Armagh v Tyrone [Athletic Grounds, Sun 5th June, 1.30]

Started by tiempo, May 23, 2022, 09:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: naka on May 23, 2022, 04:13:41 PM
genuinely dont see a full house.
its live on tv and after the depressing exit from the championship by armagh a  fair few will stay at home
fancy 9/10k at it

If the league game was full (and it was streamed live) then there must be chance of a crowd for the championship.

You have a point about the dismal performance in Ballybofey, but the problem with us Armagh people is that we always have hope.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

With the price of fuel, this is a good draw us Armagh folk who are trying to cut spending. Home defeat and no more long journeys.

More to the point is who would we like as manager to help ease our descent to Div 3?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

naka

Quote from: armaghniac on May 23, 2022, 04:18:05 PM
its live on tv and after the depressing exit from the championship by armagh a  fair few will stay at home
fancy 9/10k at it

You have a point about the dismal performance in Ballybofey, but the problem with us Armagh people is that we always have hope.

its the hope that kills you!!!!!

Derryman forever

Quote from: Whishtup on May 23, 2022, 01:35:44 PM
We'll really see what this Tyrone management are made of.  Derry nailed every tactic that was deployed and we were kept outside shooting range for most of the game. What is plan c, d, e and how quickly can the team adapt? McShane needs to deliver. Discipline needs to be better. Make Armagh do the fouling. This is the business end of the season and Armagh may be a bit greener than Tyrone (at this stage) so Tyrone to shade it.

Mc Shane will be right.
He has been seen at the pool practising his diving..

yellowcard

Quote from: Derryman forever on May 23, 2022, 05:12:25 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on May 23, 2022, 01:35:44 PM
We'll really see what this Tyrone management are made of.  Derry nailed every tactic that was deployed and we were kept outside shooting range for most of the game. What is plan c, d, e and how quickly can the team adapt? McShane needs to deliver. Discipline needs to be better. Make Armagh do the fouling. This is the business end of the season and Armagh may be a bit greener than Tyrone (at this stage) so Tyrone to shade it.

Mc Shane will be right.
He has been seen at the pool practising his diving..

McShane hasn't delivered since he was given a package to stop him from going to Australia.

armaghniac

Quote from: naka on May 23, 2022, 05:05:59 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 23, 2022, 04:18:05 PM
fancy 9/10k at it

its the hope that kills you!!!!!

Supporting Armagh is like sky diving, the fall gives you a buzz but the sudden stop at the end is the problem.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Captain Obvious

Benny Tierney on RTÉ news spicing up this fixture.

"Tyrone coming to Armagh with their All-Ireland title on the line and we'll take great pleasure if we strip that title off them"

Under Lights

Star Donaghy has never beaten Tyrone when it matters

Real Talk

I think this the match of the year ...... has to be moved to a bigger pitch .... Athletic Grounds not built for this contest ..... Armagh maybe want it at Crossmaglen

greatpoint

David McKeown

Perfect draw for both counties. Tyrone with a great opportunity to vanquish a rival to get back on track and extract revenge for the league game. Armagh with the opportunity to either pick up a big scalp or hasten the departure of a much maligned manager. Only issue is that I won't be there due to a weekend away organised last August before the Jubilee was even announced. Hopefully I can pick it up in Birmingham.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Armagh18

Quote from: David McKeown on May 23, 2022, 09:52:15 PM
Perfect draw for both counties. Tyrone with a great opportunity to vanquish a rival to get back on track and extract revenge for the league game. Armagh with the opportunity to either pick up a big scalp or hasten the departure of a much maligned manager. Only issue is that I won't be there due to a weekend away organised last August before the Jubilee was even announced. Hopefully I can pick it up in Birmingham.
Do you reckon McGeeneys job depends on this result?

Itchy

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 23, 2022, 10:21:42 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on May 23, 2022, 09:52:15 PM
Do you reckon McGeeneys job depends on this result?

McGeeney has an appalling record in Ulster but it seems his playing days ensure that he is un-sackable.

rrhf

Expectations in Tyrone are lower than we would normally have for this game. However I think its a 50 50 and home advantage might just swing this to Armagh. This is going to be a very difficult season now anyway and the injury count in the camp seems as bad as 2006 2006. The lads may well need a break sooner rather than later.  If it comes after this game so be it and we go back to the drawing board for next year.