Attendances

Started by slippery dodger, January 18, 2018, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: illdecide on June 21, 2022, 09:32:11 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 16, 2022, 05:23:12 PM
I laugh at all these supporters with forward planning past the nxt game, usually ends in tears.

Correct...One game at a time for me. Armagh v Derry semi final?...lol. Can just as easy be a Galway v Clare semi final.

Not that I have, but why wouldn't anyone book a hotel for s semi of final online as early as possible and get it at a cheaper rate? If your team doesn't get through, cancel, no harm done.

Rossfan

I see they're expecting a full house in Croker Sunday and c50k Saturday.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

southderryman

Quote from: thewobbler on June 21, 2022, 08:27:42 AM
Has anyone in history actually sat all the way through a triple header?

6-7 hrs on your arse in a plastic seat ain't much fun.

i did in 2007, derry v cork in the minors (Quarter final?) and derry v dublin in the senior QF.... Think the other game was a nicky rackard game, possibly rosscommon/armagh... Was a long day alright

jonathanh

Quote from: full moon on June 11, 2022, 09:09:10 PM
Quote from: jonathanh on June 11, 2022, 09:05:27 PM
Rather than start a new topic I figured it was easier to ask in here.
Do the quarter finals at Croke Park 25/26 June go on general sale?
Or are they only for county boards/club members?

Assume they will be general sale at some point as I doubt any will sell out even as double headers.

Keep a check on Ticketmaster they'll go up there some stage.

Thanks for the heads up, managed to get tickets today for the Sunday.
We are coming over from England, can anyone advise on the following:
1) do fans tend to go for both games or just for their teams game?
2) is either of the games going to have better atmosphere than the other?
3) alcohol - I understand drinking can't be done at your seat. Is it similar to Premier league games where the concourse is full of bars for people to drink before the game and at half time?

Thanks

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: jonathanh on June 21, 2022, 12:27:04 PM

Assume they will be general sale at some point as I doubt any will sell out even as double headers.

1) do fans tend to go for both games or just for their teams game? On balance, probably most attendees stay for both, though not the Dubs generally  ;)
2) is either of the games going to have better atmosphere than the other? Hard to say, but probably not to any significant degree.
3) alcohol - I understand drinking can't be done at your seat. Is it similar to Premier league games where the concourse is full of bars for people to drink before the game and at half time? Yes, much the same.

Thanks
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

rosnarun

Quote from: balladmaker on June 21, 2022, 10:27:24 AM
Quote from: illdecide on June 21, 2022, 09:32:11 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 16, 2022, 05:23:12 PM
I laugh at all these supporters with forward planning past the nxt game, usually ends in tears.

Correct...One game at a time for me. Armagh v Derry semi final?...lol. Can just as easy be a Galway v Clare semi final.

+1.  Bookies are not far away, Galway slight favourites, Galway/Armagh will be a kick of a ball between them, and maybe a refereeing decision thrown in to get a team over the line.

Whilst Sunday is looking like a full house ... it probably won't feel like that as sets of supporters from both games won't all be in the stadium at the same time with the coming and going.
if Armagh win I cant imgine too many of them leaving and not looking at Mayo kerry . I know its not easy to sit through the next match when youe knocked out of a competition,  your interest Is never as low

mind the Galway hundreds could leave
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

full moon

Quote from: jonathanh on June 21, 2022, 12:27:04 PM

1) do fans tend to go for both games or just for their teams game?
2) is either of the games going to have better atmosphere than the other?
3) alcohol - I understand drinking can't be done at your seat. Is it similar to Premier league games where the concourse is full of bars for people to drink before the game and at half time?

Thanks
No problem, glad to hear you got sorted for tickets! Picked a good day to go should be a big crowd

1. It depends on the double header I was at the Tailteann Cup games Sunday and a lot left after the first game. But for this Sunday with it being All Ireland quarter finals and Kerry Mayo in second game I'd imagine the vast majority will stay for both.

2. Think it will be much the same atmosphere wise for both

3. Yeah its the same as Premier League. From memory on Sunday they were serving Guinness Carlsberg Rockshore some Cider I think and a few others

Also will be a good crowd in most of the pubs in Drumcondra in and around the stadium pre and post match

rosnarun

seems all the people talking about the conspiracy theory about holding back best tickets are right.

loads of good hogan and cusack stand tickets available now

tiempo

Quote from: rosnarun on June 23, 2022, 09:38:47 AM
seems all the people talking about the conspiracy theory about holding back best tickets are right.

Unsold season ticket/county board returns maybe

Slightly annoying if you've bought a ticket in some nether-region

Wouldn't want to bank on this happening again for the semi-finals, a very inexact science

Redhand Santa

I said previously what happens is so many go on ticketmaster and then county boards/season ticket holders etc are held back. If there are returns from these they are then sold online closer to the game. It's complete nonsense to say that they hold back the good seats so people will buy bad ones.

LCohen

Version A
Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 23, 2022, 10:05:51 AM

I said previously what happens is so many go on ticketmaster and then county boards/season ticket holders etc are held back. If there are returns from these they are then sold online closer to the game. It's complete nonsense to say that they hold back the good seats so people will buy bad ones.
Version B

One of these versions is true and one version is reactionary b#llocks.
Discussion boards in a nutshell

Farrandeelin

Quote from: tiempo on June 23, 2022, 09:53:03 AM

Unsold season ticket/county board returns maybe

Slightly annoying if you've bought a ticket in some nether-region

Wouldn't want to bank on this happening again for the semi-finals, a very inexact science

Clubs, therefore County boards I assume didn't get tickets
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Redhand Santa

County boards got something like 1800 each to cover officials, player tickets, sponsors etc.

rosnarun

Quote from: LCohen on June 23, 2022, 10:32:23 AM
Version A

Version B

i just stated facts . there are better tickets available now than there were 2 weeks ago and that  certain people had expressed views why this may be
Personally i would say its the little Caesars who will lose power if tickets good 100% online  that want this situation.

JoG2

Quote from: rosnarun on June 24, 2022, 02:40:49 PM
Quote from: LCohen on June 23, 2022, 10:32:23 AM
Version A

Version B

i just stated facts . there are better tickets available now than there were 2 weeks ago and that  certain people had expressed views why this may be
Personally i would say its the little Caesars who will lose power if tickets good 100% online  that want this situation.

You weren't stating facts, you were wrong, and have highlighted this fact again