Attendances

Started by slippery dodger, January 18, 2018, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: tiempo on June 27, 2022, 03:36:34 PM
Lower Hogan 326 booked there very handy for Dublin Kerry on ticketmaster, €50 each, was offered the back of the Hogan upper tier first, still that element of erratic in the algorithm i guess, better might become available later but so what, easiest All-Ireland Final tickets I ever got

Love it. Love it. This is the content I am here for.

Blowitupref

Got a couple of tickets straight away for the Dublin v Kerry game. Was expecting a long queue on Ticketmaster for a match that should be a sell out.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Talk of a 27,000 sell out in Nowlan Park for Minor Hurling Final!!
If it was played before the Senior Final 23 or 24k of them wouldn't get to see it.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

clonadmad

Nowlan Park sold out in the last hour for the Minor Hurling Final.

johnnycool

Quote from: clonadmad on June 30, 2022, 09:41:57 PM
Nowlan Park sold out in the last hour for the Minor Hurling Final.

Jesus that's mad for Offaly and Tipp U17's to fill Nowlan park, a senior game between the two of them at the minute wouldn't get that.

full moon

Disappointing crowd for Clare Kilkenny, an Ireland semi final and seems half full?

Wasn't much of a build up it seemed like this week all very rushed with the new calendar. I'd say a lot of neutrals are missing.

Rossfan

People don't have €50s lying around + travel to Dublin on a Saturday evening to see other Counties' teams  :-\

From the Bunker

Quote from: full moon on July 02, 2022, 05:45:37 PM
Disappointing crowd for Clare Kilkenny, an Ireland semi final and seems half full?

Wasn't much of a build up it seemed like this week all very rushed with the new calendar. I'd say a lot of neutrals are missing.

€50 into the match. People have changed their free-time choices since Covid.

Turf

Match should have been in Thurles.

Wildweasel74

Blowitupref

40k was the expected attendance today and tomorrow it's 50k will be interesting to see the official attendances
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

From the Bunker

Quote from: Turf on July 02, 2022, 06:33:49 PM

Seems to be the theme.........every game should be anywhere but Croke Park.

full moon

There definitely seems to be a significant amount of people that won't go to Croke Park or can't afford to do the trip anymore.

Used to be the case the semi finals weren't on the same weekend so there would be more build up and potential neutrals there.

Rossfan

Turf

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 02, 2022, 06:35:55 PM
Quote from: Turf on July 02, 2022, 06:33:49 PM

Seems to be the theme.........every game should be anywhere but Croke Park.
Let's be honest though would a full Semple Stadium not have been better than a half empty Croke Park? Logistically speaking it would also have been easier for Clare and KK fans to go to Thurles rather than a trek to Dublin. I'm sure KK could give a rats ass about playing in Croke Park, it's not exactly a uncommon experience for them.
Thurles would have made sense so obviously the GAA do the opposite.