Time to merge the LGFA and Camogie Association under the GAA umbrella

Started by Eamonnca1, October 03, 2017, 07:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiempo

Todays offering... Déise boss Ephie Fitzgerald says ladies football 'going nowhere' without amalgamation... coming from a county that pays lip service to mens football thats embarrassing, he's basically claiming incompetence on behalf of the LGFA, the LGFA/Camogie haven't the wherewithal to up their game or amalgamate (with anyone) so they're throwing roundhouses in all directions with the support of the GPA, what a remarkable way to try and endear yourself to an organisation that has overwhelmingly supported your current structure and growth and that you purportedly want to join

Taylor

The GPA sticking their nose in again - bunch of mouth pieces and always an ulterior motive.

There is no doubt the LGFA should come under the umbrella and everyone as one.

In many clubs the ladies & mens teams operate side by side in any case with no issues.

I assume a club is not bound to give their facilities for the use of the ladies game?

Itchy

Isnt this question firmly with the two ladies associations? WHy is the GAA always getting blamed for stuff outside of their remit. Its ridiculous the lack of understanding out there on who actuall governs who. For example, apparently it is "the GAAs" fault that Slaughtneil camogs had to play a semi final in Wexford.

tiempo

@Itchy - while freeloading on a GAA pitch; the hypocrisy is something to behold

Rossfan

As Ladies Football and Camogie were not "field games under the control of the Association" were the GAA breaking Rule 42 for decades by letting them play on GAA owned pitches?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tiempo

Evidently, but don't let the GAAs willingness to accommodate and support the development and growth of ladies football and camogie get in the way of a good slandering

Captain Scarlet

There is some amount of the general public, who even have kids girls playing, that have no clue that the organisations are not run by the GAA.
You see it in the Twitter storms when any fixture clash happens or the likes. The Ladies semi-final getting moved last minute was a case in point.
It was their own people who were being crooked and had zero back-up plan.

That was some shiteshow when the title sponsor and TV broadcaster couldn't even show the game live...but yet it was still the GAA's fault.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Itchy

Quote from: tiempo on February 24, 2022, 01:15:43 PM
@Itchy - while freeloading on a GAA pitch; the hypocrisy is something to behold

Indeed, i think the women association should shut down and they should join the GAA but I am pretty sure it is the ladies executives themselves that are the biggest barrier to this so maybe thats where the GPA should aim their fire.

Captain Scarlet

But they can't be seen to be MANSPLAINING to the women's organisations!
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

tiempo

An article so bipolar it perfectly sums up the entire issue/non-issue

Big Tam disappointed that 10% of delegates exercised their democratic right

Antrim chair wants people called out

LGFA remain the stumbling block

And what of the LGFA... tumbleweed

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/integration-is-coming-but-pragmatic-ideals-mean-it-wont-be-swift-41392472.html

Saw a few clips of the debate from Congress, 5 or 6 biddies giving it large, chastising the men in the room for their gender basically, but yep, it's men that's the issue

johnnycool

Quote from: tiempo on February 28, 2022, 09:34:55 AM

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/integration-is-coming-but-pragmatic-ideals-mean-it-wont-be-swift-41392472.html

Saw a few clips of the debate from Congress, 5 or 6 biddies giving it large, chastising the men in the room for their gender basically, but yep, it's men that's the issue

McCarthy is entirely right and pragmatic on this one. The biggest issues will be at Provincial and County Board level and that needs fleshed out so that the ladies games aren't marginalised and considering how a lot of county boards and some provinces treat the weaker of the two existing codes under their remit they'd be right to be concerned...

Rossfan

Aw boo bloody hoo

tiempo

In keeping with last week I look forward to GPA Tam and GPA Meyler, and moreso the female GPA reps giving the LGFA both barrels on social media ahead of LGFA congress this weekend. In the interests of equality of course, I mean what's good enough for one is good enough for the other right?

It would be absolute gas if it didn't pass at LGFA congress, is it even up for debate? Surely the GPA put a motion to the congress of all 3 organisations and didn't just single out the GAA. There'll be serious boo hoo if this joined up thinking wasn't so joined up after all.

thewobbler

Quote from: johnnycool on February 28, 2022, 09:44:08 AM

McCarthy is entirely right and pragmatic on this one. The biggest issues will be at Provincial and County Board level and that needs fleshed out so that the ladies games aren't marginalised and considering how a lot of county boards and some provinces treat the weaker of the two existing codes under their remit they'd be right to be concerned...

Completely agree.

I often get the sense with Down County Board that hurling is something we usually have to put up with rather than something we enjoy. The reasoning behind this isn't owed to historic factions revolving around anti-hurling or oneupmanship. Instead it's just a reflection of a county whereby the majority of clubs don't partake in hurling, and accordingly the majority of county board attendees have limited passion for the game.

Speaking for myself. It's been a long time since I was our rep, but the thought of attending a county board meeting in which LGFA and camogie interests must be provided equal platform to men's football and hurling, that really wouldn't entice me back!

In my opinion, it HAS to be off putting to a volunteer group to have the passions and needs of another sport foisted upon their remit.

The Association does not work without volunteers.

This path is not one we need to tread.

Rossfan