An Fear Rua - Gone!!!!!

Started by Dinny Breen, September 11, 2012, 12:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

Send him to the Vomitarium, it's over there beyond the Fora!
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

rosnarun

Quote from: Billys Boots on September 14, 2012, 11:30:56 AM
Send him to the Vomitarium, it's over there beyond the Fora!
you say Vomitarium i say Vomitorium close enough ! you want to send me to the area leading to the exit ? or are you thinking of the vulgar usage which associates Vomitorium with a place to vomit , confused by the fact that  both being to do with expurging ,  people in the first case the contents of you stomach in the other
Really don't the teach the classics any more
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

bp

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 14, 2012, 09:59:31 AM
I was reading that boards.ie thread alright and the AFR lads are fairly lost as well. It's gas that what they are looking for (A single forum with individual boards for Counties, a non-gaa discussion etc) are all here, and they don't know about us :) That might be a good or bad thing.

We are omnipresent AZ  ;D

AZOffaly

Shamrock Shore

Time for the mods (howyie lads) to give newbies some provisional rights only until they have proved that they can engage on a meaningful level - rather than at a 'schoolyard taunts' level that you'd see on Hoganshite.com

In other words (say) cannot create new threads until 100 posts are reached for one thing.
Not allowed to use a hotmail/yahoo mail account.

etc

*runs for cover*

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 14, 2012, 02:35:20 PM
Time for the mods (howyie lads) to give newbies some provisional rights only until they have proved that they can engage on a meaningful level - rather than at a 'schoolyard taunts' level that you'd see on Hoganshite.com

In other words (say) cannot create new threads until 100 posts are reached for one thing.

etc

*runs for cover*

Agreed and they should have to Rule 1 any hot girlfriends, sisters, mothers, grannies(for Hardy :P)!

upmonaghansayswe

etc

*runs for cover*

Over at YBIG they have a policy where a newbies first 10 posts maybe (not sure on exact number) have to be approved by a mod first.. Probably time consuming on a Mods behalf but it would stop a certain amount of tripe..

bp

Sorry BCB........whose hot sister or girlfriend do I get to run my ruler over ?? ;)

deiseach

I'm sure the new intake will get on very well with Evil Genius and Myles Na G

bp

Quote from: upmonaghansayswe on September 14, 2012, 02:47:16 PM

etc

*runs for cover*

Over at YBIG they have a policy where a newbies first 10 posts maybe (not sure on exact number) have to be approved by a mod first.. Probably time consuming on a Mods behalf but it would stop a certain amount of tripe..

Feic sake lads, just two posts and there's allegations of tripe, and recommendations for special " provisional " status, I'm not exactly the mujahadeen about to ride into town

AZOffaly

dont' worry, there's no such constraints on newbies here. If you act the maggot, you get the road, but you have to nearly be looking for it :)

bp

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 14, 2012, 02:57:47 PM
dont' worry, there's no such constraints on newbies here. If you act the maggot, you get the road, but you have to nearly be looking for it :)

Complete reverse of AFR, where the decent posters were more likely to get the road, and the persistant maggot-acters escape scot-free.

RMDrive

Quote from: bp on September 14, 2012, 03:02:54 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 14, 2012, 02:57:47 PM

Complete reverse of AFR, where the decent posters were more likely to get the road, and the persistant maggot-acters escape scot-free.

Perhaps. I'm sure AFR was a decent site. I never got into it because it always seems very Munster-ish rather than AI. Of course the same thing could be levelled at Gaaboard, there's a dominant Ulster membership with a good gang from Mayo.
New blood is important for an forum, things get stale quickly enough if you have the same heads arguing about the same thing all the time.

tommysmith

As anyone invited any of these lost posters over here?

AZOffaly

Hi haven't because boards.ie mods have said not to do so, which is fair enough. You'd essentially be doing what AFR did here and we all fell out with him :)