Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

braveheart

What does everyone think of the league restructuring thus far? Has the standard of football been any better or which teams results have been the most impressive so far?

oakleaflad

Quote from: braveheart on April 24, 2019, 11:41:40 AM
What does everyone think of the league restructuring thus far? Has the standard of football been any better or which teams results have been the most impressive so far?
Probably more competitive games and teams have to be a we bit sharper than other years as the threat of relegation is greater.
The downside being there are less league games for the players themselves and Ardmore, Doire Colmcille and Sean Dolans will ship very heavy defeats at the bottom.

Going by results Slaughtneil, Greenlough and Slaughtmanus are the early front runners in the 3 leagues.
Again based on results I would say Swatragh, Screen, Claudy, Drumsurn and Doire Trasna are the sides doing a bit better than I would have expected.

restorepride

The 2019 Ulster Senior Football Championsip was launched yesterday - Derry not represented, it seems?! Strange. Or is there an explanation?

DERRYSFINEST

Not like Chrissy to miss an opportunity in the spotlight

JoG2

Quote from: DERRYSFINEST on April 26, 2019, 12:12:56 PM
Not like Chrissy to miss an opportunity in the spotlight

Really super post

Tight viewing in Armagh this evening. There's serious quality through the core of the minor team but they didn't take the shackles off, even with a strong wind on their backs in the 2nd half. Percentage (ie handpassing) football to the extreme. Had the lion's share of possession in the 1st half, an early goal opportunity missed, few wides, but mostly sideways handpass ball for the most part. 2nd half not much better with the exquisitely taken goal by McAleese being the standout play. Wind played a big factor, as did the mass defence, but hopefully push on from here.

Rawhide

Sorry for taking this line, but that's an bsolute piss take, it's not the way football is going. Football with progressive coaches has moved pass this crap. This was Donegal in 2012 and this is where the current manager is stuck at in his head. There are a lot of talented boys on that pitch who can play a lot of ball if a structure is coached to allow them to play, not this stuff. I can understand on one game whereby you need to play like this due to the opposition but this is game in and out, year in and out with Paddy. Unfortunately this team isn't going to break any delft. The template is wrong
cccc is a true supporter lol

toby47

There's the football over for 11 weeks now - pure crap

braveheart

Quote from: toby47 on April 29, 2019, 08:56:35 AM
A great win for the Quigan yesterday.i don't want to talk us up again but we're cruising along nicely. Glen have started well.  Bellaghy getting closer to the drop.

toby47

Quote from: braveheart on April 29, 2019, 10:23:43 AM
A great win for the Quigan yesterday.i don't want to talk us up again but we're cruising along nicely. Glen have started well.  Bellaghy getting closer to the drop.

I heard Swatragh could have won by more too. Is it the younger players making the difference this year?

seanyb1

Great start by the Swa, be interesting if they can maintain it throughout the year but that win against S'Neil will give them the belief they can push on.

tonesfirstandlast

Them Maghera ones are some slabbers along a line. What would they be like if they ever win anything

howlongref

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on April 29, 2019, 02:12:34 PM
Them Maghera ones are some slabbers along a line. What would they be like if they ever win anything
In fairness Bellaghy had two penalties waved away, scoreline flattered glen abit. Btw who is the black haired guy from bellaghy mgt who had a lot to say, strange accent? A day for shocks all round with all the favourites turned over, prob the biggest shock swatragh, fair play to them bringing the youth through.....

quiganmaster

Yea very happy with the win after sub standard performances v the bridge and forgelen. Division 1b very tight, most games within a few points and everyone beating everyone else, good viewing! Senior division games likewise. How many points to stay up do yous think?

Josey Wales

Quote from: quiganmaster on April 30, 2019, 11:49:13 AM

Yea very happy with the win after sub standard performances v the bridge and forgelen. Division 1b very tight, most games within a few points and everyone beating everyone else, good viewing! Senior division games likewise. How many points to stay up do yous think?

7pts definitely keep you up in seniors anyway

screenexile

Greenlough sacking their managers after winning 3 out of 4 games??!!!

What's the story there?