The DUP thread

Started by armaghniac, December 31, 2022, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brendan

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on February 09, 2023, 01:35:04 PM
They are talking about all kinds of cuts to services now. The very first thing that should be cut is MLA salaries in their entirety. There should be no debate around it or hesitancy in doing it. How can the regular Joe on the street be expected to stomach cuts to health etc while MLAs continue to receive a salary? It has gone far, far beyond a joke at this stage.

They use the excuse of having to be able to attract talent to the roles, the talent isn't there and there isn't a hope of stormont getting ip and running so why keep throwing good money at it

seafoid

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on February 09, 2023, 01:35:04 PM
They are talking about all kinds of cuts to services now. The very first thing that should be cut is MLA salaries in their entirety. There should be no debate around it or hesitancy in doing it. How can the regular Joe on the street be expected to stomach cuts to health etc while MLAs continue to receive a salary? It has gone far, far beyond a joke at this stage.
The DUP put the n in cuts

Eire90

tories are a joke too for cutting wages 100 percent should give them a deadline to next month or its over.

Eire90

Quote from: Eire90 on February 09, 2023, 04:36:17 PM
tories are a joke too for  not cutting wages 100 percent should give them a deadline to next month or its over.

Eire90

think ill ignore ni politics  now its so boring i felt tired reading brysons tweets yesterday and now tired again

armaghniac

Quote from: Eire90 on February 09, 2023, 04:37:34 PM
think ill ignore ni politics  now its so boring i felt tired reading brysons tweets yesterday and now tired again

How about ignoring GAABoard?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Eire90

The dup just posh loyalists  paramilitary spokespeople in suits (posh in northern ireland terms tories probably still see them as peasants)

johnnycool

Dishy Rishy flew into the Black North last night with the expectation of talking to the leaders of the various political parties (except Mary Lou) and other organisations and "stake holders"...

Looks like he's greasing up the DUP for the NIP Protocol agreement with the EU.

Nothing will be enough for them and Angry Jim.

imtommygunn

Speculation is Monday it'll be announced. I noticed from twitter Beattie wasn't invited. I do wonder were Eastwood or Long either.

I wonder does it mean their 7 red lines though they've even added another one since. I highly doubt it.

I could see them spin it but really can't see Stormont coming back.

smort

Mary lou just walked into the culloden 5mins ago JC

But as you say, nothing will be good enough for Jim and Jeff. Hard to know what is going to happen. Think the power-sharing agreement was necessary to get NI moving forward, but it may have run its course

Eastwood, Long and Beattie were there this morning too

seafoid

It looks like the end of the road for the DUP's strategy

imtommygunn

The strategy is to say no to everything. They'll still get plenty of votes.

keep her low this half

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 17, 2023, 10:05:02 AM
Yup, council elections in May, NO,NO,NO!
General Election next year, NO, NO, NO!
Perhaps after that they may start to behave like adults but highly unlikely

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 17, 2023, 10:05:02 AM
They are going to get bitchslappped by a combo of the UK Government and the EU.
Their  strategy is in bits.
I don't think they can smile their way out of this.