FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Started by laoislad, April 01, 2022, 06:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

Quote from: thewobbler on December 06, 2022, 11:52:20 AM
Quote from: laoislad on December 06, 2022, 11:41:50 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on December 06, 2022, 10:16:47 AM
Do they have a viable alternative to Maguire?
Yeah but he's sitting at home watching it on the TV.
Joe Gomez... for all his faults he's a better centre back than Harry the fridge.

He's really not.

Gomez looked tidy when VVD was at his imperious best and he had an armchair ride. The decline in Virgil's form has made Gonez's mediocrity rather obvious.

Maguire ain't no £70m defender. But he's clearly better on the ball and better in the air than Gomez. Not sure what Gomez is clearly better at than Maguire.... Apart from managing his weight.

Gomez had a bad injury himself which set him back a bit.  Maguire is better in the air but not better on the ball. Well documented how bad Maguire has been for a long time now but he's been a regular starter for England for a few years now and Southgate knows what he gets from him. He's been steady enough for England so far but he reminds me a bit of Tony Adams, i.e. very dodgy when the heat is turned up against good opposition.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Milltown Row2

Hope Gomez plays the rest of the season for Liverpool  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on December 06, 2022, 09:41:16 AM
It's absolutely hilarious when the English pundits are dismissing lads with Champions League titkes, World Cups and titles from the big leagues and yet Mason Mount is borderline world class.

Bellingham is class but that French midfield is really underrated. Griezmann dropping deep is doing brilliantly too.
Southgate will need to go more defensive.

As for Brazil. What harm having a bit of craic.

I've been very impressed with Rabiot this tournament.

Covers so much ground (including doing extra with Mbappe on that side), great at winning the ball back and a good passer and dribbler.

If I remember correctly, Juve were shopping him around a bit back in the summer. They'll have no problem finding takers in January if they still want to get rid.

mrdeeds

Quote from: J70 on December 06, 2022, 12:56:51 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on December 06, 2022, 09:41:16 AM
It's absolutely hilarious when the English pundits are dismissing lads with Champions League titkes, World Cups and titles from the big leagues and yet Mason Mount is borderline world class.

Bellingham is class but that French midfield is really underrated. Griezmann dropping deep is doing brilliantly too.
Southgate will need to go more defensive.

As for Brazil. What harm having a bit of craic.

I've been very impressed with Rabiot this tournament.

Covers so much ground (including doing extra with Mbappe on that side), great at winning the ball back and a good passer and dribbler.

If I remember correctly, Juve were shopping him around a bit back in the summer. They'll have no problem finding takers in January if they still want to get rid.

Big problem with him is attitude, not talent. Plus his mother is an issue too.

Milltown Row2

Spain getting their fill of it...anyones game now
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Capt Pat

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Capt Pat on December 06, 2022, 04:28:55 PM
This is dull :-\

Spain are unwatchable. I would rather see the Ireland of old or Wimbledon hoof it into the box than this shit. At least direct football the shit ball into the box happens within a few seconds, with Spain they have 50 sideways passes and then try a shit ball into the box. How did they score 7 in the first match.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on December 06, 2022, 04:33:08 PM

Spain are unwatchable. I would rather see the Ireland of old or Wimbledon hoof it into the box than this shit. At least direct football the shit ball into the box happens within a few seconds, with Spain they have 50 sideways passes and then try a shit ball into the box. How did they score 7 in the first match.

Agreed. Too technical for my simple tastes. Even the Barca teams that dominated few years back were same to an extent

AustinPowers

Even the Spain team when they won it in  2010 were awful to  watch

markl121

thought we were going to be robbed of the pens there

quit yo jibbajabba

Hope Morocco dont shit the nest like Japan did after all that effort. At least go out scoring a few

Captain Obvious

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on December 06, 2022, 04:33:08 PM

In 120 plus minutes one shot on target and 1019 passes for Spain.

armaghniac

Morocco have Bono and the edge!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Captain Obvious

Bono, it's a beautiful day for Morocco!

AustinPowers

Spain are far too predictable

Mix it up.  Pump  it up to a big striker now and again