Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

The Saffron Voice lads have invited the whole show to Country Bumpkin's house if Cargin win this weekend. Fair played to you CB.
Would MR2 be allowed in?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on November 23, 2022, 07:39:13 AM
The Saffron Voice lads have invited the whole show to Country Bumpkin's house if Cargin win this weekend. Fair played to you CB.
Would MR2 be allowed in?

I suppose a different bedroom would be a nice change, if I get an invite I'll come along, CB has already lined up a great welcome for me anyways in Cargin for my next visit so looking forward to that also ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 23, 2022, 08:40:36 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on November 23, 2022, 07:39:13 AM
Would MR2 be allowed in?

I suppose a different bedroom would be a nice change, if I get an invite I'll come along, CB has already lined up a great welcome for me anyways in Cargin for my next visit so looking forward to that also ;D

As the lads from SV say, all hands are welcome here to celebrate the win over the Glensmen.
But after consultation with the 'bean an ti' and as the lads say It will only be a drap o' tae, in the hand.

johnnycool

Quote from: delgany on November 22, 2022, 03:01:53 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 22, 2022, 02:10:30 PM
If you are born in July can you be in the same year as a kid born the following June?

School enrolment year is 2nd July to 1st of July the following year in North

Is this correct for school enrolment?

It's just that I've a query from a parent whose kid is born on the 1st of July that I need to delve into.

delgany

Quote from: johnnycool on November 23, 2022, 11:39:09 AM
Quote from: delgany on November 22, 2022, 03:01:53 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 22, 2022, 02:10:30 PM
If you are born in July can you be in the same year as a kid born the following June?

School enrolment year is 2nd July to 1st of July the following year in North

Is this correct for school enrolment?

It's just that I've a query from a parent whose kid is born on the 1st of July that I need to delve into.

That is 100% , children born between 2nd July 2017 - 1st July 2018 will start P1 in Sept, albeit for those who happened to defer for a year, but very few in a position to do that!

keep her low this half

Best of luck to Cargin tomorrow
Tough opposition but what else would you get in the Ulster championship

bannside

Talking to a few Cargin men who are optimistic about tomorrow and genuinely feel they have the manpower to go toe to toe with Glen. Big hours football to show Antrim football in a good light to a national audience. Putting parochial loyalties aside, good luck to Cargin tomorrow. They are representing us all.

Sportacus

It looks like a tough assignment.  Glen want another cut at Kilcoo.  They'll go into tomorrow's game to get the job done. Last year will stand to them and will probably make the difference.

Milltown Row2

Good luck Cargin today, hopefully still in the mix at the business end of the game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BrendanAntrim

Definitely well in the game at HT.

paddyjohn

The one that got away. Wrong shot selection on a few occasions.

Penalty put a gloss on it.

theskull1

Gave it everything but never got the feeling they had the threat to win the game at any stage.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Massive effort and huge shift put in, pitch seemed heavy. Slowed things down a bit

Cargin unlucky on some shot selections some frees going against them also

Wasn't pretty but tense

BrendanAntrim

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 27, 2022, 03:36:12 PM
Massive effort and huge shift put in, pitch seemed heavy. Slowed things down a bit

Wasn't pretty but tense

Was pretty tense

country bumpkin

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on November 27, 2022, 03:40:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 27, 2022, 03:36:12 PM

Wasn't pretty but tense

Was pretty tense

Although beaten Cargin can stand tall as some said a few chances (Poor shot selections) were missed our lads came close and raised the Saffron profile.

Those who took the ridiculous 1/12 odds offered would need to have brought a change of underwear to Healey Pk.

Took the 1/1 with a seven point start which was a  insult.

Despite the profile Glen are no big deal and our boys will realise they missed a great opportunity.....and saying naught about the stand in ref.......