Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kidder81

Quote from: Sleeping giant on December 04, 2022, 03:03:30 PM
A serious effort by the neighbours,worked like dogs all day and put the body on the line.Sneil looked poor and as someone said above stick work was awful at times.Take nothing away from the Victors. Now it's up to everyone to catch Dunloy

Yeah that was my take, Sneil very so poor for long periods, wrong decisions, the amount of lifts Brendan Rodgers missed was crazy but I suppose they were right there at the end. Dunloy fought like dogs all day. Sneil FB line very dodgy all day 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 04, 2022, 04:04:32 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on December 04, 2022, 03:00:33 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2022, 02:57:57 PM
Look at the surface at Croke compared to Armagh, world of difference

Croke park hosts a fraction of the games Armagh Athletic grounds hosts
Was at the match and the surface was like a billiard table compared to a lot of places in December.

It looked sticky Crokes looked unreal, thinking Parnell's for semi final.. dates available yet?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kidder81

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2022, 07:14:00 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 04, 2022, 04:04:32 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on December 04, 2022, 03:00:33 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2022, 02:57:57 PM
Look at the surface at Croke compared to Armagh, world of difference

Croke park hosts a fraction of the games Armagh Athletic grounds hosts
Was at the match and the surface was like a billiard table compared to a lot of places in December.

It looked sticky Crokes looked unreal, thinking Parnell's for semi final.. dates available yet?

18th December

Milltown Row2

Didn't think it would be this side of xmas
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Walt Jabsco

Semi Final venue confirmed for Croke Park 18th December

Saffrongael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2022, 07:49:29 PM
Didn't think it would be this side of xmas

Yes semis always set for before Xmas, football was also supposed to be before Xmas but they are in January now
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Saffrongael

Quote from: Walt Jabsco on December 04, 2022, 09:08:26 PM
Semi Final venue confirmed for Croke Park 18th December

Where did you see that ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Walt Jabsco

Croke Park Master Fixture List 2023      
Date   Fixture   Expected Attendance / Notes
Nov-22      
19th November    Leinster GAA Club Football Semi Finals    5,000
27th November    Leinster GAA Club Hurling Semi Finals    5,000
Dec-22      
4th December    Leinster Club Football & Hurling Finals    5,000
10th December   LGFA Club Finals   5,000
17th December    Camogie Club Finals    5,000
18th December    Senior Club Hurling  Semi-Finals    5,000

Jonkunlon

Semi-Final v St Thomas was scheduled for 17th Dec but there's a club wedding. Game has been pushed back to the following day.

NAG1

Quote from: Jonkunlon on December 05, 2022, 09:58:51 AM
Semi-Final v St Thomas was scheduled for 17th Dec but there's a club wedding. Game has been pushed back to the following day.

Not sure that is going to be the case, not sure GAA will be wanting to open Croker on the day of the World Cup Final.

Could be wrong but I'd have thought a double header on the Saturday would be the way to go.

north_antrim_hound

Just been confirmed to our players it's in croke park 18th
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

NAG1

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on December 05, 2022, 11:35:01 AM
Just been confirmed to our players it's in croke park 18th

Dont think be too many lf them unhappy if that's the outcome  big wide open pitch.

Saffrongael

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on December 06, 2022, 08:02:19 AM
Venues or dates not settled yet going by this

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-41022329.html

Would the later date suit Dunloy? I know they has some niggly injuries and that would certainly help, though the surface at Croke would also help both teams.

At this point though I'd be putting my own team first regardless of a club wedding, if it worked in my favour to play it at the right time I would but if changing it meant I was able to prepare better and have a better chance then I'd take that option

Jonkunlon

Dunloy should play it on the 18th. They are on a high and full of confidence. That performance has been coming and 2 weeks is a sufficient timeframe to be ready to go again. They are the best club hurling team to come out of Antrim since Loughgiel of 2012. They'll give anyone a real good go!!