TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrick18

Quote from: snoopdog on November 26, 2022, 12:22:55 AM
My youngest 2 love it. But Tubridy is a hard watch. Cringe from start to finish. Makes it about him as opposed to the kids.

100%

He has ruined that show since he took over.

Taylor

First episode of Tulsa King - Sly the main man in the show.

Decent viewing so far

screenexile

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on November 27, 2022, 09:51:22 AM
The English and Tokyo Vice are both very good on BBC now.
The English looks amazing, really cinematic
Tokyo Vice has a great cast.

Just watching episode 4 of the English... Rafe Spall has been phenomenal. He deserves an award for this episode alone!

Milltown Row2

6 episodes in of Barbarians and loving it...

Really decent plot to go with the history of it

And a bitta love interest  :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

HiMucker

I absolutely detest reality TV, always think its complete muck, but Im glued to The Traitors on bbc. Loving the psychology of it.

thewobbler

Yellowstone has now more than run its course. Should have killed off at least one of Jamie and Beth when the chance arose. Their interknitted back story is just not enough for the bewildering actions they continue to take with each other. Eastenders.

trailer

For those with young kids and those of you that don't.... Bluey!

imtommygunn

I second bluey.

Anyone watch the end of the walking dead?

mrdeeds

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 30, 2022, 10:16:33 AM
I second bluey.

Yeah watched the end. Ok ending but only stuck with it out of pure stubbornness.

imtommygunn

Same tbh. Last series was a lot better than some of the previous ones.

Apparently two spinoffs now I think.

nrico2006

Quote from: mrdeeds on November 30, 2022, 10:40:11 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 30, 2022, 10:16:33 AM
I second bluey.

Yeah watched the end. Ok ending but only stuck with it out of pure stubbornness.

I can never give up on a show and have stuck with some bad ones, The 100, Falling Skies etc. Kept with Walking Dead too, if you are taking the ending in isolation, as if oblivious to intended spin-offs etc., then it was pretty poor and uneventful.

I like Yellowstone but again there doesn't seem to be enough big storylines in the show.  It usually comprises of random miscellaneous strands, that I enjoy, but the lack of gripping storylines probably prevent it from being classed as a top tier show.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

imtommygunn

You didn't mention the biggest time sink of them all - Lost.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: thewobbler on November 29, 2022, 11:47:56 PM
Yellowstone has now more than run its course. Should have killed off at least one of Jamie and Beth when the chance arose. Their interknitted back story is just not enough for the bewildering actions they continue to take with each other. Eastenders.

I have loved the first 4 seasons of Yellowstone but am not particularly enjoying this season. The Jamie/Beth thing is well past its sell-by date. It's moved away from stories around the ranch to all this politics John is involved with now. I'll stick it out as I'm this far in but it isn't the watch it was.

nrico2006

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on November 30, 2022, 11:04:18 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on November 29, 2022, 11:47:56 PM

I have loved the first 4 seasons of Yellowstone but am not particularly enjoying this season. The Jamie/Beth thing is well past its sell-by date. It's moved away from stories around the ranch to all this politics John is involved with now. I'll stick it out as I'm this far in but it isn't the watch it was.

Yep, agree with that. Also, there is no point in Kaycee anymore either - worst use of a character I've seen in a while.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

seafoid

Quote from: tbrick18 on November 28, 2022, 01:47:34 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 28, 2022, 01:32:33 PM
Brooklyn nine nine is very good

My kids love it.
I can't get into it at all.
My teenager loves it too
I'm getting into it.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU