Search for New Mayo Manager

Started by IolarCoisCuain, September 28, 2015, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

This kind of thing always ends badly, mark my words!

*throws tarpaulin over Derek McGrath*

Jinxy

Would Horan come back?
Lookit, he's had his break.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Croí na hÉireann

Brings back memories of the autumn of 03. Players wanted a change from Dempsey but Dempsey talked them around with changes, improvements, etc. Board read the situation, stepped in and went after Paidí. The rest is history.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Rossfan

Maughtan and from Feb 2016 an unemployed John O'Mahony to assist him is just the ticket for the Rhus.
Sure what could possibly go wrong  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shrewdness

I agree that this thread can reach 100 pages. Us Rossies are surely capable of contributing at least 50 pages to it!!....Imo, the Mayo players have been built up as ''little God's'' by the Mayo Gaa public and can do no wrong.. These people and players seem to think that they have a God given right to win Sam, and can't understand why it's not happening. It can't be their '' little God's'' fault, so it has to be management... Someone on here mentioned the preparations in the 6 days between the Dublin games, as the reason why the ''players'' blew a match winning position in the replay and blame it on management. Mind i remind you how these same ''little God's'' blew match winning positions in last year's 2 games against Kerry..Management, the referee and O'Connor/O'Shea clashing heads were to blame. Time for Mayo people to wake up and realise that ,when it comes to winning Sam, their players are good, but not good enough.

Nihilist

Quote from: Shrewdness on September 29, 2015, 11:57:06 AM
I agree that this thread can reach 100 pages. Us Rossies are surely capable of contributing at least 50 pages to it!!

Posting the same thing twice is a good help..

ck

Can any Mayo people tell us what the issues with the two lads where? Why are the players against them? Is it just basic incompetence?
Indirectly I have heard that a number of players questioned their commitment as Connelly wasn't always there due to work?

Player power continues it seems. Best thing the two lads can do is resign as soon as

Jinxy

This two manager set-up is a cop-out anyway.
I see the Rossies are doing the same thing now.
Just give it to McStay and let him at it.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Shamrock Shore

Be careful what ye wish for Mayo lads.

County Board could foist Banty or Tommy Tom Carr on ye!

Or Luke Dempsey.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Shrewdness on September 29, 2015, 11:56:15 AM
I agree that this thread can reach 100 pages. Us Rossies are surely capable of contributing at least 50 pages to it!!....Imo, the Mayo players have been built up as ''little God's'' by the Mayo Gaa public and can do no wrong.. These people and players seem to think that they have a God given right to win Sam, and can't understand why it's not happening. It can't be their '' little God's'' fault, so it has to be management... Someone on here mentioned the preparations in the 6 days between the Dublin games, as the reason why the ''players'' blew a match winning position in the replay and blame it on management. Mind i remind you how these same ''little God's'' blew match winning positions in last year's 2 games against Kerry..Management, the referee and O'Connor/O'Shea clashing heads were to blame. Time for Mayo people to wake up and realise that ,when it comes to winning Sam, their players are good, but not good enough.
Arra, come of it, shrewdy. You've  neck like a jockey's undercarriage. :D
'bout a week ago, you were moaning about us Mayos moving in on your patch when we were just trying to sort out your managerial problems and you wanted us to mind our own business. Now what's sauce for the goose is surely sauce for the gander and all that sort of thing.  How the hell do you know what's needed to win Sam since you are never likely to find out!!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Rudi

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 29, 2015, 01:23:55 PM
[carriage. :D
'.  How the hell do you know what's needed to win Sam since you are never likely to find out!!

Our 2 counties have a lot in common so ;D - Mayo's ship has sailed again. All the Rossies can breath easier, we can handle not winning Sam knowing yee shower will never win it either. :'( ;D

All banter aside, it was a bit of a cozy cartel with county board & Mayo senior management, I feel the players were correct to air their grievances. No point the players bursting their balls if they don't believe in the system they are in.

highorlow

If Ross don't win next years Connacht title after all of this they may aswell give up and sell the bus while they are at it.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Chimley on September 29, 2015, 08:58:49 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 29, 2015, 07:54:58 AM
Why are the Mayo fans and players blaming their management team throughout this?

They were in a winning position with 15 minutes to go when their player's bottle collapsed. Not much their managers can do when Cillian O'Connor fails to track a runner back or Cafferkey shows Brogan down the inside of him, when Keegan fluffs a free shot from 20 yards out or when Hennelly pussies out of  60/40 ball in his favour.

To be honest it probably says a lot about the character of the players and why they haven't won an All Ireland in that time period. When you're in those winning positions with not long left on the clock, a manager can't do it for you.

If you ask why did Mayo collapse in the last 15 minutes then the answer may lie in the prearations during the 6 day turnaround. The responsibility for how the team were prepared lies with management.

They collapsed because the players made unforgivable individual mistakes.

macdanger2

PP odds on the next Mayo manager:

Horan 6/4
Rochford 5/2
Buckley 6/1
Maughan 13/2
Nallen 7/1
Ford 8/1
McGuinness 9/1
J O'Connor 10/1
McGarry 12/1
Gilvarry 14/1
Canavan 20/1
L McHale 25/1
Niall Heffernan 25/1
Eamon O'Hara 33/1
It continues to get even more ludicrous as you go further down the odds.......

GalwayBayBoy

Cant beat a good off-season putsch against a management team. One of the signs winter is coming.