IMPORTANT! - GAA forum to split

Started by GAAboardmod1, April 01, 2010, 06:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAAboardmod1

Hi all,

After consultation between the mods and admin, we have taken the decision to close the main GAA forum and instead create 32 separate GAA sub-forums, one for each county.

This decision was not taken lightly, but it's in the best interests of everybody concerned with the GAA. We are expecting a very tough summer ahead and we feel this is the best way to combat this. The rules will remain the same across all county forums, with one exception.

All posters will only be allowed to read and post in their own county forum. So for example if a poster is from Kerry, that person will only have access to the Kerry GAA forum. If said poster tries to access the Dublin GAA forum he or she will be dealt with by the mods in due course. The type of punishment is still under review but may involve public humiliation.

We understand that this will mean our loyal posters from places like Silgo and Tyrone may find it difficult since their forum may not be particularly busy, but it is the only way to ensure things don't get out of hand in the future. We are looking to keep any type of inter-county debates to an absolute minimum and we feel this is the best option we have.

The process of assigning posters to each subforum will begin tomorrow morning

Regards,

The GAA mod team

Celt_Man

Funny this coming out with the day that's in it...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Puckoon

pintsofguinness

Why would anyone try to access the Dublin gaa forum  ???
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

T Fearon

There are a few people on this baord who need to be sectioned alright, but this is going just a mite too far ;D

magickingdom

but i like talking to tyrone people...

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Celt_Man on April 01, 2010, 06:52:16 PM
Funny this coming out with the day that's in it...

That's what I thought as well.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mac hinery

Here, does the grandparent rule apply?  and if you move house to another county can you get a transfer from county forum to county forum.  Can you also set up North Derry and South Derry forums but allow passage between North Derry and South Derry dual clubs into a hurling sub section and then can you have club forums set up as sub sections within each of the North South Derry forums.  Might need some more categories, I'll get back to you.

I knew there was something else.  Can you set separate out the Swatragh club into hurling and football sections and under no circumstances allow any movement between these two sections.

ha ha derry

Quote from: Mac hinery on April 01, 2010, 07:53:07 PM
Here, does the grandparent rule apply?  and if you move house to another county can you get a transfer from county forum to county forum.  Can you also set up North Derry and South Derry forums but allow passage between North Derry and South Derry dual clubs into a hurling sub section and then can you have club forums set up as sub sections within each of the North South Derry forums.  Might need some more categories, I'll get back to you.

:D ;D :D :'(

ha ha derry

Bring in online aptitude tests and publish the results on the board.

ziggysego

Quote from: hardstation on April 01, 2010, 06:54:48 PM
I thought April Fools ended at noon.

Indeed, so the mod is the April fool.
Testing Accessibility

Fear ón Srath Bán

For next year's 1st April word has it that 'parish' is going to be substituted for 'county' on the local board. But say nothing.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...