The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on September 26, 2014, 11:07:34 AM
Quote from: Bingo on September 26, 2014, 11:03:48 AM
Huge game against the bitters this Saturday and I'd say a must win one.

Sturridge missing will be a big blow, badly lost up front without his movement and ability to pull defenders and then run at them. Mario is just a different type of player and isn't playing that type of run. Plus I think he isn't as decisive as sturridge or other players are, he takes time to decide and players haven't settled into that yet. He takes an extra touch that is slowing the players down.

I'd like to see two up top, as Everton are there to be got at. On recent form, this could be 4-4, so I'll say a 0-0.

Aww fuckity f**k...why did I think this was on Sunday.
I'm going to miss the first half.

Well, you'll see more than I will! Will be watching it on livescore app from the side of a football pitch.

The talk is that Lucas will be playing the holding role and Gerard is going to play further forward in the No.10 role. Bold move but not unwarranted as Geard hasn't played well in the holding role and coutinho has struggled at 10.

deiseach

It's great that it's on early. Get it over with and get on with my weekend.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Bingo on September 26, 2014, 11:16:46 AM

Sturridge missing will be a big blow, badly lost up front without his movement and ability to pull defenders and then run at them. Mario is just a different type of player and isn't playing that type of run. Plus I think he isn't as decisive as sturridge or other players are, he takes time to decide and players haven't settled into that yet. He takes an extra touch that is slowing the players down.

I'd like to see two up top, as Everton are there to be got at. On recent form, this could be 4-4, so I'll say a 0-0.

Well, you'll see more than I will! Will be watching it on livescore app from the side of a football pitch.

The talk is that Lucas will be playing the holding role and Gerard is going to play further forward in the No.10 role. Bold move but not unwarranted as Geard hasn't played well in the holding role and coutinho has struggled at 10.

Ditto,  you're not heading up to the Moy tournament by any chance?  Reckon that the Bitters will get a win here,  really not looking forward to it.  Liverpool not playing well at all.  Maybe the fact that it is a derby they will kick into gear but I can't see it.

On an aside, did anyone see Ilori last night for Bordeaux,  picked up a nice wee goal.  I reckon he will be a serious defender when he comes back next season and will replace Toure in the squad. 

deiseach

Yeah, Everton's number has to come up at Anfield at some point. Away win.

Bingo

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 26, 2014, 11:28:49 AM

Ditto,  you're not heading up to the Moy tournament by any chance?  Reckon that the Bitters will get a win here,  really not looking forward to it.  Liverpool not playing well at all.  Maybe the fact that it is a derby they will kick into gear but I can't see it.

On an aside, did anyone see Ilori last night for Bordeaux,  picked up a nice wee goal.  I reckon he will be a serious defender when he comes back next season and will replace Toure in the squad.

Not for the Moy, we've a double Intermediate semi double in the field, so will in a high vis vest for the day. You might know one of the teams involved, Corduff?  ;)

Not looking forward to it either, long time since they got a win and they due one. Liverpool really struggling for form, not that Everton are much better, but they could well nick it.

Ilori playing at a decent standard, which is important. Was listening to one of the podcasts on Liverpool last week and they were discussed the likes of Ilori and now hard it is for a young CB to make a break through at a club like Liverpool. CB is the one position that a mistake is magnified x10 and it takes a real brave manager to give a young CB a run of games and the only way that a young cb will learn is with a run of games. Carra was on the podcast and said that he was lucky to get two seasons at left/right back and he learned the ropes and made his mistakes out of glare of been a CB. Carra said the only way for Ilori is to do this as been 4th choice at Liverpool could mean 2/3 starts a year. Wisdom was the same. He said that Coates, outside of been injured, has lost 2 years of his career at Liverpool.
Carra made the point that Liverpool have wasted funds on signing Coates and Ilori to a certain extent, as there was lads in the academy who could have done the role they have in recent years. Basically signing a 4th choice CB who isn't going to play is folly but given the current rush in the game to save money in the future by signing up potential stars now, its another sad way that the game has gone.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Bingo on September 26, 2014, 11:46:31 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 26, 2014, 11:28:49 AM

Not for the Moy, we've a double Intermediate semi double in the field, so will in a high vis vest for the day. You might know one of the teams involved, Corduff?  ;)

Not looking forward to it either, long time since they got a win and they due one. Liverpool really struggling for form, not that Everton are much better, but they could well nick it.

Ilori playing at a decent standard, which is important. Was listening to one of the podcasts on Liverpool last week and they were discussed the likes of Ilori and now hard it is for a young CB to make a break through at a club like Liverpool. CB is the one position that a mistake is magnified x10 and it takes a real brave manager to give a young CB a run of games and the only way that a young cb will learn is with a run of games. Carra was on the podcast and said that he was lucky to get two seasons at left/right back and he learned the ropes and made his mistakes out of glare of been a CB. Carra said the only way for Ilori is to do this as been 4th choice at Liverpool could mean 2/3 starts a year. Wisdom was the same. He said that Coates, outside of been injured, has lost 2 years of his career at Liverpool.
Carra made the point that Liverpool have wasted funds on signing Coates and Ilori to a certain extent, as there was lads in the academy who could have done the role they have in recent years. Basically signing a 4th choice CB who isn't going to play is folly but given the current rush in the game to save money in the future by signing up potential stars now, its another sad way that the game has gone.
And the rest...

blewuporstuffed

I fancy Mario to geta  goal on saturday.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

supersub

Where did you hear this? Sooner Can is back the better. Sort of what I was getting at with moving SG forward as he is not performing and won't be dropped.

Bingo

Quote from: supersub on September 26, 2014, 01:32:38 PM

Where did you hear this? Sooner Can is back the better. Sort of what I was getting at with moving SG forward as he is not performing and won't be dropped.

My cousins in Liverpool  ;)

blewuporstuffed

Marios new hairstyle for the weekend

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

GJL

Carmen Stateside

Fancy him to get one this morning. Probably be an equalizer but.  Both teams have been poor at the back so far this season so i would expect a few goals.  Hoping the derby can bring some intensity back to the Redmens play.

Carmen Stateside