30 (19.1%)
No - Typical Nordies causing mischief as usual
21 (13.4%)
Should not have to. GAA HQ should already have called a replay
106 (67.5%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: January 26, 2023, 11:37:12 AM

Wildweasel74

Why would any of the Glen players be talking to you Lenny? Obvious from what u post on here u no time for them. Glen will not refuse a replay and will turn up for one.

pjm

Quote from: JoG2 on January 26, 2023, 05:25:10 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on January 26, 2023, 05:09:49 PM
I hear that Crokes have told Croke park that they will hand the trophy and title to An Glen if they will accept it.

Great news, wonder will some of the Glen team be able to take it with them on the stag do next week? Could push them over the luggage weight limit.. Another handlin to sort
Are they off to Boston?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 26, 2023, 09:05:51 PM
Given there was 2 subs in additional time. Should the ref have played another minute after the 3 mins? One for you perhaps MR2

For me it's down to how long that takes to get them off, injury time was 3 minutes, he played nearly 4 minutes or over?

Personally I hate time wasting, I lift my hand show I'm stopping the watch and then start it. Slow kick outs you can't add it's meant to be a yellow card for deliberately delaying.

From watching it at the time I personally felt 4/5 minutes would be plenty, 3 was a bit short for that.

But it's down to each ref. The ref could have saved himself and allowed the subs after the 45, as no one can come on without permission
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Wildweasel74

In the rulebook, it doesn't matter who was at fault, Either team, managers, ref etc, just the penalties for the infraction. KC response of it wasn't our fault  in a appeal will cut zero mustard according to the rulebook.

lenny

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 26, 2023, 09:16:01 PM
Why would any of the Glen players be talking to you Lenny? Obvious from what u post on here u no time for them. Glen will not refuse a replay and will turn up for one.

I have never once criticised the Glen club until the last couple of days and I've supported them all the way in Ulster and All Ireland. Show me one single post where I've criticised them.

Eire90

Quote from: Lotto on January 26, 2023, 08:28:27 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on January 26, 2023, 08:02:05 PM
talks of maybe replay on st.Patricks day.

From who?

some guy on the ourgame podcast maybe  just his opinion.

seafoid

So this could drag on for some time. Did the ref refuse Watty's a second go at the 45 featuring 15 aside ?

As Mencken observed, for every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

thebuzz

Quote from: trailer on January 26, 2023, 02:32:12 PM
Quote from: ClubScene13 on January 26, 2023, 02:19:18 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 26, 2023, 02:13:24 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 26, 2023, 01:45:38 PM
Yeah right, just another Muppet running around under dual accounts.

Who you calling a muppet? Catch yerself on.

Watch yourself Weasel, your man is the biggest slabber on this thing but you daren't say a word or you get reported.

49 posts...

What's 49 posts got to do with anything? The poster has been on here for six months which is long enough to form an opinion about such things.

Milltown Row2

So McEntee got two yellows and stayed on the pitch and Cross won the final.. but I suppose that was before Twitter
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SaffronSports

I was at the Mageean Cup final this year, SLG and St Killians. SLG were three ahead and St Killians had a free or a 65 on the blow, SLG made a sub and the player never went off. Came to nothing, whistle blew, SLG fans ran on the field and then the ref had to clear the field as he was blowing because he wanted it retaken. Retake happened and again came to nothing and SLG won.

Malachy O Rourke said he realised at the time and asked for a retake but the officials ignored it. That's inexcusable.

Also, Dara Mullin, I'm not buying he didn't know he was to come off. He stayed on and Kilmacud had 16 on so it's a clear breach.

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 26, 2023, 11:21:47 PM
So McEntee got two yellows and stayed on the pitch and Cross won the final.. but I suppose that was before Twitter

A player is only obliged to leave the field of play when they receive a red card. I think as a ref you know that.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

PMG1

What's the chances of Glenn being invited to the kilmacud sevens this July like all the other county champions?

seafoid

If KC play hardball the GAA will be in a difficult position. It's their rule book.
They might have to respond. Teams play in Croke Park on the understanding that they follow the rules.

seafoid

Quote from: SaffronSports on January 26, 2023, 11:43:45 PM
I was at the Mageean Cup final this year, SLG and St Killians. SLG were three ahead and St Killians had a free or a 65 on the blow, SLG made a sub and the player never went off. Came to nothing, whistle blew, SLG fans ran on the field and then the ref had to clear the field as he was blowing because he wanted it retaken. Retake happened and again came to nothing and SLG won.

Malachy O Rourke said he realised at the time and asked for a retake but the officials ignored it. That's inexcusable.

Also, Dara Mullin, I'm not buying he didn't know he was to come off. He stayed on and Kilmacud had 16 on so it's a clear breach.
That decision to ignore Malachy O'Rourke was a huge mistake. The GAA has been in crisis mode and all over the media all week as a result of it.
The irony is is that a replayed 45 with 15 versus 15 might have resulted in nothing. The whole situation is insane.

lenny

Quote from: seafoid on January 27, 2023, 07:00:14 AM
Quote from: SaffronSports on January 26, 2023, 11:43:45 PM

That decision to ignore Malachy O'Rourke was a huge mistake. The GAA has been in crisis mode and all over the media all week as a result of it.
The irony is is that a replayed 45 with 15 versus 15 might have resulted in nothing. The whole situation is insane.

Malachy also said that Glen would accept the result and I'm pretty certain they still will. I think they just want the moral high ground and to be told they're entitled to a replay. I still think the rules are ambiguous and crokes could be given a fine. Despite what people have said here a fine is still an option for this minor transgression particularly since the main fault is unfortunately with the officials.