30 (19.1%)
No - Typical Nordies causing mischief as usual
21 (13.4%)
Should not have to. GAA HQ should already have called a replay
106 (67.5%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: January 26, 2023, 11:37:12 AM

Wildweasel74

Yeah, they spend all that money for nothing, GAA will call a replay, Glen will turn up, Crokes don't, and I then fine them as standard, for not full filling a fixture. GAA played Leinster Finals, semi at Croke Park when they could been played elsewhere in Leinster. Big clubs seem to do what they want, and the GAA hoped Glen just disappear, and continue as normal. Just like all the sending off's which occur, and men get off cause our Gareth Brooks GAA fans/high brass are counting the money and not addressing the rule book which needed addressed as far back as, 2004 after The Westmeath midfielder took out a court injunction to play against Derry.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: CK_Redhand on January 26, 2023, 12:57:32 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 26, 2023, 11:35:35 AM
Quote from: trailer on January 26, 2023, 11:00:38 AM
What is the contingency if the GAA order a replay and KC tell them to go f**k themselves? (Which I think they will)

Some interesting views but if KC say they won't turn up and Glen do it will look wild for the GAA and Glen. Just imagine how it will look. Mostly likely is Glen refuse to replay it as well, claiming a moral victory and at least it doesn't look like a massive dose of sour grapes from Glen. If Glen really want to win it this way, (which I don't think they do) then KC should put the Cup on the bus and send it up to them.
Did trailer forget to switch accounts or why is he quoting himself? There was another tyrone poster fond of using sock puppet accounts recently.

;D

Milltown Row2

It might be normal for you but to the average club player playing in Croke Park is the holy grail, you can keep all those pitches for league or semis even .. but everyone wants to play there.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

shark

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 26, 2023, 06:57:57 PM
Yeah, they spend all that money for nothing, GAA will call a replay, Glen will turn up, Crokes don't, and I then fine them as standard, for not full filling a fixture. GAA played Leinster Finals, semi at Croke Park when they could been played elsewhere in Leinster. Big clubs seem to do what they want, and the GAA hoped Glen just disappear, and continue as normal. Just like all the sending off's which occur, and men get off cause our Gareth Brooks GAA fabs/high brass are counting the money and not addressing the rule book which needed addressed as far back as, 2004 after The Westmeath midfielder took out a court injunction to play against Derry.

Laois. He played the quarter against Derry subsequently. But played in the Leinster final too.

thewobbler

I kind of hope Crokes refuse a replay.

It'll be interesting then to see the reaction of those who've has spent the past 4 days squealing about the integrity of the game, and how KC cheated to win, and how if rule breakers aren't punished, the game is ruined, and how the top brass of GAA are a sham and a disgrace.

Will they declare such an outcome a success?

seafoid

Quote from: thewobbler on January 26, 2023, 07:27:55 PM

It'll be interesting then to see the reaction of those who've has spent the past 4 days squealing about the integrity of the game, and how KC cheated to win, and how if rule breakers aren't punished, the game is ruined, and how the top brass of GAA are a sham and a disgrace.

That would be bullshit from Crokes if it did happen. Enoch Burke could be the 16th man in their next match.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Spiritof86

Quote from: seafoid on January 26, 2023, 07:30:58 PM

That would be bullshit from Crokes if it did happen. Enoch Burke could be the 16th man in their next match.

Enoch Burke .... How original of you 😂

lenny

I'd say Glen will refuse a replay first. I haven't talked to any of their players but that's what I'm hearing. If by chance they did take a replay I'd be very confident that crokes would refuse. That's why I think there is zero chance of a replay.

Eire90

talks of maybe replay on st.Patricks day.

pbat

If Glen are offered a reply and refuse surely Kilmacud should still be stripped of the title and 2023 All Ireland Club Champions declared as null and void.

Lotto

seafoid

This is senior hurling

Replay may be some way off as Kilmacud prepare to play hardball

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2023/01/26/replay-may-be-someway-off-as-kilmacud-prepare-to-play-hardball/
Even if the decision to replay the All-Ireland club final is taken, finding a date will prove problematic

Seán Moran
Thu Jan 26 2023 - 18:14

By Thursday afternoon, there was still no word from Kilmacud as to what the club's response would be to Glen's objection to the outcome of Sunday's All-Ireland club football final.

There have been plenty of rumours and informed speculation that within the club there is a hard-line view that no replay should be entertained. Of course, no decision on that can be taken until Kilmacud convey their response to the Croke Park's Central Competitions Control Committee.

As the CCCC wait, there are a number of complications. Clearly the most straightforward resolution would be for the club to go quietly and accept the rationale for a replay.

Even in those circumstances, finding a date isn't easy. There was no replay date set because Sunday's final was designated, "winner on the day". The Allianz Football League starts on Saturday and players from both clubs might expect to have an involvement with their counties.

Although Dublin and Derry play on the same day for the opening two weekends of the league, four of their next six matches are on different dates, making it difficult to slot the replay in on a Saturday or Sunday.

The Saturday of the blank football weekend on February 11th and 12th is also the date for Glen centrefielder Emmett Bradley's wedding. The next blank weekend for the NFL is a month later, March 11th and 12th.

Finding a day that everyone can live with shouldn't be beyond the CCCC but the date mightn't be as far away from the traditional club finals' spot in the calendar of St Patrick's Day as initial joking suggested.

If Kilmacud resist the proposed sanction of replay, have they any realistic remedy? After all, the 16 men were broadcast live in all their supernumerary splendour.

There were two substitutions being made and set in motion in the 63rd minute as Danny Tallon was lining up the 45. The linesman, standing on the field, can be seen raising his flag to signify the first substitution and referee Derek O'Mahoney halts play for Tom Fox to come in for Paul Mannion, who on being informed, sticks out his hand and leaves.

The second arrival, Conor Casey then comes in but play resumes as he reaches front of the goal – with Dara Mullin, who he's replacing, still standing on the goal-line where he took up position.

16th man Kilmacud
Kilmacud had 16 players on the pitch in the closing stages of their All-Ireland club football final win over Glen on Sunday
An argument from some in the club is that they were conducting a substitution when the referee played on and whistled for the 45.

A protest from Glen that the kick should be retaken in the immediate aftermath also fell on deaf ears.

Does the question come down to intent? If a team ends up with too many players on the field, is it an infraction of strict liability: they either have or have not? Or might it become a part of the "circumstances" considered when imposing a penalty under Rule 6.44?

It may be reasonably argued that it is the substituting team's responsibility to conduct the process properly but precedent has generally involved mistakes, such as sending in too many substitutes or trying retrospectively to categorise one or more as blood subs, rather than the act of replacement itself.

It is established that a referee's mistake is not grounds for overturning a result. In the 2005 DRA case between Limerick county board and Fr Casey's, it was found:

"How an error at any particular stage in a game will affect the outcome is something of an imponderable, and the fact that injustice will occasionally result from a blanket protection of referees' decisions is a consequence that must be borne by all. It is the lesser evil."

Were this to apply to 6.44, it would make many challenges in situations like this redundant and the rule's clear meaning puts responsibility on the team making the switch. There is, however, room for argument.

Any potential replay may not require floodlights
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

JoG2

What is 'informed speculation' when it's at home?  ???

Milltown Row2

I wonder did both Chairmen have an informal chat about things?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Walter Cronc

Given there was 2 subs in additional time. Should the ref have played another minute after the 3 mins? One for you perhaps MR2