FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Started by laoislad, April 01, 2022, 06:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Dag Dog on December 05, 2022, 10:15:20 PM
Brazil reminded me of Tipperary at their worst when it comes to rubbing an opponent's nose in it!
Awful hoors
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

thewobbler

Why do so many people get upset at paid entertainers having some fun?

Milltown Row2

England will be playing the first team this tournament that actually has real pedigree, they haven't been behind and have really enjoyed a charmed life, even the USA game while playing crap they were still for large parts in control.

The real pressure will be on next day out and Gareth will tighten things up and you are looking at penalties
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 06, 2022, 09:18:53 AM
England will be playing the first team this tournament that actually has real pedigree, they haven't been behind and have really enjoyed a charmed life, even the USA game while playing crap they were still for large parts in control.

The real pressure will be on next day out and Gareth will tighten things up and you are looking at penalties
5 at the back with 2 cdms. If not then Mbappe and Co will tear Maguire a new one.

Captain Scarlet

It's absolutely hilarious when the English pundits are dismissing lads with Champions League titkes, World Cups and titles from the big leagues and yet Mason Mount is borderline world class.

Bellingham is class but that French midfield is really underrated. Griezmann dropping deep is doing brilliantly too.
Southgate will need to go more defensive.

As for Brazil. What harm having a bit of craic.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

thewobbler

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on December 06, 2022, 09:41:16 AM
It's absolutely hilarious when the English pundits are dismissing lads with Champions League titkes, World Cups and titles from the big leagues and yet Mason Mount is borderline world class.

Bellingham is class but that French midfield is really underrated. Griezmann dropping deep is doing brilliantly too.
Southgate will need to go more defensive.

As for Brazil. What harm having a bit of craic.

It's also absolutely hilarious that although France are perhaps the only country to have had an easier passage to the quarter finals than England, and have even managed to lose a game en route, Irish lads are now queuing up to talk about how good the French are, while dismissing England as cloggers.

There is nothing between these sides in terms of ability. The big difference is management. Deschamps would seem to instil pride that trumps all else when players pull on the French jersey. Southgate is still absolutely confused about his best team, tactics and formation, and is still dreaming up ways to get as many right backs onto the field as possible. It's actually a credit to the English players that they compete in every major tournament despite him.

AustinPowers

Frig but  I'm sick of the English pundits blowing about  them already.   I hope they  are absolutely stuffed on Saturday.

I honestly couldn't give a fiddlers who wins it after that  as long as  they go out on Saturday

Ethan Tremblay

Eng v France is 50/50 in my book.  That English back line coming up against world class opposition (across the pitch, not strictly individuals) for the first time will be good acid test for them, as they have it all going forward and are well balanced in the middle of the pitch. 

Maguire has been grand for them so far, but I think he will be seen as the weak link and players will be told to run at him, draw out the mistakes.

I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

imtommygunn

Do they have a viable alternative to Maguire?

RedHand88

Quote from: AustinPowers on December 06, 2022, 09:56:26 AM
Frig but  I'm sick of the English pundits blowing about  them already.   I hope they  are absolutely stuffed on Saturday.

I honestly couldn't give a fiddlers who wins it after that  as long as  they go out on Saturday

Imagine English pundits talking up the England team on a station with a 3/4 English audience. Shocking.

Wouldn't catch RTE at that craic!

RedHand88

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on December 06, 2022, 01:38:47 AM
Indeed there was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zD6MT3P8Vw

Haha that's class. Their mistake was not leaving 1 player in the other half. Then the red team would have been unable to kick off!

Ethan Tremblay

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 06, 2022, 10:16:47 AM

No, it seems to be their weakest area on the squad as a whole, and again, fortunate for them, and area that has not come under heavy siege so far
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

laoislad

Yeah but he's sitting at home watching it on the TV.
Joe Gomez... for all his faults he's a better centre back than Harry the fridge.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

thewobbler

Quote from: laoislad on December 06, 2022, 11:41:50 AM
Yeah but he's sitting at home watching it on the TV.
Joe Gomez... for all his faults he's a better centre back than Harry the fridge.

He's really not.

Gomez looked tidy when VVD was at his imperious best and he had an armchair ride. The decline in Virgil's form has made Gonez's mediocrity rather obvious.

Maguire ain't no £70m defender. But he's clearly better on the ball and better in the air than Gomez. Not sure what Gomez is clearly better at than Maguire.... Apart from managing his weight.