FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Started by laoislad, April 01, 2022, 06:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: weareros on December 03, 2022, 06:45:02 PM
I was about to post that Collins and RTE panel are grinding bores, but that was a good segment on Mac Allisters Irish relatives.

Alexis Mac Allister dad, the most un-Argentine looking person ever.

weareros

La Albiceleste made hard work of that. Lucky there at the end.

CK_Redhand

Some agricultural football almost draws the Aussies level despite a classic Messi performance

Blowitupref

Have a feeling Netherlands v Argentina will be separated by a penalty shootout.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Main Street

I fancy Netherlands to beat Argentina .....  revenge for 1978.
An average Australian  team (but well organised ) was beaten by a single goal and Argentina are celebrating like they just won the semifinal.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Main Street on December 03, 2022, 09:18:46 PM
An average Australian  team (but well organised ) was beaten by a single goal and Argentina are celebrating like they just won the semifinal.

There are a lot of travelling Argentine fans there, and they are driving their team on. They are enjoying the moment. Many thought it was all over a week ago. No Dutch player cares about 1978. I'd say many of them don't even know about 1978.

From the Bunker

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 03, 2022, 09:25:10 PM

There are a lot of travelling Argentine fans there, and they are driving their team on. They are enjoying the moment. Many thought it was all over a week ago. No Dutch player cares about 1978. I'd say many of them don't even know about 1978.

You think that many of the Dutch national team of professional footballers don't know that their counterparts lost a world cup final in 1978?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on December 03, 2022, 09:56:48 PM

You think that many of the Dutch national team of professional footballers don't know that their counterparts lost a world cup final in 1978?

Netherlands beat Argentina in the 1974 World Cup 4-0.  Will the Argentenians be pondering back to that result? Or maybe the Dutch will be thinking of 2014 where they went out on penalties to Argentina?

Jell 0 Biafra

78 was a final though.  Are you seriously suggesting that the current players don't know about that? 

You could just say it was bombast on your part, and you meant 78 wasn't going to be a motivating factor.  That's what I'd say at this point.

Main Street

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 03, 2022, 10:12:00 PM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on December 03, 2022, 09:56:48 PM

Netherlands beat Argentina in the 1974 World Cup 4-0.  Will the Argentenians be pondering back to that result? Or maybe the Dutch will be thinking of 2014 where they went out on penalties to Argentina?
Lighten up  ;D

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on December 03, 2022, 10:14:06 PM
78 was a final though.  Are you seriously suggesting that the current players don't know about that? 

You could just say it was bombast on your part, and you meant 78 wasn't going to be a motivating factor.  That's what I'd say at this point.

I'm saying it is only relevant to the players if they were hurt (themselves as a player) from a previous result. There is no recent relevant rivalry between the two countries.

Anyway, this argument is a perceptive one. Which means this argument could go on with no one proving the other wrong.

You could be right, I could be right..........Do we really care?

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 03, 2022, 10:30:47 PM

I'm saying it is only relevant to the players if they were hurt (themselves as a player) from a previous result. There is no recent relevant rivalry between the two countries.

Anyway, this argument is a perceptive one. Which means this argument could go on with no one proving the other wrong.

Glad to see you took me up on my suggested way out of this.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on December 03, 2022, 11:12:16 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 03, 2022, 10:30:47 PM

Glad to see you took me up on my suggested way out of this.

Glad you care,  ;)

Dougal Maguire

Jesus Christ, some of the discussions on this board are akin to your 7 year old asking' who'd win between Ireland and Manchester United'
Careful now