Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Armagh18

Quote from: oakleaflad on November 28, 2022, 02:30:26 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on November 28, 2022, 12:37:46 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 28, 2022, 11:31:49 AM
3-3 , unbelievable, Jeff
All the African/Arab nations seem to be really holding their own, bar Qatar all the weaker countries have given a decent account of themselves, I know Costa Rica were tanked by Spain but they followed up by beating Japan.
Costa Rica have looked a poor side. Japan dominated that game in truth. Mentioned on commentary that their goal was their only shot on target in their opening 2 games.

It is good to see a more open World Cup though, the perceived weaker countries have caught up somewhat.
Didn't actually see the Costa Rica Japan game but even so that's some win. Always good to see the weaker teams doing well, Canada have been good to watch and have some talented players even if results didn't go their way.

JPGJOHNNYG

There are a few surprises yes but I'll wait and see who is in the QF and SF games. Cameroon back in 1990 were very close to a SF - that's 32 yrs ago. The African teams haven't really kicked on since then

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on November 28, 2022, 03:45:48 PM
There are a few surprises yes but I'll wait and see who is in the QF and SF games. Cameroon back in 1990 were very close to a SF - that's 32 yrs ago. The African teams haven't really kicked on since then

Will always remember Roger Milla from that tournament and his corner flag celebration. He is 70 years of age now. Didn't realise he was as old as he was playing in the 90 and 94 WC's.

Armagh18

Not as close as Ghana were in 2010 only Suarez robbed them

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on November 28, 2022, 03:52:31 PM

Will always remember Roger Milla from that tournament and his corner flag celebration. He is 70 years of age now. Didn't realise he was as old as he was playing in the 90 and 94 WC's.

He said he was 40 when at the WC not sure how true that was lol. Just looking at the quarter finalist since that great Cameroon team.
36 from UEFA
15 from Conmebol
2 from CAF
2 from Concacf
1 from AFC
That's pretty dire from outside Europe and South america

An Watcher

Ghana were closer to the semi final than Cameroon.  Penalty shoot out.  Costa Rica the same

AustinPowers

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on November 28, 2022, 04:09:58 PM

He said he was 40 when at the WC not sure how true that was lol. Just looking at the quarter finalist since that great Cameroon team.
36 from UEFA
15 from Conmebol
2 from CAF
2 from Concacf
1 from AFC

It would have  been handier if you put a continent . I've no idea what any of those mean

From the Bunker

Seeding in group stages means that it is always an uphill battle for the weaker nations to make the breakthrough. Even if they do get out of the group, they will almost certainly face a top seed in the last 16.

Eire90

ive always felt that the south american and north american confederations should be merged into one dont see it happening tho because it make it harder for the likes of usa and mexico to qualify for world cup even with the increase spots in 2026.

seafoid

The Brazil goal was class.
The world Cup is like a mix of the All Ireland and the Tailteann Cup. 16 and 16
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: AustinPowers on November 28, 2022, 04:44:51 PM

36 from UEFA
15 from Conmebol
2 from CAF
2 from Concacf
1 from AFC

It would have  been handier if you put a continent . I've no idea what any of those mean

Sorry
Europe 36
South America 15
Africa 2
North/Central America 2
Asia 1

Armagh18

Portugal dominating the ball here but Uruguay probably had the better chances. Not a great game hopefully second half picks up.

AustinPowers

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on November 28, 2022, 07:43:44 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on November 28, 2022, 04:44:51 PM

36 from UEFA
15 from Conmebol
2 from CAF
2 from Concacf
1 from AFC

Sorry
Europe 36
South America 15
Africa 2
North/Central America 2
Asia 1

Good man  8)

(I did know uefa though)

Armagh18

Didnt think Ronaldo touched that