FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Started by laoislad, April 01, 2022, 06:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kidder81

Early but Argentina looked brutal, might take a while for some teams to get going (if they get out of their group) most nations have only had a week or so together before the WC

Armagh18

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 22, 2022, 12:13:47 PM
Jeez there's no one we can rely on to beat England!
Brazil, France, Germany, Spain, Holland, Croatia, Denmark, Portugal, Uruguay. Surely someone from that lot will do the business.

Reckon Denmark could do really well, they were impressive at the last Euros and have Eriksen back.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Armagh18

Quote from: Kidder81 on November 22, 2022, 12:19:19 PM
Early but Argentina looked brutal, might take a while for some teams to get going (if they get out of their group) most nations have only had a week or so together before the WC
Yeah thats bound to have an effect.

Argentina should still top the group

Gael80

Argentina were on a good run and there'll always be Messi hype. However in reality South Amercian football isn't the strongest and it'll be shown at a world cup.

This WC will be decided by a mini Euro's at the end of the tournament, my prediction is four European semi finalists again, then it's a lottery from there.

AustinPowers

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 22, 2022, 12:15:01 PM

Brazil still to play. That could well be the final assuming both teams win their group.

You want England out long  before the final

Their route will likely be Senegal or Ecuador , then probably France. But they have Benzema Pogba Kante out. I don't think   France are any big shakes especially without those 3.

I can't  enjoy a tournament until those  backstards are out

Sportacus

I haven't seen those levels of fitness since Liverpool won the league.

toby47

Let's not get carried away. Saudi scored with both of their only 2 shots on target, they only had 3 shots in total.

Argentina had 3 goals disallowed and a shot cleared off the line. And 70% possession.

Saudi done great firing bodies in front of everything to hold out, but you'd think they outplayed Argentina the way some are going on.

The main point, as stated above by someone, there are no overall brilliant teams in the tournament. Hopefully someone can take England out sooner rather than later.

Armagh18

Quote from: Sportacus on November 22, 2022, 12:27:13 PM
I haven't seen those levels of fitness since Liverpool won the league.
Inhalers?

Armagh18

Quote from: Gael80 on November 22, 2022, 12:24:57 PM

Argentina were on a good run and there'll always be Messi hype. However in reality South Amercian football isn't the strongest and it'll be shown at a world cup.

This WC will be decided by a mini Euro's at the end of the tournament, my prediction is four European semi finalists again, then it's a lottery from there.
Brazil have a serious attack wouldn't bet against them. No one really stands out though and there are always shocks.

laoislad

Manchester United have just bid €5 billion for entire Saudi squad.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

seafoid

Quote from: AustinPowers on November 22, 2022, 12:26:02 PM

Brazil still to play. That could well be the final assuming both teams win their group.

Their route will likely be Senegal or Ecuador , then probably France. But they have Benzema Pogba Kante out. I don't think   France are any big shakes especially without those 3.

Why do you hate France ?

AustinPowers

Quote from: seafoid on November 22, 2022, 12:32:05 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on November 22, 2022, 12:26:02 PM

Why do you hate France ?

I'm talking about  England.

seafoid

Argentina haven't won the World Cup since 1986. It's a long time ago.  Since then France have won 2