FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Started by laoislad, April 01, 2022, 06:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

When the game was won at 2-0 Ecuador were more interested in not getting anymore knocks, Yellows and not huffing the host nation.

JoG2

Quote from: laoislad on November 20, 2022, 06:09:51 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 20, 2022, 05:48:53 PM
Some meaty Challenges, but still, some lads get a touch and go down as if they shot. Wonder how many could cut it at Gaelic football.
Sure there have been Gaelic Footballers who fall like they've been shot when someone ruffled their hair...

And it made the headlines, in soccer it's part of the culture now unfortunately

mrdeeds

Quote from: JoG2 on November 20, 2022, 07:37:36 PM
Some meaty Challenges, but still, some lads get a touch and go down as if they shot. Wonder how many could cut it at Gaelic football.
Sure there have been Gaelic Footballers who fall like they've been shot when someone ruffled their hair...

It's part of GAA now. See it every game.

nrico2006

Quote from: mrdeeds on November 20, 2022, 07:50:11 PM

It's part of GAA now. See it every game.

Been part of it for a long time at this stage.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

lenny

That particular dive/simulation would still make headlines in either sport. Still the worst piece of cheating I've seen on a GAA pitch

Milltown Row2

If a ref falls for diving then it's fucked
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AustinPowers

Can someone please tell me why Ecuador had that goal  ruled out?

I've watched it  numerous times and I still  can't work it out.  Commentators didn't question it . So am I just thick or  was it  the decision correct?

Wildweasel74

Learn some new about the off side rule today, actually need read the rule book, nearly as hard as keeping up with gaa rule book.

trailer

Quote from: AustinPowers on November 20, 2022, 11:28:54 PM
Can someone please tell me why Ecuador had that goal  ruled out?

I've watched it  numerous times and I still  can't work it out.  Commentators didn't question it . So am I just thick or  was it  the decision correct?

Needs to be two defenders between the attacker and the goal line. Usually one is goalie but in this instance the Qatar keeper had went on a sortie so the defender became the last man.

Pub Bore

European teams back down on wearing "One Love" armband.  Fairly embarrassing. It seems the threat of a yellow card is enough to kick human rights into touch.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Pub Bore on November 21, 2022, 11:39:33 AM
European teams back down on wearing "One Love" armband.  Fairly embarrassing. It seems the threat of a yellow card is enough to kick human rights into touch.

Should all play in drag outfits and wear make up for the craic
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Just the latest in a long line of climb downs over this world cup.

Get it played and out of the way and move on.

Armagh18

Was always gonna happen.

Man Marker

when your invited to spend time in your hosts home, respect their culture or respectful decline. They are entitled to their culture based on their religious values as we are to ours.