FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Started by laoislad, April 01, 2022, 06:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

I hope they do well.  Tournament is always much better if the hosts get through a few rounds

Jell 0 Biafra

Wouldn't fancy reffing one of their games all the same.

Wildweasel74

They a poor team, not win a game think but this hot weather, its hard to tell, only European teams I think do well is, Portugal or Spain where the weather is hot.

GAABoardMod5

Checking the schedule there and I see a game that I thought would get more attention: 

Monday 21 Nov  ENG v IRA

seafoid

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on November 18, 2022, 09:56:28 PM
Quote from: The Trap on November 18, 2022, 09:47:51 PM
Will Qatar buy a result on Sunday against Equador?

I hope they get thumped
They have been training together for several months. Nobody else has. This year's winter tournament is like a blend between a major football gig and the O'Byrne cup.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

michaelg

Quote from: seafoid on November 19, 2022, 08:12:21 AM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on November 18, 2022, 09:56:28 PM
Quote from: The Trap on November 18, 2022, 09:47:51 PM
Will Qatar buy a result on Sunday against Equador?

I hope they get thumped
They have been training together for several months. Nobody else has. This year's winter tournament is like a blend between a major football gig and the O'Byrne cup.
They got beat by Linfield.

johnnycool

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on November 19, 2022, 03:45:34 AM
Checking the schedule there and I see a game that I thought would get more attention: 

Monday 21 Nov  ENG v IRA

Gerry Adams on Twitter is well onto that one.  ;D

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 19, 2022, 12:10:28 AM
They a poor team, not win a game think but this hot weather, its hard to tell, only European teams I think do well is, Portugal or Spain where the weather is hot.

It will be the usual 6 European teams and Argentina and Brazil in the QF you may get one other team instead. It makes a mockery of the WC every time they keep expanding the tournament, more pub teams get in.  It is getting expanded to 48 soon and only about 15 euro positions - a joke. They should get about 25 based on rankings. I have said it before world qualifying would allow the best teams to actually qualify instead of the current farce.

JPGJOHNNYG

I see infantino has been making a fool of himself today with his Qatar defense. Must be trying to out do platini and blatter.

shark

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on November 19, 2022, 11:12:12 AM

It will be the usual 6 European teams and Argentina and Brazil in the QF you may get one other team instead. It makes a mockery of the WC every time they keep expanding the tournament, more pub teams get in.  It is getting expanded to 48 soon and only about 15 euro positions - a joke. They should get about 25 based on rankings. I have said it before world qualifying would allow the best teams to actually qualify instead of the current farce.

Yep. 2026 group stages will be awful. While 5 of the top 30 teams sit back in Europe twiddling their thumbs.

Kidder81

Those pub teams federations give excellent bribes though to the FIFA Executive Committee 

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Kidder81 on November 19, 2022, 11:32:43 AM

Those pub teams federations give excellent bribes though to the FIFA Executive Committee

Probably true. UEFA must surely have enough clout though to fight for their own teams so why don't they?

nrico2006

Always thought the same. Having representation from all corners of the world is more important than having the best teams there.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'