?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

roger99

Quote from: JoG2 on April 15, 2023, 10:37:10 PM
Quote from: honthecounty on April 15, 2023, 09:56:07 PM
Easy enough win today they couldn't deal with the movement of Derry. As weird an atmosphere for an ulster championship game as I can remember outside and inside the ground - felt nothing more than a league game there was no buzz about it at all. Building

It was. Fermanagh really needed to bring the war to Derry today and outside of a few, the Cullens (serious warriors), Jones and Kelm. Those guys put in a serious shift. McGuigan will be sore tomorrow. But Fermanagh needed the rest of the team to step up the way these boys did, play right on the edge, fight for everything ie championship football.
2 weeks time will be day and night compared to today. We need to keep everyone fit. McFaul performed at training like he's never been away apparently. Be interesting to see what game time, if any he gets next time out.
Some fine performances today, but Tad was super, great game

What would you know about McFaul in training ? If he was performing that well he would be in the pitch, its as simple as that!! He's clearly not fit enough.

toby47

Quote from: roger99 on April 18, 2023, 10:23:18 AM
Easy enough win today they couldn't deal with the movement of Derry. As weird an atmosphere for an ulster championship game as I can remember outside and inside the ground - felt nothing more than a league game there was no buzz about it at all. Building

It was. Fermanagh really needed to bring the war to Derry today and outside of a few, the Cullens (serious warriors), Jones and Kelm. Those guys put in a serious shift. McGuigan will be sore tomorrow. But Fermanagh needed the rest of the team to step up the way these boys did, play right on the edge, fight for everything ie championship football.
2 weeks time will be day and night compared to today. We need to keep everyone fit. McFaul performed at training like he's never been away apparently. Be interesting to see what game time, if any he gets next time out.

What would you know about McFaul in training ? If he was performing that well he would be in the pitch, its as simple as that!! He's clearly not fit enough.

Word is that he has been flying at training. I was talking to one of the players on Sunday and they said it's like he never left, said he's been flying from the first session he joined back.

roger99

Quote from: toby47 on April 18, 2023, 10:45:28 AM

Word is that he has been flying at training, was talking to one of the players and they said it was like he never left when he landed back to the firsts session.

Well why isn't he in the team then ? Anyone can make claims like this about "talking to players". I seen him playing against Bellaghy at the weekend he didn't look too fit to me.

toby47

Quote from: roger99 on April 18, 2023, 10:51:04 AM

Word is that he has been flying at training, was talking to one of the players and they said it was like he never left when he landed back to the firsts session.

Well why isn't he in the team then ? Anyone can make claims like this about "talking to players". I seen him playing against Bellaghy at the weekend he didn't look too fit to me.

Only Gallagher can answer that one, or decide how he wants to use him. Tbf he probably would have gained nothing out of playing him on Saturday Vs Fermanagh. Did he come on vs Bellaghy?

roger99

Quote from: toby47 on April 18, 2023, 10:53:57 AM

Only Gallagher can answer that one, or decide how he wants to use him. Tbf he probably would have gained nothing out of playing him on Saturday Vs Fermanagh. Did he come on vs Bellaghy?

I heard he came on for the last 10 minutes and Kicked 3 wides . Didn't look to be moving that well either.

JoG2

Quote from: roger99 on April 18, 2023, 10:56:35 AM

I heard he came on for the last 10 minutes and Kicked 3 wides . Didn't look to be moving that well either.

You do realise what you've just done there Roger??  ;D

HiMucker

Roger must have been looking at his phone when he hit the 3 wides and heard about it after

toby47

Quote from: JoG2 on April 18, 2023, 11:00:29 AM
Quote from: roger99 on April 18, 2023, 10:56:35 AM

You do realise what you've just done there Roger??  ;D

🤣

Mikhailov

Fair play Roger99,

Man of many talents. Now telling everyone on the Down board that the next 2 weeks will make it break Conor Laverty's managerial legacy.
Meanwhile, he can see McFaul hitting 3 wides in a row and him not even at the game

Silver hill

Roger, I think you've embarrassed yourself enough here. I was at the Glen v Bellaghy game and Ciaran was not togged out and therefore did not kick 3 points. He hurt his quad and that is possibly the reason he didn't feature on Saturday. Trust that clarifies.....

tbrick18

How old is McFaul?
I was surprised he didnt get 10 mins against fermanagh to ease him back in, but if he had an injury that probably explains it.
Would be a big ask to bring him on against Monaghan in a SF as his first game back.

JoG2

Quote from: tbrick18 on April 20, 2023, 11:01:23 AM
How old is McFaul?
I was surprised he didnt get 10 mins against fermanagh to ease him back in, but if he had an injury that probably explains it.
Would be a big ask to bring him on against Monaghan in a SF as his first game back.

Absolutely not, sure he's flying in training, haven't ye heard!  8)

onefineday

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 14, 2023, 06:34:17 PM
Quote from: Rawhide on April 14, 2023, 06:07:01 PM
I would expect to see a few players walk after the weekend if McFaul gets game time. Simply wrong, booted off the panel due to his toxic behaviour and went to the states. What he did there is irrelevant. To make a comparison to the SON situation is funny farm stuff.

Lay off the pills Rawhide. Ciaran soldiered with Derry for years. Great to have him back!
He definitely played through a fair few lean years, but my understanding is that he left of his own volition last year and Gallagher was none too happy about it, understandably. In the circumstances I think his return undermines Gallagher's credibility a touch and has potential for more harm than benefit.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: tbrick18 on April 20, 2023, 11:01:23 AM
How old is McFaul?
He would be 29 this year

honthecounty

Speaking to a young chap in work today - county board off to a stinker with the way they have organised the Neal Carlin cup. The teams in junior must wonder what's the point at times.