Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downtothecore

Martin mc hugh not to impressed with Downs quality writing in todays irish news.

Blackandblue2

Agree with it being a step up and all players neededing to play to their best to beat a strong Armagh side. We dealt well with Donegls kickouts very well, but would worry about the size of Armagh and their kickouts seem to go long alot of the time
Mc Parland intercepted the long ball and flicked it passed the Donegal player, It bounced off the full backs knee and he lost his footing. Mix up but unlucky bounce of the ball. He saved a certain goal when Donegal had a open net so more than made up for it.
I wonder who Armagh will deploy to mark Kerr/ Johnstone/ Pat. Huge match ups if we can win them.

Targetman

Quote from: downtothecore on April 25, 2023, 03:07:44 PM
Martin mc hugh not to impressed with Downs quality writing in todays irish news.
He's a wee bollox!!

Truth hurts

Quote from: downman94 on April 25, 2023, 12:19:04 PM
Did truth hurts fly the plane ;D

I don't criticise specific individuals on this. Despite what some people may claim, I don't like to slate respectable GAA men. Sean og has always gone above and beyond to assist me with a few problems. He is one of the good guys, and its wrong on so many levels to try to pin Down's on-field struggles in previous years on the actions of one man.

downman94

Hopefully we can get a big turnout tonight in armagh

snoopdog

Best of luck to our U20s tonight. Hopefully the journey lasts another few weeks.

Truth hurts

I concur, good luck to all tonight.

supersub

Quote from: 5times5times on April 24, 2023, 08:43:31 PM
Ah wise up with the legal action. Bunch of wet wipes.

What's illegal about it? Nada. Move on

I'd sincerely hope your username is just a coincidence.

ardtole

Great performance by the u20s, they run Derry into the ground in the 2nd half.

SHEEDY

Brilliant result tonight. great performance, especially in the last 20. Great to see a big Down turn out in Armagh. Well done players and management, brilliant stuff 👏
nil satis nisi optimum

Lecale Gael

Brilliant result from Down U20s

Conor Laverty has to be commended for the work he has done this past three years.

Kildare up next who beat Dublin in the Leinster final.

Kerry in the other semi final
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

snoopdog

Superb performance . Well done lads. Derry had no answer once Down got motoring.

Truth hurts

A great boost for Down in Armagh last night. Odhran Murdock and Oisin Savage are different gravy.

Nanderson

Quote from: Truth hurts on April 27, 2023, 08:51:53 AM
A great boost for Down in Armagh last night. Odhran Murdock and Oisin Savage are different gravy.
Indeed. We all know Murdock and Magill will probably play a part in the seniors season once the u20's finish. Will be interesting to see if Laverty starts to blood savage into games this year or if he will wait until next year

toby47

Quote from: Truth hurts on April 27, 2023, 08:51:53 AM

Both were superb!