Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

A true gentleman and gael, rest in peace Liam. Would I be right in saying he was from Derry City originally?

Mr St Galls as good a description as any.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 15, 2023, 03:58:58 PM
Liam Stewart passed away yesterday evening, a person with great vision who along with others brought about some golden era's within the club, chairman during the Ulster club winning team of the 80's through to bringing about the golden generation that went on to win the All Ireland.

As chairman of the club during the troubles we always had a safe place to be, running many summer clubs and trips up the north coast, I'm sure as kids we tested his patience to the full  ;D

Was a recipient of the Presidents award I believe

Father of Karl Stewart who played with distinction for both club and county.

On a personal note he was Mr St Galls and will be missed by many from within and outside of the club

An absolute Gent.

toby47

How many games are played in the Antrim senior league?

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: toby47 on May 16, 2023, 10:48:23 AM
How many games are played in the Antrim senior league?

In division 1 there are 12 games before the split, then another 5 or 6, depending on whether your in top or bottom half
Maybe someone else can clarify if its top 6 bottom 7 or vice versa
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

ck

Yes top 6 I believe. Bottom 7 of which 2 go down.

Hoof Hearted

Moneyglass away game to Creggan switched to Moneyglass
Any idea why ? Not like their pitch to be unplayable
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

country bumpkin

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 16, 2023, 08:00:35 PM

Penalised for events at Clooney.......last home game v Aghagallon will be away as well...suspensions included..

paddyjohn

Quote from: country bumpkin on May 16, 2023, 09:22:50 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 16, 2023, 08:00:35 PM

Penalised for events at Clooney.......last home game v Aghagallon will be away as well...suspensions included..

Good to hear.

Southwestsaffs

Lads, myself and a few like-minded saffron folk had a discussion, we got onto the topic of the 'look good, feel good, play good.' theory.

Opinions on the saffron outfit changing the shorts to mainly saffron with white stripes, instead of white shorts with saffron stripes? Was told there was tension in camp due to this years gear, things said such as 'the training tops are drowning us' or 'how can u call these skinny bottoms?' and its understood players aren't happy with how they look on the pitch in compared to your Derrys or Tyrones.

Is this an issue that needs dealt with? or typical modern day footballer bulls***

marty34

Quote from: Southwestsaffs on May 16, 2023, 10:32:59 PM
Lads, myself and a few like-minded saffron folk had a discussion, we got onto the topic of the 'look good, feel good, play good.' theory.

Opinions on the saffron outfit changing the shorts to mainly saffron with white stripes, instead of white shorts with saffron stripes? Was told there was tension in camp due to this years gear, things said such as 'the training tops are drowning us' or 'how can u call these skinny bottoms?' and its understood players aren't happy with how they look on the pitch in compared to your Derrys or Tyrones.

Is this an issue that needs dealt with? or typical modern day footballer bulls***

Is it not O'Neills gear so I presume it'd be all standard fitting?

Southwestsaffs

Quote from: marty34 on May 16, 2023, 10:35:40 PM

Is it not O'Neills gear so I presume it'd be all standard fitting?

Yes marty, oneills gear.

Saffsof82

Yep definitely a major issue, but pales in comparison to the fact that the grass in not as green in Corrigan as it is in Healy Park or Owenbeg!!

Southwestsaffs

Quote from: Saffsof82 on May 16, 2023, 10:58:08 PM

Yep definitely a major issue, but pales in comparison to the fact that the grass in not as green in Corrigan as it is in Healy Park or Owenbeg!!

Nail on the head 82! Why don't we change the crest too for the boys! Joke.

bannside

Milltown Row2

Insta/FB/Tiktok/snapchat twats
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea