I count 7 across the 3 divisions or are you only referring to Div 1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2023, 12:44:46 PM
Only one 'city' game last night  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Would ye whist on April 27, 2023, 12:50:21 PM

Yes.. I'm guessing framginn is a country man ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

FrMaginn

Interpret the response as you like, but it's going off point.
As players we train our asses off.  When we play matches we get shoulded to the head picking up ball, tackled with closed fists, high tackles around neck, 2 man tackled to ground for us to then get blown up for over carrying etc.  Look I agree some players and managers are completly out of order to referees which is wrong and I won't defend that, they don't deserve the comments they get, just like the Cargin lads didn't deserve what was mentioned last night. But as players we get ridiculed for bad results.  The backlash in this forum after Armagh and the whole Div3 was clear.  Even Andy too.  But yet it seems that as soon as anyone mentions a poor decision/performance after a game by a ref they are bang out of order.  As I said, I don't know the solution but that's my observation whether it's right or wrong

imtommygunn

The 11th commandment. Thou shalt not slag off a ref or MR will jump down your throat  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: FrMaginn on April 27, 2023, 01:11:27 PM

As players we train our asses off.  When we play matches we get shoulded to the head picking up ball, tackled with closed fists, high tackles around neck, 2 man tackled to ground for us to then get blown up for over carrying etc.  Look I agree some players and managers are completly out of order to referees which is wrong and I won't defend that, they don't deserve the comments they get, just like the Cargin lads didn't deserve what was mentioned last night. But as players we get ridiculed for bad results.  The backlash in this forum after Armagh and the whole Div3 was clear.  Even Andy too.  But yet it seems that as soon as anyone mentions a poor decision/performance after a game by a ref they are bang out of order.  As I said, I don't know the solution but that's my observation whether it's right or wrong

You'll not hear me giving off about county teams and the like with regards to performances, no one steps out on to a pitch to perform badly, it happens, even I have a bad day ;D ;D

Taking things to a personal level is different though, you can have constructive criticism or just be a nasty shite and go over the top. I'm generally the only one hear that will debate about the referee's otherwise it would be one way traffic. Or would you prefer it not to be challenged?

Closed fist yellow card by the book, open hand attempt on the ball ok, misses the ball a free, shoulder to the head by the book is a red card, high tackle around the neck is also a yellow depending on how bad it is it can be red.. I'd two of these last night, and typical aggro. This very rarely happens in hurling, why is it so different?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

FrMaginn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2023, 01:45:53 PM

You'll not hear me giving off about county teams and the like with regards to performances, no one steps out on to a pitch to perform badly, it happens, even I have a bad day ;D ;D

Taking things to a personal level is different though, you can have constructive criticism or just be a nasty shite and go over the top. I'm generally the only one hear that will debate about the referee's otherwise it would be one way traffic. Or would you prefer it not to be challenged?

Closed fist yellow card by the book, open hand attempt on the ball ok, misses the ball a free, shoulder to the head by the book is a red card, high tackle around the neck is also a yellow depending on how bad it is it can be red.. I'd two of these last night, and typical aggro. This very rarely happens in hurling, why is it so different?

Debate is healthy if respectful, no one can be right 100% of time.  Everyone of those tackles happened last night and every outcome was over carrying.  I just think the standard has dropped.  How would you say standard has changed in last 5 years?  Or would your take be, you don't see enough as generally are reffing yourself?  I think we can both agree respect has dropped along with the number of actual refs.

High tackles in hurling are very common got, my take is players, especially at County, encourage tackling arms to slide up their body in tackles to that hight and then exaggerate the tackle as unlike football, frees are generally speaking a free shot on goal.  Could be completly wrong.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: FrMaginn on April 27, 2023, 02:18:48 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2023, 01:45:53 PM

Debate is healthy if respectful, no one can be right 100% of time.  Everyone of those tackles happened last night and every outcome was over carrying.  I just think the standard has dropped.  How would you say standard has changed in last 5 years?  Or would your take be, you don't see enough as generally are reffing yourself?  I think we can both agree respect has dropped along with the number of actual refs.

High tackles in hurling are very common got, my take is players, especially at County, encourage tackling arms to slide up their body in tackles to that hight and then exaggerate the tackle as unlike football, frees are generally speaking a free shot on goal.  Could be completly wrong.

The situation you describe is common enough, players can take the ball into a 'challenge' and are held up as such, in some cases the players are trying to slap the ball all good and if the player doesnt release the ball it's overcarrying. If we gave a foul for that we'd be encouraging players to just run into a tackle and win a free.

When the pull at the hands or tackle anything but the ball its a foul or play advantage too see if the player can break the challenge

My take on hurling over football, certainly at senior level is that in most cases they just get on with the hard tackles and don't take it personally, in footballer that players take every tackle like they are slagging their manhood. I leave a football pitch needing some panadol and the hurling game with no tablets  ;D

NatSoSaff

aye but hurling is shite  ;D

Milltown Row2

Aye I know, much prefer the lateral defensive 15 men behind the ball where the goal keeper scores more than attackers  ;D

bannside

Had heard that as well Saffsof82 about Sean Duffin. Was looking out for him after being so impressive last year, heard he was to be captain this year as far as I know but didn't turn up. Ironically, as it turned out his availability would almost certainly got us over the line against Donegal.

imtommygunn

Was O'Neill under 20? I think Hynds was too? A few we were missing.

toby47

Hopefully Ryan Murrays injury isn't as bad as it sounds. Would be a big miss to LD & Antrim.

bannside

No ITG, those two just overage. Sean O Callaghan missed out because of injury, was captain during Leo Murphy league rounds. Decent player too.

imtommygunn

Ah I did wonder. Cheers bs.

paddyjohn

Quote from: bannside on April 27, 2023, 08:58:28 PM
No ITG, those two just overage. Sean O Callaghan missed out because of injury, was captain during Leo Murphy league rounds. Decent player too.

Cracking footballer, I mind his dad playing for Glenravel. Tough defender also.