Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

That was a priceless party pooping equaliser.
Celtic got away with that one, Rangers can't even beat a toothless Celtic at home.

Milltown Row2

Player missed the ball and his dragging foot caught his, as clear a penalty you'll ever get, defender at fault ..

The 'other' one not sure on first look, haven't seen replay other that the straight on angle, to show it actually changed direction, to be fair the players didn't complain too much which is usually a better indicator.

But the ref controlled a difficult tie with no major talking points, the yellow cards were spot on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tonto1888

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 02, 2023, 04:53:43 PM
Player missed the ball and his dragging foot caught his, as clear a penalty you'll ever get, defender at fault ..

The 'other' one not sure on first look, haven't seen replay other that the straight on angle, to show it actually changed direction, to be fair the players didn't complain too much which is usually a better indicator.

But the ref controlled a difficult tie with no major talking points, the yellow cards were spot on

Have to agree with this. Thought theirs was a stone Waller and don't see why we should have had one. Beaton done well also I thought

general_lee

Celtic were flat, subs made huge difference but have to question the original team selection. I suppose in a way it augurs well that they couldn't beat a fairly poor Celtic side and remain 9 points behind. The more I watch the Goldson handball the more blatant it looks. Had that been awarded and converted, that would have been the league over.

Targetman

On today's game a draw was probably as much as we deserved, playing Forrest was strange and backfired and Juranovic's contribution when introduced was very poor, gave the ball away far too often and only for CCV probably would have been beaten, but that aside the Goldson hand ball was as blatant a penalty as your gonna see but yet again not given, still 9 clear so happy enough.

From the Bunker

The draw a good result. Maintaining the 9 point lead a necessity.

Dougal Maguire

Lundstram was well roughed up following a very early clip on his heel from O'Riley. Definitely seemed to have affected him as he wasn't his usual thuggish self. We should could have won the match but were lucky to get the draw although the way it came about made it as good as a win. Maintaining the 9 point gap is a big psychological boost and a killer for them.
Careful now

marty34

Ange, was poor with team selection again. Hard to know why Forrest and JJ came on at left-back instead of Bernabei. Mooy should have started.

Poor from the manager but make a good call on the new right back. Solid game by him.
Team battled on as usual and got the draw. Never gave up.

Starfelt is a serious liability. Even going in for that tackle, and the player going away from goal was crazy. Needs to be asked what his thinking was. He wouldn't inspire confidence. The other lad, Vickers, is a top defender. Really good player.

Harte a liability also. Will get through the SPL ok but in Europe, where they should be pushing on, then standards need to improve dramatically. A lot of average players.

If you were a manager looking at JJ yesterday (although he was playing out of position), you wouldn't pay £1m for him, never mind £10m. Didn't seem interested.

Clear penalty - not sure why lads are saying it wasn't. He put his two hands up and blocked the ball. Simple as.

tyroneman

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 02, 2023, 05:22:10 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 02, 2023, 04:53:43 PM

Have to agree with this. Thought theirs was a stone Waller and don't see why we should have had one. Beaton done well also I thought

Footage showed that Starfelt didn't initiate contact - he slid in, going to ground alright, but missed entirely. Salaka put his foot on top of Starfelts, then when he lost his footing - penalty.

Far, far from 'stonewall'  - can maybe excuse Referee due to speed of the act etc, but yet another 'honest' Var decision that goes against Celtic. Less of a penalty than the basketball being played in their box

Overall Celtic lucky enough to get a draw however.

Main Street

Possibly in slow motion replay there's a question over the penalty, but in real time Salaka had no option to avoid Starfelt who had fully dived in clipping his right peg, a penalty all day long.

About the team selection, Ange had picked a debutante over Juranovic who only came on after Taylor got injured. Why not Bernabei, a shoe in at LB? we don't know that one.

Good that Mooy has stepped up a level since Qatar.

Milltown Row2

Just seen a different angle on the Rangers handball.. Clearly strikes the hand, but his hand is at his face, as in the way you'd put your hands up if the ball was coming towards you, if his hands were above his head and struck them that's a penalty, if your hands are at your face, is that a penalty?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

general_lee

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 03, 2023, 01:48:10 PM
Just seen a different angle on the Rangers handball.. Clearly strikes the hand, but his hand is at his face, as in the way you'd put your hands up if the ball was coming towards you, if his hands were above his head and struck them that's a penalty, if your hands are at your face, is that a penalty?
I actually think on second thought the ref got it right. He's close to the player striking the ball with force, his reaction is a reflex to protect his face and he doesn't make his body unnaturally larger.

illdecide

I know there is a lot of conspiracies atm regarding the Ref's are against Celtic and the Free Masons are at it again. If i'm 100% honest at the time I shout it out too, there's no doubt we have been turned down a few times for penalties and a few times they have went against us but as for Sunday they're 50/50 calls the two major ones that didn't go our way. I can accept the decisions and move on but i think what irking me and a lot of Celtic fans is them decisions would probably have went in the favour of the Blue side of Glasgow had the roles been reversed and the evidenece is there for people to see from the penalties awarded to them over the last number of years.

On the Celtic performances I thought there were too many on the day that were below par, when Taylor went off injured Juranavic replaced him. He's a right back and was carrying a knock as he wasn't fit to start so whay the hell did Ange not put on Bernabai (he obviously didn't trust him in such a big game but I honestly think he'd have done better than JJ). In or around that same time of that switch Harte was acting the bollix and almost gave a goal away for not clearing his lines, this gave them a bit of momentium and they smelt the weakness from our LB and targeted JJ the rest of the game which almost paid off for them. I suppose looking back now they will be seething that they know Celtic were bad on the day and they still couldn't beat them (at home).

I have a bad feeling about GG, he clearly wants to move on and feels Celtic have not rerwarded him for his goals for last season and the new deal offered to him does not reflect this. If Celtic sell him they'd better have someone lined up but this can backfire very quickly. If Kyogo was to get injured and the new forward comes in and hasn't hit the ground running Celtic could be in trouble...They'd better thhink this through but as Ange has said before if they don't wanna be here then you're usually ushered out the door quite swiftly...It'll be an interesting next 4 weeks...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Milltown Row2

It'll be 11 championships in 12 seasons and the conspiracy theories are still going? Seriously  ;D

screenexile

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you!!