FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublin7

At least Ireland didn't lose, but they'll only be 3rd seeds for the world cup draw. Needed to win to get drawn as second seeds.

Does anybody know any genealogy experts with time on their hands during lockdown that could look up family histories for strikers playing in the UK and find an Irish granny or grandad. It's looking like the only way might find someone to play for us who can score a goal.

macdanger2

Very poor but it was a cobbled together team in fairness. Jason Knight MOTM for me

up the rovers

Out of curiosity, that's 11 hours without a goal. Have you or anyone you know sat through all 11 hours? If you have fair play that is serious commitment. Plus you need your head looking at  ;D

ONeill

Quote from: dublin7 on November 18, 2020, 09:46:04 PM
At least Ireland didn't lose, but they'll only be 3rd seeds for the world cup draw. Needed to win to get drawn as second seeds.

Does anybody know any genealogy experts with time on their hands during lockdown that could look up family histories for strikers playing in the UK and find an Irish granny or grandad. It's looking like the only way might find someone to play for us who can score a goal.

It'd be crazy for a team like that to be second seed. Would they score against Gilbraltar?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Baile Brigín 2

You profoundly don't get what is going on, do you?

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: ONeill on November 18, 2020, 10:00:43 PM

It'd be crazy for a team like that to be second seed. Would they score against Gilbraltar?

We aren't that bad. Thats it till March where he hopefully will have those 14 players back and can play a consistent side.

clarshack

Quote from: ONeill on November 18, 2020, 10:00:43 PM

Would maybe scrape a 1-0 against Gibraltar if lucky.

dublin7

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 18, 2020, 10:06:39 PM

Ireland drew 0-0 as far as I can tell it's been about 10 and 1/2 hours since Ireland scored a goal.

This is the same Irish side that scored 3 goals over 2 games in the last campaign against Gibraltar. One of them was an OG and another came in injury time at the end of the game.

Shane Duffy is Ireland's only attacking threat from set pieces as we are lacking creativity in midfield and quality strikers in the forward line.

Now if I'm mistaken in any of those points please enlighten me. Clearly you've seen something (except goals) over the last year that I didn't

Itchy

Quote from: up the rovers on November 18, 2020, 09:59:28 PM
Out of curiosity, that's 11 hours without a goal. Have you or anyone you know sat through all 11 hours? If you have fair play that is serious commitment. Plus you need your head looking at  ;D

I'd say I watched it all. I've watched cavan play in div3 too so I'm used to it. They probably made a few decent half chances but didn't have the quality to score. Thought parrot looked decent wgrn he came on, id have liked ro see him get a bit longer. Anyway a clean sheet is a decent outcome too considering we were leaking a lot of poor goals.

dublin7

Quote from: Itchy on November 18, 2020, 10:15:31 PM
Quote from: up the rovers on November 18, 2020, 09:59:28 PM

I'd say I watched it all. I've watched cavan play in div3 too so I'm used to it. They probably made a few decent half chances but didn't have the quality to score. Thought parrot looked decent wgrn he came on, id have liked ro see him get a bit longer. Anyway a clean sheet is a decent outcome too considering we were leaking a lot of poor goals.

To be fair you can never question the commitment of an Irish side. They'll always give 100%, but even allowing for injuries, Covid this is probably the weakest Irish team/squad since Charlton took over in the mid 80s. At least McCarthy had young players like Duff, Robbie Keane to work with when he started. Stephen Kenny doesn't have anyone close to their ability to pick from. Poor Troy Parrott is going have serious expectations put on him to be Ireland's scoring saviour and the lad is still only 18 and hasn't even established himself at club level yet

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: dublin7 on November 18, 2020, 10:13:53 PM

Ireland drew 0-0 as far as I can tell it's been about 10 and 1/2 hours since Ireland scored a goal.

This is the same Irish side that scored 3 goals over 2 games in the last campaign against Gibraltar. One of them was an OG and another came in injury time at the end of the game.

Shane Duffy is Ireland's only attacking threat from set pieces as we are lacking creativity in midfield and quality strikers in the forward line.

Now if I'm mistaken in any of those points please enlighten me. Clearly you've seen something (except goals) over the last year that I didn't

If you think the FAI and Kennys response to a lack of form strikers is to go down the granny route you are willfully deluding yourself

dublin7

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 18, 2020, 10:24:43 PM

If you think the FAI and Kennys response to a lack of form strikers is to go down the granny route you are willfully deluding yourself

That's your big profund enlightenment? Ah lad come on. I was expecting some yoda like tactical analysis of what I was profoundly missing. All I get is a childish you don't know what you're on about

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: dublin7 on November 18, 2020, 10:28:16 PM

That's your big profund enlightenment? Ah lad come on. I was expecting some yoda like tactical analysis of what I was profoundly missing. All I get is a childish you don't know what you're on about

I don't?

Kenny is a new broom, for right or wrong. Personally I don't see success with him, but you are on a different planet if you think he is going to not wait and see with the batch of U21 talent bubbling under

dublin7

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 18, 2020, 10:47:14 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on November 18, 2020, 10:28:16 PM

I don't?

Kenny is a new broom, for right or wrong. Personally I don't see success with him, but you are on a different planet if you think he is going to not wait and see with the batch of U21 talent bubbling under

That's a long way from being profoundly wrong. If anything it's a vindication for my points so thanks for admitting that.

I want Kenny to succeed, but it's the weakest pool of players he has to to work with since the 1980s. Doherty, Egan and Coleman are the only established premier league players playing regularly every week and they are all defenders. Unfortunately Doherty & Coleman play in the same position. I refuse to include Jeff Hendrick as he offers nothing in an Ireland jersey. He should be a leader of the team with his experience but instead you only notice him on the pitch when he makes a mistake.

The U21 players might make a difference, but by the time they gain enough experience Kenny will probably have been sacked.

Cunny Funt