The Official Tennis Thread

Started by Doogie Browser, January 26, 2010, 11:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magickingdom

Quote from: down6061689194 on January 26, 2010, 06:27:29 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on January 26, 2010, 12:12:00 PM
His comments about not supporting England will  be forgotten if he gets to the final. 

They  were blown out of proportion anyway. It's like asking a United fan if they want city to win.

what did he say?

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Doogie Browser

Sweet play by Murray, he is bound to make a mint reaching the final.

Denn Forever

Murray through to final.

Murray 3-6 6-4 6-4 6-2 Cilic
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Dakota

I'm guessing Murray is British now that he has got to the final, he will be Scottish again if he loses

gallsman

Soderling does it all over again at Roland Garros and dumps out Federer this time - first time he's ever beaten him. Whatever small chance there was of Nadal not winning it looks to have evaporated.

Also the first time Federer hasn't made the semis of a grand slam in something like six years.

stew

Quote from: gallsman on June 01, 2010, 06:52:56 PM
Soderling does it all over again at Roland Garros and dumps out Federer this time - first time he's ever beaten him. Whatever small chance there was of Nadal not winning it looks to have evaporated.

Also the first time Federer hasn't made the semis of a grand slam in something like six years.

He's amazing but you have to wonder how he can keep this up, he has a tremendous amount of miles on the clock and I wonder if you will start to see him slip in the next year or so, that said he will probably win wimbledon, his favourite surface but his days of winning the ozzie and the french may well be over.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

gallsman

Quote from: stew on June 01, 2010, 07:17:21 PM
Quote from: gallsman on June 01, 2010, 06:52:56 PM

He's amazing but you have to wonder how he can keep this up, he has a tremendous amount of miles on the clock and I wonder if you will start to see him slip in the next year or so, that said he will probably win wimbledon, his favourite surface but his days of winning the ozzie and the french may well be over.

Presume you mean Fed and not Nadal? Didn't realise he had "days" of winning the French, rather just the "day" in a year that Nadal was injured and beaten by Soderling.

gallsman

Surprised there's been no mention of Nadal winning the US Open and completing his career grand slam. First man to win three Grand Slams on different surfaces in the one year. The way he continues to improve and adapt his game is fantastic.

Somehow Federer's haul of 16 grand slams looks distinctly achievable.

HowAreYeGettinOn

Quote from: gallsman on September 15, 2010, 10:33:26 AM
Somehow Federer's haul of 16 grand slams looks distinctly achievable.

It does right now, but it'll be easier said than done. I reckon Fed isn't done winning majors yet either - before Nadal's comback in Paris, Fed had won three of the previous four and lost to Del Potro in the final of the '09 US Open.

Reckon Fed will get to 17 or 18 at the finish-up. But I think if Nadal's knees hold up, he could be the first man to reach 20. Especially as there doesn't seem to be anyone in the younger ranks that looks like they have the potential to 'succeed' him as the best in the world in the same way he succeeded Federer.

Family guy

Watchn nadal murray here and hafta say its the best sport i have watched all day

Declan

Dinny Breen

Just finished Andre Agassi's auto-biography, a fantastic read a good insight into the mind of a professional tennis player.
#newbridgeornowhere

Doogie Browser

Murray through and Nadal struglging with illness/injury in his match currently.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/9373831.stm

Doogie Browser

Nadal out, the Rafa slam is over!  Murray v Ferrer for a place on the final.