Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

five points

Quote from: Windmill abu on October 13, 2019, 11:16:27 PM

Victory celebrations on the backs of lorries have been taking place in every County for years. Like pitch invasions they have always had the potential for accidents causing injury or worse. Why have the G.A.A. not taken action to try and prevent this, as they have done with pitch invasions in Croke Park? Are insurance premiums for Croke Park a greater concern than the safety of G.A.A. members?

County board insurance officers are blue in the face telling clubs to get their act together on insurance and activity risk assessments.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: five points on October 14, 2019, 02:09:43 PM
Quote from: Windmill abu on October 13, 2019, 11:16:27 PM

Victory celebrations on the backs of lorries have been taking place in every County for years. Like pitch invasions they have always had the potential for accidents causing injury or worse. Why have the G.A.A. not taken action to try and prevent this, as they have done with pitch invasions in Croke Park? Are insurance premiums for Croke Park a greater concern than the safety of G.A.A. members?

County board insurance officers are blue in the face telling clubs to get their act together on insurance and activity risk assessments.

Fallen on deaf ears because more chance of choking on the ring inside the Halloween brack than getting injured during a club pitch celebration.

WT4E

Ambrose

I'm sure there are videos on Youtube calling each other out. It's their culture Boss.

"A tuna never had a son"  ;D What did they do before the camera phone was invented?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixFQUpLnr3E
You can't live off history and tradition forever

gallsman

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on October 17, 2019, 06:30:08 AM
Trump's letter to Erdogan.
;D Read it last night. I honestly can't tell sometimes if these things are real or parody! Mad man.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

J70

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 17, 2019, 07:33:03 AM
Quote from: gallsman on October 17, 2019, 06:30:08 AM
Trump's letter to Erdogan.
;D Read it last night. I honestly can't tell sometimes if these things are real or parody! Mad man.

There is a headline to a piece today in the Washington Post titled: The World is Staring at Trump, Mouth Agape.

That about sums it up.

armaghniac

Who thought it would be a good idea to put a parody of the sign over Auschwitz on the Cork Employment office. Either someone has seriously bad taste or is a Nazi.
It won't be there tomorrow, I'd say.

J70

Quote from: armaghniac on October 17, 2019, 06:29:05 PM
Who thought it would be a good idea to put a parody of the sign over Auschwitz on the Cork Employment office. Either someone has seriously bad taste or is a Nazi.
It won't be there tomorrow, I'd say.

Words fail... :o

Whatever manager approved that should be demoted immediately. If they are dumb and ignorant enough to allow that, what other mind-boggingly stupid decisions are they making?

playwiththewind1st

You would start getting suspicious, if the jobless figures start dropping dramatically.

armaghniac

Quote from: J70 on October 17, 2019, 07:27:42 PM
Whatever manager approved that should be demoted immediately. If they are dumb and ignorant enough to allow that, what other mind-boggingly stupid decisions are they making?

I agree, someone or several people approved this. They should be looking for new employment tomorrow.
This is not some snowflake PC crap, which I wouldn't agree with, 1.1 million people died in Auschwitz.

Edit:it seems this sign were not at all official and the management reported the incident to Gardai and removed the sign immediately. Likely the culprit was a Nazi, then.
https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/gardai-alerted-as-nazi-concentration-camp-slogan-appears-at-cork-intreo-office-958012.html

Rudi

5 year old homeless  boy eating his dinner on the streets of Dublin on a cold night. I'm sure most people here have seen the image and far worse goes on up and down the country, however I find this deeply distrubing. Big referundum a few years back, where is the equality for this young fella?, who will fight for his equal rights?

five points

Quote from: Rudi on October 18, 2019, 01:18:29 PM
5 year old homeless  boy eating his dinner on the streets of Dublin on a cold night. I'm sure most people here have seen the image and far worse goes on up and down the country, however I find this deeply distrubing. Big referundum a few years back, where is the equality for this young fella?, who will fight for his equal rights?

How is it disturbing? There was a stall giving out free food. Someone brought a kid along. He ate the food.