Tír Eoghain vs Muineachán, Omagh, Saturday 4th March @19:00 (water permitting)

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, February 28, 2017, 09:34:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Tyrone humiliated in that second half,
saved by the some fading embers of big Sean's football talent.

BennyHarp

Awful second half by Tyrone, this shit of passing the ball around midfield when you have 2 extra men is just embarrassing. Fair play to Monaghan, that was some effort after two very iffy red cards.
That was never a square ball!!

Fuzzman

Such a different performance for Tyrone in the second half.
I know you can say the game was over when those two men sent off but our direct passing, long range shooting and urgency was all missing.
I was glad to see Sean kicking those great points though. The game passed Mattie by in the second hand.
As the Eir team said Tyrone need to be a lot more clinical with their goal chances. Could have had 6 goals tonight but got none.
Still a wins a win and I thought that could have been a tough game tonight

BennyHarp

Quote from: lenny on March 04, 2017, 08:39:47 PM
Quote from: clarshack on March 04, 2017, 08:35:38 PM
Fair play to Monaghan for having a go with 13 men. If they had kept 15 players on the field they would have won.

Monaghan were the better team second half but ill discipline cost them. Tyrone were poor especially their decision making up front. They just don't have anywhere near the quality of an o'neill, a canavan or a dooher

Not many teams do!
That was never a square ball!!

ONeill

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 04, 2017, 08:44:42 PM
Awful second half by Tyrone, this shit of passing the ball around midfield when you have 2 extra men is just embarrassing. Fair play to Monaghan, that was some effort after two very iffy red cards.

Tyrone were well ahead on the scoreboard. Monaghan had no interest in passing the halfway line. Tyrone should have kept the ball and made a mockery of the game.

There's a reason why there were no Monaghan men on the provincial team.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fuzzman

Yeah we showed far more attacking ambition in the first half v 15 men. Would worry me how we get ahead of teams and then sit back.

Will they meet again I wonder in the summer

lenny

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 04, 2017, 08:46:21 PM
Quote from: lenny on March 04, 2017, 08:39:47 PM
Fair play to Monaghan for having a go with 13 men. If they had kept 15 players on the field they would have won.

Monaghan were the better team second half but ill discipline cost them. Tyrone were poor especially their decision making up front. They just don't have anywhere near the quality of an o'neill, a canavan or a dooher

Not many teams do!

Fair point but the other top teams have that bit more quality up front. Tyrone had 2 men over on a few of their counter attacks in the 2nd half and weren't able to capitalise due to taking the wrong options.

trueblue1234

Good to put manners on Monaghan. Pity we took the foot of the gas in the second half.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

sensethetone

Quote from: Main Street on March 04, 2017, 08:44:08 PM
I'd have thought scoring 14pts would usually be enough to beat Monaghan.

rrhf

Quote from: Main Street on March 04, 2017, 08:44:08 PM
Monaghan were shit tonight.

Main Street

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 04, 2017, 08:52:50 PM
Yeah we showed far more attacking ambition in the first half v 15 men. Would worry me how we get ahead of teams and then sit back.

Will they meet again I wonder in the summer
Whoever gets through to the Ulster final from our side of the draw , i suspect they would in all probability be meeting a reborn and rejuvenated Donegal.
If Monaghan did manage to get there,  I'd be more relaxed if Tyrone were the opponents.

trueblue1234

On tonight's performance I would be surprised to see them there. Don't play enough football.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Main Street

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 04, 2017, 09:28:52 PM
On tonight's performance I would be surprised to see them there. Don't play enough football.
Exactly, that's why I think Donegal will get there.

Fuzzman

Quote from: Main Street on March 02, 2017, 11:40:48 PM
Monaghan still beat Kerry without those 3 key players for the most part of the game.
But if a fresh Tyrone don't manage to beat an exhausted and injury ravaged  Monaghan, it's safe to say their season is pretty much over.
Tyrone players will find themselves having to hitch a ride to future games.
Thank God our season isn't over after tonight mainly thanks to the very biased Armagh ref who didn't understand how Monaghan play free positive attacking football.
At least they can follow Donegal for the year ahead.

ONeill

Fair play to Monaghan for having a go with 13 men. If they had kept 15 players on the field they would have won. That 2nd half performance was brutal from Tyrone.

Monaghan scored 2 points from play during their golden second half. Their approach was an insult to the free-flowing legacy of boys like Dick Clerkin.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.