NOTE TO JOURNALISTS

Started by Canalman, November 28, 2006, 08:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

With CP opening up to Soccer and Rugby in New Year PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not write "humorous" articles about Rugby Fans drinking Heino on northside, getting their Mercs stolen,neding a passport to cross the Liffey, needing directions etc etc etc.
Get impression many Journos follow the Board and would be obliged if they would pass message onto colleagues.

I think I plea in vain but have to try.

Square Ball

This opening up if Croke Park to Egg chasers and the soccer squads will be a blessing for the hacks, but what clichés will be trotted out the most?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

An Laoch

I'm sure most of the rugger fans have been there before for the Garth Brooks concerts anyway

cville

I think that the Sath Dablin charachter is best illustrated by the fact that when U2 played Croker in 1985 it was the Bono's 1st ever time in Drumcondra .... Also GELDOLF admits that he was eighteen when he first saw beyond the Parnell Monument.... Still, I'd rather pint it out near Croker before a game than anywhere else...

Shamrock Shore

So - what part of the Southside is Bono from cville :-\

cville

Ask Eamonn Dunphy - by the way, did u know that BONO backwards is O NOB!

tayto

and all northsiders have an extensive knowledge of the southside?

limerickros

Cville

Bono is actually from Ballymun ;D

cville

Thanks for that - he's still a p***k!

Bord na Mona man

The most overused used cliche will be about dead patriots spinning in their graves.
Journos (or space fillers) will devise several different hilarious plays on this. The noise and breeze generated by the whirring of corpses and ream. We'll be picking ourselves off the floor, they'll be that funny.

Then of course the playing of "God Save The Queen". There'll be the usual braying about how the world didn't stop spinning, how the sky didn't turn dark when it was played.
Well fcuk me, I (and all other barbarian gaels) fully expected all those things to happen and maybe an earthquake and bolt of lightening. Hold the front page.

It's remarkable how vividly the crackpot, flat earth, GAA loon exists in the mind of juvenile journos?
I'm sure they've all encountered hordes of them.  :-\

The Bottom Brick

Cville, I thought Bono was from Glasnevin?

You idiot.
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

Bord na Mona man

Bono is actually from Poppintree which fairly close to Ballymun and Glasnevin.

resdubwhite

Once referred to himself as "your son from Ballymun" on a mate of mines bootleg show before.

Cville.

Talk about getting it sooooo wrong.