NFL 2007 and NHL 2007 - Fixtures Thread

Started by Barney, November 28, 2006, 11:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Big day of ball and beering in Dublin on Saturday 24th March.

Football - Dublin v Fermanagh at 3.30pm, followed by:
Soccer - Ireland v Wales

I wonder will they make it a Croke Park double bill  ;D

Gnevin

Quote from: Fuzzman on November 28, 2006, 01:48:45 PM
Think the Donegal airport is away on the west coast near Gweedore which is about an hour drive from Ballybofey where Donegal play most of their matches.

Think U can hire a car there for E30 but don't know about bus services.
http://www.donegalairport.ie/Location.htm

I'd say its a lot of hassle but never been there myself.

Feck it anyway i hate the drive to donegal it's too far and then you get up their and the weather is always poxy

According too the aa it takes 1h 20  too get from airport to ballybofey which  is 37.1 miles yet
it only take 2h 30 to go  136miles  ???
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Mayo4Sam

Thought u were a dub gnevin, took people 7 hours to go 10 miles last week
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Gnevin

But we had the wonders of Dublin city to marvel at during does 7 hours , what is their to see on the road to donegal :P
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

dodo

Feck it anyway i hate the drive to donegal it's too far and then you get up their and the weather is always poxy

According too the aa it takes 1h 20 too get from airport to ballybofey which is 37.1 miles yet
it only take 2h 30 to go 136miles ???

Road from airport has good surface in places but is all twists and turns. If you go via Finntown it can be rough.
The scenery is magnificent, especiaaly on a clear day from the air.

I'd imagine the 2hours 40 min roundtrip to the airport will be a deterrent, along with your probable feeling of unrest/panic as you leave the M50 behind you.  :P

Spiritof98

Any word were Armagh are playing the Sat nite games.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

tayto

Quote from: Gnevin on November 28, 2006, 02:50:14 PM
But we had the wonders of Dublin city to marvel at during does 7 hours , what is their to see on the road to donegal :P

Oi, Gnevin, you keep confusing you for me wit that avater the same as mine  ??? :P

Cloc Mor

Down away to Louth in the first game.  Could have asked for an easier start for Ross and DJ.  Louth will be looking to build on the good year they had last year but realistically we should still be able to beat the lads from the Wee County.  I wouldn't bet on it though.

Gnevin

Quote from: tayto on November 28, 2006, 04:20:57 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on November 28, 2006, 02:50:14 PM

Oi, Gnevin, you keep confusing you for me wit that avater the same as mine  ??? :P

i'll change it

Croí na hÉireann

Does anyone have a link or know for definite how the national leagues will work next year??? I was under the impression that the top four in 1A & 1B go into the new Division 1 and the bottom 4 in 1A & 1B go into Division 2. However on the Slasher thread they're talking about going straight into Division 2 if they finish first or second in 2A!!! Help.....
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

ONeill

Going to be extremely odd playing 6/7 games on a Saturday night. Expect an overdose of TV games involving the Red Hands.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

FermPundit

Really looking forward to the Saturday evening game with Tyrone on the 10th February. I reckon there could be at least 15,000 people at the game if the attendance at Brewster Park last year is anything to go by.

Division 1A is going to be tough this year but I think we have a decent chance in all games. No brutal journeys to away games which is always a bonus!!
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Farrandeelin

Tough one for O'Mahony to start off with imo. I think we will do ok, but we have to finish in the top 4 to be in Division 1 next season so it could be tricky.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

J70

Quote from: Gnevin on November 28, 2006, 01:27:19 PM
Does anyone know if the airport in Dongeal is near the ground or easy to get too ,i dont fancy that 3.5 hour drive up and back from dublin

Donegal v Dublin fixtures are generally in Ballyshannon. You'll make that in 3 hours or even less from Blanchardstown fairly easily.

If flying, go by Sligo. Ballyshannon is no more than half an hour's drive from Sligo Airport.

If the match is in Ballybofey, forget flying, unless Derry is a possibility. Carrickfin is at least an hour over shite roads from there.

Division 1A looks very tough!

Could be yet another relegation on the cards for our boys this year! There will probably be three or four teams at risk going into the last day though.