The US policing crisis thread

Started by Eamonnca1, April 28, 2015, 07:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

According to Justice Department statistics, 84 percent of white people killed every year are killed by other whites.

http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 26, 2015, 10:02:25 PM
According to Justice Department statistics, 84 percent of white people killed every year are killed by other whites.

I haven't a clue why your going down this path (unless to distract from the black on black crime that happens on the big cities.

Go back and reread the thread...

.I'm specifically referring to the  400/500 murders per year in Chicago...that are BLACK ON BLACK....

What part of that we're you unable to comprehend first go around

stew

MSNBC had a Mayor on who claims he is far more concerned with white on white crime than he is Muslim extremists, that is fine and all except for the fact that he lives in an area were 97% of the homeowners are white!

Donald Trump is finished I hope after mocking a disabled reporter, what sort of **** does that? The fact of the matter is he is leading in the polls.......................Just.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

heganboy

Quote from: whitey on November 26, 2015, 11:13:28 PM

I haven't a clue why your going down this path (unless to distract from the black on black crime that happens on the big cities.

.I'm specifically referring to the  400/500 murders per year in Chicago...that are BLACK ON BLACK....

Whitey,
i thought he was addressing the point pretty well actually

however there are about 15,000 murders in the US every year.
about 9000 of those are gun deaths about 60%
about 45% of american households have a (registered) gun

ref Chicago:
in 2014 there were 390 murders recorded by Chicago PD (lowest in nearly 50 years)

now here's where it gets interesting:
The victim in about 80% of those cases is black, and about 17% are hispanic

year to date numbers are up- 453 so far. arrests have been made (or cop accused, or murder/suicide)

However your claims are in for a lot of questioning, because less than a quarter of the murders in Chicago are solved.

hard to know whodunnit. Hard to know their race...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

whitey

Quote from: heganboy on November 27, 2015, 04:44:26 AM
Quote from: whitey on November 26, 2015, 11:13:28 PM

Whitey,
i thought he was addressing the point pretty well actually

however there are about 15,000 murders in the US every year.
about 9000 of those are gun deaths about 60%
about 45% of american households have a (registered) gun

ref Chicago:
in 2014 there were 390 murders recorded by Chicago PD (lowest in nearly 50 years)

now here's where it gets interesting:
The victim in about 80% of those cases is black, and about 17% are hispanic

year to date numbers are up- 453 so far. arrests have been made (or cop accused, or murder/suicide)

However your claims are in for a lot of questioning, because less than a quarter of the murders in Chicago are solved.

hard to know whodunnit. Hard to know their race...

The dogs in the street know who's responsible.....but the no snitching culture makes it almost impossible to bring prosecutions.

http://www.pulitzer.org/archives/9167

http://www.pulitzer.org/archives/9167

Eamonnca1

You're missing the point, Whitey. "Black on black crime" is one of those BS talking points that the right has concocted to distract from racist murderous cops. Most victims are killed by people they know. Of course most victims are going to be killed by people of their own race.

foxcommander

Quote from: foxcommander on November 26, 2015, 07:13:58 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 26, 2015, 06:28:22 PM
Translation: "I'm too lazy to make my own argument, go off and laboriously search through the archives and make my argument for me."

Probably be far more fun than watching those awful NACB videos...

No smart answer this time Eamonn?? You've had a whole day to think about it ;)
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

stew

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 27, 2015, 06:28:06 PM
You're missing the point, Whitey. "Black on black crime" is one of those BS talking points that the right has concocted to distract from racist murderous cops. Most victims are killed by people they know. Of course most victims are going to be killed by people of their own race.

What bullshit you speak............................... You have just marginalized a serious issue in American society, the statistics don't lie, the families destroyed by black on black crime are really really distraught and racist mudering cops are a completely separate issue!

How many white people are killed by other whites, compare that to black on black murder and see what jumps out at you!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

whitey

Here's the breakdown by neighborhood of the murder rate in Chicago....I'm sure those living in the worst neighborhoods wouldn't regard a murder rate of 85 per 100,000 residents as "right wing BS talking points". They are being terrorized by their own people day in and day out

If we got rid of every single bad apple out of every police dept in the entire country, my guess is that these rates would continue unchecked

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/The-Most-Dangerous-Neighborhood-In-Chicago-186719391.html

muppet

Quote from: whitey on November 27, 2015, 08:49:33 PM

Here's the breakdown by neighborhood of the murder rate in Chicago....I'm sure those living in the worst neighborhoods wouldn't regard a murder rate of 85 per 100,000 residents as "right wing BS talking points". They are being terrorized by their own people day in and day out

If we got rid of every single bad apple out of every police dept in the entire country, my guess is that these rates would continue unchecked

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/The-Most-Dangerous-Neighborhood-In-Chicago-186719391.html

Why is the latter being used to cover the former?

Neither are acceptable. Both need to be dealt with.
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: muppet on November 27, 2015, 08:57:42 PM

They're intertwined......a civilian police force is expected to police neighborhoods that are virtual war zones.   

muppet

Quote from: whitey on November 27, 2015, 09:07:24 PM

They're intertwined......a civilian police force is expected to police neighborhoods that are virtual war zones.

That is simply blaming the black communities for cops shooting unarmed black people dead. Because it is a 'virtual war zone'. Even in non-virtual war zones there are rules of engagement.
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: muppet on November 27, 2015, 10:32:18 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 27, 2015, 09:07:24 PM

That is simply blaming the black communities for cops shooting unarmed black people dead. Because it is a 'virtual war zone'. Even in non-virtual war zones there are rules of engagement.

Thats a very broad statement and not at all representative of what I said

Regular black people trying to live their lives and raise their families are being terrorized by their own people.  If we eliminated every unjustified police shooting it would be a rounding error compared to what their own own people are doing to them

armaghniac

Quote from: whitey on November 27, 2015, 11:14:50 PM
Regular black people trying to live their lives and raise their families are being terrorized by their own people.  If we eliminated every unjustified police shooting it would be a rounding error compared to what their own own people are doing to them

This is true. However, the police would get more support if they acted professionally at all times, for every black person shot there is 100 more needlessly harassed. But the police are only one facet of public action in that some parts of the city are being allowed become places where normal society is not allowed exist.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

periere

people cant have it both ways.

If you are for gun control to combat all the  social misery it entails then you must accept that until you eliminate all guns there will be some police officer somehere staring down the face of a gun and contemplating the immediate extinction of his existence.

it is very real. No second chances.