The US policing crisis thread

Started by Eamonnca1, April 28, 2015, 07:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 12, 2015, 08:03:37 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2015, 07:43:39 PM
Quote from: stew on November 12, 2015, 07:40:47 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 12, 2015, 07:37:47 PM
LOL.....just watched the video.....driver tried to turn the car around at a minimal rate of speed and yer man walks right up and bangs into the bumper to prevent him from doing so...at which point the driver stops.

Some of these people simply want to be famous, he should be arrested for that shit and sued, some one the the left are driving this anti police agenda to the max the b**tards!

I thought this dude was mixed up in the Missouri university thing, NOT a police issue?

If he reported it to the police he could be done for filing a false report are wasting police time. Otherwise slander would be a civil matter

True.

If he is from a very rich family as Stew suggested, a civil suit would be a certainty.

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on November 12, 2015, 08:09:27 PM
Quote from: easytiger95 on November 12, 2015, 08:02:04 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2015, 07:41:50 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 12, 2015, 07:31:37 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2015, 07:08:07 PM
Quote from: Gmac on November 12, 2015, 06:19:25 PM
Suppose I was a cop on the south side of Chicago for 20  years and over that time 80% of people I arrested for drug possession or intent to distribute were black with hoodies and pants hanging around their arses would I be a racist for watching out for said persons to pull over or traffic stop or would I be a good cop ,?

Are you basing your decision to pull them over purely on their race/dress, or do you have some cause to believe that the individuals in question are carrying drugs?

If I choose to walk around Belfast with a full balaclava and combats would you think I'm inviting trouble or not?

So a hoodie and hanging trousers, the uniform of just about every black kid in America, is the equivalent of a balaclava/combat boots worn by a paramilitary in Belfast?

Got it.  ::)

Given that studies show you are far less likely to be arrested as a white person for possession of drugs in the States than a black person, one would have to assume that whilst you may not be racist in and of yourself, you are certainly applying a racial profiling policy.

Lads, trying to use police statistics is a dead end for you - stop and frisk, the disproportionate rate of prosecution of drug offences in minority communities, sentencing discrepancies and the race skewed prison population all undermine your arguments.

If one part of the community is policed far more vigorously than the other, then of course there will be more arrests, leading to people like Foxcommander saying that that part of the "population" has no "rules or respect" or their demonisation as "scumbags" by people like Stew. Easy answers for ignorant questions, and far more dangerous than some lad reading "Anarchy for Dummies" and attacking the fender of a car.

I defer to whiteys video to show respect for an officer

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ULf-n8l2rY0

That's respect eh? The use of the N word would get another section of the community into a lot of trouble.

WTF are you talking about?

Overall, that's a pretty civil discussion. Gets a little bit heated at the end, but it's an emotionally charged event.

easytiger95

Quote from: foxcommander on November 12, 2015, 08:09:27 PM
Quote from: easytiger95 on November 12, 2015, 08:02:04 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2015, 07:41:50 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 12, 2015, 07:31:37 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2015, 07:08:07 PM
Quote from: Gmac on November 12, 2015, 06:19:25 PM
Suppose I was a cop on the south side of Chicago for 20  years and over that time 80% of people I arrested for drug possession or intent to distribute were black with hoodies and pants hanging around their arses would I be a racist for watching out for said persons to pull over or traffic stop or would I be a good cop ,?

Are you basing your decision to pull them over purely on their race/dress, or do you have some cause to believe that the individuals in question are carrying drugs?

If I choose to walk around Belfast with a full balaclava and combats would you think I'm inviting trouble or not?

So a hoodie and hanging trousers, the uniform of just about every black kid in America, is the equivalent of a balaclava/combat boots worn by a paramilitary in Belfast?

Got it.  ::)

Given that studies show you are far less likely to be arrested as a white person for possession of drugs in the States than a black person, one would have to assume that whilst you may not be racist in and of yourself, you are certainly applying a racial profiling policy.

Lads, trying to use police statistics is a dead end for you - stop and frisk, the disproportionate rate of prosecution of drug offences in minority communities, sentencing discrepancies and the race skewed prison population all undermine your arguments.

If one part of the community is policed far more vigorously than the other, then of course there will be more arrests, leading to people like Foxcommander saying that that part of the "population" has no "rules or respect" or their demonisation as "scumbags" by people like Stew. Easy answers for ignorant questions, and far more dangerous than some lad reading "Anarchy for Dummies" and attacking the fender of a car.

I defer to whiteys video to show respect for an officer

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ULf-n8l2rY0

That's respect eh? The use of the N word would get another section of the community into a lot of trouble.

Big difference between having no respect for yourself or having no respect for a system that does not value you. But of course Fox, you're white, so you'll never have to experience that.

J70

BTW foxcommander, are you really  bothered by the fact that white people can't use the N-word, but black people have reclaimed it?

easytiger95

I was actually going to ask him that but then i thought "life is too short."

There you go - Middle Aged Irish Lives matter as well.

I'll get me coat....

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2015, 08:53:54 PM
BTW foxcommander, are you really  bothered by the fact that white people can't use the N-word, but black people have reclaimed it?

You bleat on about inequality but that's a huge example of one rule for some...
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on November 12, 2015, 09:21:19 PM

"A huge example" of inequality?

Seriously?

You really don't understand  the difference?

You don't understand people reclaiming a word that was historically  a symbol of their enslavement and second-class citizenship?

You don't understand  how their use of it is completely  different to white use of it?

You don't get the equivalent difference between gay people using the word "queer" and it's traditional  use as a term of abuse?

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2015, 09:35:51 PM

You don't understand  how their use of it is completely  different to white use of it?

I don't. If it's in the dictionary I should be allowed use it exactly the same way as anyone else.

or is it ok to use discrimination? How do you know my background - or are you basing it on the colour of my skin?

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on November 12, 2015, 09:50:26 PM

I don't. If it's in the dictionary I should be allowed use it exactly the same way as anyone else.

or is it ok to use discrimination? How do you know my background - or are you basing it on the colour of my skin?

White use of the word carries the baggage of a history of slavery and white repression of blacks. Black use of it does not. Their use of it is basically  a "f**k you" to that history. I seriously  doubt if you can't see that and thus can only put this down to yet more intellectual  dishonesty  on your part.

I don't know your background  or skin colour. Chances are very strong you're a white Irish male, like almost all of us here.

whitey

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=db1_1427671392

Heres a video from earlier in the night.....the one at the bottom of the page

Cop got shot in the face protecting THEIR neighborhood from a dangerous and violent felon and this is how they react.  Absolute fvckin disgrace

BTW this WAS on youtube but got pulled because once agin it shows what a shower of complete cvnts some of these people are

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2015, 09:57:58 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 12, 2015, 09:50:26 PM

White use of the word carries the baggage of a history of slavery and white repression of blacks. Black use of it does not. Their use of it is basically  a "f**k you" to that history. I seriously  doubt if you can't see that and thus can only put this down to yet more intellectual  dishonesty  on your part.

I don't know your background  or skin colour. Chances are very strong you're a white Irish male, like almost all of us here.

Nobody owns a word or should dictate what language anyone else chooses to use. It's only the thought police again monitoring this. People like yourself who seem to allow this fake victimhood to continue. Isn't there still calls for reparations in the USA? Don't tell me that's chancing your arm....this is a continuation of this policy to gain leverage ...don't kid yourself its not.

Hulk Hogan, Paula Deen - careers ruined for using a particular word once
Dr Dre uses the same word multiple times in his music and wins Grammys.

If you PC bunch want equality you're not doing a good job. If anything you are tripping over yourselves to apologise.

Look at south Africa's hiring policies if you want to see good examples of how that goes...

heganboy

Fenian, Taig, Hun, Black, Brit

Take your pick

"If its in the dictionary i should be allowed to use it"

Try it, i have a list of bars in Belfast, you should start there. The felons, the hatfield, Sandy Row RSC.

Bring your "rights to use words" dictionary with you, should be pretty straightforward to explain.  No bother.

"Nobody owns a word"

You should open with that....

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

muppet

Quote from: whitey on November 12, 2015, 11:05:26 PM

Cop got shot in the face protecting THEIR neighborhood from a dangerous and violent felon and this is how they react.  Absolute fvckin disgrace

BTW this WAS on youtube but got pulled because once agin it shows what a shower of complete cvnts some of these people are

It sure does. Anyone who supports the first amendment is supporting the right of these 'cvnts' to have easy access to guns.

BTW the cop stopped him 'During a traffic stop' so do't overplay the 'protecting THEIR neighborhood from a dangerous and violent felon' bullshit. There is no need for it.

That said, the cop was just doing his job didn't deserve what happened to him. Hopefully he recovers.
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: muppet on November 13, 2015, 08:27:42 AM
Quote from: whitey on November 12, 2015, 11:05:26 PM

It sure does. Anyone who supports the first amendment is supporting the right of these 'cvnts' to have easy access to guns.

BTW the cop stopped him 'During a traffic stop' so do't overplay the 'protecting THEIR neighborhood from a dangerous and violent felon' bullshit. There is no need for it.

That said, the cop was just doing his job didn't deserve what happened to him. Hopefully he recovers.

That is a disgraceful comment....it was not a random "traffic stop" as you so smugly describe it....they were responding to a shooting in a minority neighborhood at the time.  6 members of a gang unit do not pull you over in a "traffic stop".  They absolsolutely were putting their lives on the line stopping known gang members immediately after a shooting

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/05/30/wounded-boston-police-officer-john-moynihan-says-road-recovery/MJZIPMEIuWXdueGFrG0VHL/story.html

"A clergymen and anti-violence leader, the Rev. Mark Scott of the Azusa Christian Community, said he is praying for Moynihan and his family, and for a neighborhood that has been plagued by violence.

"There is much work that people have done with the police that has made our community a lot safer," he said."