Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: J70 on May 29, 2022, 01:19:10 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 27, 2022, 12:13:29 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 26, 2022, 10:49:57 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on May 26, 2022, 09:46:15 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 26, 2022, 05:33:28 PM
Actor Ray Liotta

I didn't realise how old he was, 67. I thought he was still in his 50s.

Goodfellas is 32 years old  :o
Best Picture Oscar in 1990 was not Goodfellas but Driving Miss Daisy!

Goodfellas lost out to Dances with Wolves (also an excellent movie, but Goodfellas is superior).

Think Driving Miss Daisy was a year or two before.

It's like comparing apples with oranges.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

dec

Three riders at the Isle of Man TT have been killed including Davy Morgan from Saintfield. Don't follow motorbike racing so I had never heard of him before, but 52 is too young to die and too old to be riding a motorbike at that speed.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: dec on June 08, 2022, 05:33:45 PM
Three riders at the Isle of Man TT have been killed including Davy Morgan from Saintfield. Don't follow motorbike racing so I had never heard of him before, but 52 is too young to die and too old to be riding a motorbike at that speed.

Jeremy McWilliams 58 still doing it... these guys don't see it as a problem, met him a few times, would drinks in my local , has no real intentions of fully retiring, happy to hang in there! It's nuts to be fair
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

One of those 3 is actually still alive, someone else died !
They announced the wrong name.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

marty34

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 08, 2022, 07:40:49 PM

Yeah, saw that earlier.

What a mess in naming wrong person.

balladmaker

Road racing is an addiction, any family involved in it are usually involved across generations of the family ... and sadly it ends in too many tragedies and life changing injuries.  Not something I've ever had an interest in, however I do know anyone who is are fanatical about it, and I'd go as far as to see it is an addiction.  I'd a friend who was never into the bikes who bought one because some of his mates were into it ... sure enough he went into it big time, any spare time was spent on the motorbike ... sadly, a very short time later, he lost control of the bike and died in the accident ... if only he had never bought the bike in the first place  :(

RIP to those who were killed this week at the TT.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: balladmaker on June 08, 2022, 07:56:48 PM
Road racing is an addiction, any family involved in it are usually involved across generations of the family ... and sadly it ends in too many tragedies and life changing injuries.  Not something I've ever had an interest in, however I do know anyone who is are fanatical about it, and I'd go as far as to see it is an addiction.  I'd a friend who was never into the bikes who bought one because some of his mates were into it ... sure enough he went into it big time, any spare time was spent on the motorbike ... sadly, a very short time later, he lost control of the bike and died in the accident ... if only he had never bought the bike in the first place  :(

RIP to those who were killed this week at the TT.

Very true. I randomly stayed in the home of Tony Jefferies when Crossmolina played Hugh O'Neill's in Leeds in 1999.
He won 3 TTs before a crash in 1973 left him in a wheelchair. His father was a racer and brother Nick had a TT win.

Their house was full of motorcycling memorabilia and I remember thinking how mad it was that his son David was racing. Sadly David died in a crash a couple of years later aged only 30.
Hasta la victoria siempre

nrico2006

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 08, 2022, 07:40:49 PM

None of the 3 are still alive.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

seafoid

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 29, 2022, 09:56:49 AM
Jockey Lester Piggot aged 86.
A great stalwart of Sports Stadium on Saturday afternoons before Murdoch bought most of the sports
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Tatler Jack

Former Cork dual player Seamus Looney R.I.P. This man had some collection of medals in both codes.

https://www.echolive.ie/corksport/arid-40890341.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Séamus_Looney

Substandard

JPGJOHNNYG

pbat

Phil Bennett Wales and Lions fame. 73

RedHand88