Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffrongael

Quote from: ck on June 08, 2022, 11:49:17 PM
Quote from: breakingball on June 08, 2022, 10:35:34 PM
few strange results in div2 tonight

carryduff winning away to carey
gort beating ahoghill

Gort beating Ahoghill is a huge shock. Start of the Gort fight to stay up?

Going to Gort on a shitty night like last night wouldn't be easy, on a small tight pitch 
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

League means very little of a wednesday night, especially if travelling big distances, we travelled minus 8 starters and only 16 players( 3 lads hadnt played in good while), I am sure a lot of teams are like that with work, exams etc

imtommygunn

The carey one still a strange one with them being at home and anything I have seen I *thought* they were winning all round them. Ballygalget Dunloy too in Dunloy but I guess Dunloy missing county boys. (no offense JC lol)

marty34

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 09, 2022, 09:37:12 AM
The carey one still a strange one with them being at home and anything I have seen I *thought* they were winning all round them. Ballygalget Dunloy too in Dunloy but I guess Dunloy missing county boys. (no offense JC lol)

Things will settle down after the weekend's game ans holidays, then get cranked up again for the run in.

johnnycool

big win for us alright, but I'd have thought even without their county players Dunloy would have had enough strength in depth to account for us.

In saying that we are improving, very young team at the minute, well over half the team would be under 22 years of age, the keeper would be by far the oldest, but he's keeping that position warm for his nephew for a few years yet.

Another couple of very handy hurlers coming up through the minor ranks will hopefully bolster the team as we try to get back to being competitive in this league.

Saffrongael

Quote from: marty34 on June 09, 2022, 10:07:53 AM

Things will settle down after the weekend's game ans holidays, then get cranked up again for the run in.

Yep, a division 2 player up with the county and unable to play would be a big player for that club team you would think. A few Div 2 teams have county players, Creggan, Sarsfields, Glenariffe & St Pauls off the top of my head, that will be available after the weekend (barring a monumental shock in Corrigan)
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: johnnycool on June 09, 2022, 10:14:08 AM

big win for us alright, but I'd have thought even without their county players Dunloy would have had enough strength in depth to account for us.

In saying that we are improving, very young team at the minute, well over half the team would be under 22 years of age, the keeper would be by far the oldest, but he's keeping that position warm for his nephew for a few years yet.

Another couple of very handy hurlers coming up through the minor ranks will hopefully bolster the team as we try to get back to being competitive in this league.

Thats great to hear, are yous finding it hard to keep young lads at home, that and shitty part time jobs causing us nightmares

marty34

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 09, 2022, 10:18:13 AM

Thats great to hear, are yous finding it hard to keep young lads at home, that and shitty part time jobs causing us nightmares

Have yous not a pick of all of Derry city and into Donegal?

Don't see how you should struggle for numbers.

Will Antrim get within 10 points of Cork this week-end?  Tight confines should help.  Not sure what weather conditions will be but game V Kerry should have helped them. 

Cork haven't played competitively in a few weeks.  I wonder will Kingston start Horgan?  He could lose a good few sliotars around the Whiterock Road with his striking, if he starts.

north_antrim_hound

Horgan will be Horgan on the free's but he's not an out and out ball winner and would trust G Walsh to do a good job from play. My worries would be the likes of Shane Kingston in the corner against our Corner backs. Also cullinane and Harneady have found some form.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Tyrdub

ACHL Div 4
Round 6
DATE
Sun 12 Jun 2022
VENUE
Musgrave Park
TIME
5 15 AM

bit of an early start there, is there floodlights in Musgrave?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: marty34 on June 09, 2022, 10:49:33 AM

Have yous not a pick of all of Derry city and into Donegal?

Don't see how you should struggle for numbers.

Will Antrim get within 10 points of Cork this week-end?  Tight confines should help.  Not sure what weather conditions will be but game V Kerry should have helped them. 

Cork haven't played competitively in a few weeks.  I wonder will Kingston start Horgan?  He could lose a good few sliotars around the Whiterock Road with his striking, if he starts.

You can only "pick" from people who play the sport. We dont have anyone from Donegal atm unfortunately, wish we had, although we have Derry city players playing in Donegal. We are struggling because there is no hurling in the schools and we are still a relatively young club only now producing 2nd generation hurlers. Soccer and Gaelic football are the main sports and it is not like rural areas where there is not  as much going on to distract lads. Boys arent getting sorted out with jobs to keep them here like happens in other areas. Stuff we discussed on the apathy thread.

johnnycool

One lad back from Edinburgh Uni during the week, but normally most of the others are Belfast based with another lad Coleraine/Magee based so midweek games especially at home are a balls for him.
Luckily two of the panel work for one of our selectors part time, so if they can't get the time off then no one can!!

Exams are a bit of a problem at the minute.

imtommygunn

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on June 09, 2022, 11:00:32 AM
Horgan will be Horgan on the free's but he's not an out and out ball winner and would trust G Walsh to do a good job from play. My worries would be the likes of Shane Kingston in the corner against our Corner backs. Also cullinane and Harneady have found some form.

lehane would be the main issue. We're up against it here but nothing to lose I guess.

johnnycool

Quote from: Tyrdub on June 09, 2022, 11:00:55 AM
ACHL Div 4
Round 6
DATE
Sun 12 Jun 2022
VENUE
Musgrave Park
TIME
5 15 AM

bit of an early start there, is there floodlights in Musgrave?

Probably be daylight at that time anyway.

marty34

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on June 09, 2022, 11:00:32 AM

Lehane?