The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CK_Redhand

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league/

This is a site built to display modelled predictions.
As it stands, city are expected to get 44 points from their remaining fixtures. Liverpool 42 and Chelsea 38.

So the probabilities of winning the league are .75, .18 and .07 respectively.

These numbers won't prove to be perfect predictions for the rest of the season but present a nice probabilistic view of how things may pan out.

A few injuries here and there and things will shift of course.

johnnycool

Quote from: J70 on December 23, 2021, 02:45:06 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on December 23, 2021, 02:35:48 PM
Tyler Morton lucky not to get a red there lads....

Just saw a video of it and not good..

Just looked it up now that you highlighted it.

Absolutely he was lucky. Reminds me of Pickford's one on Van Dijk last season. The Leicester player could have ended up with a serious knee injury.

I think there was no VAR for the game. Otherwise he would have got the line.
[/quote/]

Lad has a broken leg.. Surprised that there was no mention of it here...

As for last night, Mane completely off the boil, missed a sitter with lots of poor touches and passes throughout the game.
With TAA drifting infield lots now if Liverpool loose possession then teams are hitting the space he leaves behind. Lookman took the goal well but he should never have been allowed to get that far, too much space and a few lads half arsed at chasing back ..
Much for Klopp to ponder but still in the chase for the title

J70

Quote from: CK_Redhand on December 29, 2021, 06:08:18 PM
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league/

This is a site built to display modelled predictions.
As it stands, city are expected to get 44 points from their remaining fixtures. Liverpool 42 and Chelsea 38.

So the probabilities of winning the league are .75, .18 and .07 respectively.

These numbers won't prove to be perfect predictions for the rest of the season but present a nice probabilistic view of how things may pan out.

A few injuries here and there and things will shift of course.

Have bookmarked that. Didn't know 538 were modeling those leagues.

Bayern are 99% probability to win the Bundesliga. At Christmas! :o

Dortmund are predicted second, at <1% to win it outright.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: laoislad on January 01, 2022, 02:18:47 PM
Klopp will miss tomorrow's game due to Covid.

I can stand in for him, I reckon I can do some tweaking he has overlooked.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Aaron Boone

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on January 01, 2022, 04:15:06 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 01, 2022, 02:18:47 PM
Klopp will miss tomorrow's game due to Covid.

I can stand in for him, I reckon I can do some tweaking he has overlooked.

The No.2 gets to do the match interviews and have Sky zoom in on them folding arms on the sideline. 

Milltown Row2

The stand in with have ear piece in and Klopp will be calling the shots. At least the ref will have an easier game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gawa316

Alisson, Bobby and Matip out with Covid

laoislad

Tyler really can't hide his dislike of Liverpool.
The difference between his commentary when Liverpool score and Chelsea score is hilarious.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

2-2 HT.
Were in control but then Milner gives away a silly foul and Chelsea score more or less from it. Chelse with tails up then get a second.
Need to regain control of this in 2nd half or can see Chelsea scoring a few more.

Itchy

Quote from: laoislad on January 02, 2022, 04:44:11 PM
Great save from Kelleher and a few mins later we go one up.
Martin Tyler going on and on about how Mane should be sent off(he shouldn't yellow was harsh enough) he wouldn't say a word a few weeks ago though when Kane should have got a red against Liverpool.

A definite yellow and could easily have been red. Helped by it being so early in the game.

laoislad

A point not really worth a f**k to either team, well apart from keeping them in the Top 4 battle because that's all both teams have left as regards the League this season. City 11 points clear now. Game over.

Didn't think Liverpool ever really looked like they were gonna score in the second half, the subs that came on  didn't make any difference at all.
On a positive note I thought Kelleher played well, certainly couldn't be faulted for either goal.

RedHand88

laoislad

north_antrim_hound

That's the PL home and hosed to pep and co.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

laoislad

Genuinely think we should now go all in for the 3 remaining Cups, well they would anyways for the Champions League but they should go for the FA Cup and League Cup also.
You would think/hope they would have enough to finish at least 3rd/4th above the likes of West Ham Spurs and Arsenal so why not try and win the remaining Cups?