Frostbit - Ruairi McSorley the new star

Started by Fiodoir Ard Mhacha, January 14, 2015, 07:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: ziggysego on January 18, 2015, 04:31:07 PM
I'm doing a bit of stand up next month. First time and I'm absolutely terrified at the thought of it.

Best of luck Ziggy.
MWWSI 2017

ziggysego

Quote from: muppet on January 18, 2015, 04:41:24 PM
I'm doing a bit of stand up next month. First time and I'm absolutely terrified at the thought of it.

Best of luck Ziggy.

Thanks
Testing Accessibility

Orior

Where in? If you need some material, send Muppet a pm, lol
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Agent Orange

You know you've made it big when someone gets your face tattooed on his leg.

annapr

Quote from: Agent Orange on January 21, 2015, 08:53:13 PM
You know you've made it big when someone gets your face tattooed on his leg.

What a f**king idiot

quit yo jibbajabba

leaveherinsir

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 21, 2015, 08:59:46 PM
looks more like a young Paisley ;D
Jibba jabba you missed your calling sir. You would have made a good stand up!! :-)

Nigel White

Seems the main man is now doing ads for Superfast Broadband on the Cool FM website

BennyCake

Oh Christ, isnt his 15 minutes of fame up yet?!

ziggysego

Quote from: BennyCake on July 08, 2015, 07:21:06 PM
Oh Christ, isnt his 15 minutes of fame up yet?!

They were up.until he decided to ride to school on a horse
Testing Accessibility

Itchy

Seriously.....

https://www.independent.ie/news/star-of-you-wouldnt-be-long-getting-frostbitvideo-revealed-to-be-swimmer-saved-4km-out-at-sea-40784882.html

The man who was rescued 4km from shore after he got into difficulty this week  has been identified as Ruairí McSorley, the star of the viral video "Frostbit Boy".

Mr McSorley (24), from the small village of Park in Co Derry, told the Irish Independent he was feeling "100pc" after his 12-hour ordeal.

He was first reported missing at 8am on Sunday after a walker found his clothes and shoes on a beach near Inch, Co Kerry.

Fenit RNLI crew members were stunned to find him alive so far out at sea, alone and surrounded by a pod of dolphins, at 8.15pm.

Speaking yesterday after his release from University Hospital Kerry in Tralee, he paid tribute to his rescuers.

"They're very professional and very slick. They're incredible people, I have to say. They aren't like doctors or paramedics – paid professionals. They're volunteers," he said. "They're definitely a great group of people, there's no doubt.

"They wrapped me up in the blankets and took my body temperature and everything and then just rushed me into the hospital."

Mr McSorley is adamant he is none the worse for his experience.

"There's no victim mentality there. Other than a bit of pain at the back of my knee, I'm 100pc. There's no long-term damage," he said.

"The only thing was my kidneys needed to readjust, so there has been no serious harm. It was only a matter of going into the hospital to heat up a bit. Other than that, I was fine."

You wouldnt be long getting frostbit after 12 hours in the sea (sorry i just had to)

BennyCake

RedHand88

Quote from: BennyCake on August 25, 2021, 10:31:53 AM
Is this a wind up?

Believe it or not, its not.
Can imagine him when he starts drifting away from the coast.

"Awwww now we're in a bit of bother here now so we are"

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: BennyCake on August 25, 2021, 10:31:53 AM
Is this a wind up?
No, a helicopter pulled him from the sea. But his story seems tall. 12 hours in the Atlantic?

Targetman

Sure he was keeping a pod of dolphins amused with his stories of yesteryear!!