Frostbit - Ruairi McSorley the new star

Started by Fiodoir Ard Mhacha, January 14, 2015, 07:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: The Subbie on January 17, 2015, 11:27:57 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on January 17, 2015, 11:14:07 PM
Kevin McAleer is not funny.

That's great.

McAleer whether you like him or not has had a stand up comedy, comedy writing & acting career for the last 25 years or so, when the bould Ruairi does the same come & see me.

Good lad, sound job.

Sorry Kevin, didn't mean to offend you. Still don't think your funny.

trileacman

Quote from: ziggysego on January 17, 2015, 10:58:24 PM
Give the young lad a break. He's found his 15 minutes and he's having fun with it. It won't last long and then you can all get back to complaining about the next thing that comes along.

Where's your sense of wanton begrudgery? And you call yourself an Irishman. Shameful.

Sure didn't he piss his granda's money up the wall, and sure his brother would've been twice as good as him but for the drink, and dya mind when Francie Bellew put him on his hole? And he was a p***k at national school.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on January 17, 2015, 11:16:07 PM
The youngster just isn't funny, not sure why it is being lapped up by UTV & the like.
When shite like Number 2s and The Hole in the Wall Gang is shown on tv then dung like this young chap will be lapped up. Teenager in funny accent sensation  :-[. There is one in every school.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

moysider

Quote from: ONeill on January 17, 2015, 11:59:34 PM
Comedy is subjective.

Profound.

Exactly. Yer man O Connor that does Mrs Brown's boys must be burstin his hole laughin anybody is watching his shite but apparently people are lappin it up.

That shite worked back in the 70s. Slack times Gaybo could pressgang in 'celebs' from local productions to fill a slot on late late show. Surprised this hokum still works. Hold on..... then again I m not surprised really.

It s a blend of Jimmy O Dee in drag (which he always appeared to be in), Maureen Potter doin a northside accent ( Chrristtiee!, will ye come down off dat tree Chrristtee!)  - cue 100s die laughing watching in black and white in Roscommon - and Rosaleen Lenihan - who in fairness had talent but was reduced to appearing in panto shite to make a crust.

No wonder Twink behaves like she s still leading the parade. She knows nothing has changed and she s still the best entertainer about when it comes to this ....... whatever it is, that Irish people seem to love??

The Subbie

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on January 17, 2015, 11:31:21 PM

That's great.

McAleer whether you like him or not has had a stand up comedy, comedy writing & acting career for the last 25 years or so, when the bould Ruairi does the same come & see me.

Good lad, sound job.

no offence taken, away you go and watch Ruairi on you tube and have a great evenings crack.
maybe you can send a wee letter into his fan club, one will be set up fairly shortly I'd imagine.
We are blessed to be alive to witness such comedic greatness.

Nigel White

That's great.

McAleer whether you like him or not has had a stand up comedyu, comedy writing & acting career for the last 25 years or so, when the bould Ruairi does the same come & see me.

Good lad, sound job.
Kevin McAleer is a comic genius. Have seen him live many times. He's
brilliant

Antrim Coaster

Ah now Subbie. I'd say there's a locka Ruairi type chaps in the likes of Peter Red Boys on a Saturday night.

The Subbie

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on January 18, 2015, 04:40:04 AM
Ah now Subbie. I'd say there's a locka Ruairi type chaps in the likes of Peter Red Boys on a Saturday night.

Nah there's boys in that pub would be way funnier

Antrim Coaster

Subbie, better night's craic in Club Hawaii with the Cooley connection ??

trileacman

Quote from: The Subbie on January 18, 2015, 01:25:13 AM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on January 17, 2015, 11:31:21 PM

That's great.

Good lad, sound job.

no offence taken, away you go and watch Ruairi on you tube and have a great evenings crack.
maybe you can send a wee letter into his fan club, one will be set up fairly shortly I'd imagine.
We are blessed to be alive to witness such comedic greatness.

Jaysus you're awful f**king sensitive, calm down he's just some young lad getting his 15 seconds of fame.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

muppet

Comparing a 15 year making a couple of videos with a performer who has had a 25 year career is absurd. I read Steve Martin's book (wouldn't really recommend it) but the one striking thing was how longs it takes to become an 'overnight success'. These guys work incredibly hard and have way more bad nights than good ones.

This kid hasn't even started anything yet ffs and he is being either ridiculously lauded or absurdly written off. Why does everything descent to FOX News style 100% for something or 100% against it?
MWWSI 2017

Orior

Quote from: muppet on January 18, 2015, 03:42:54 PM
Comparing a 15 year making a couple of videos with a performer who has had a 25 year career is absurd. I read Steve Martin's book (wouldn't really recommend it) but the one striking thing was how longs it takes to become an 'overnight success'. These guys work incredibly hard and have way more bad nights than good ones.

This kid hasn't even started anything yet ffs and he is being either ridiculously lauded or absurdly written off. Why does everything descent to FOX News style 100% for something or 100% against it?

Good post. Is there a little bit of personal experience in there Muppet?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

muppet

Quote from: Orior on January 18, 2015, 04:26:08 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 18, 2015, 03:42:54 PM

Good post. Is there a little bit of personal experience in there Muppet?

Yea, I did stand up on Fox and they were 100% against it.  :D

But seriously, no. Standing up on stage trying to make people laugh would be my idea of terror.
MWWSI 2017

ziggysego

I'm doing a bit of stand up next month. First time and I'm absolutely terrified at the thought of it.
Testing Accessibility