Mrs Brown's Boys

Started by ONeill, January 02, 2015, 06:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Right. Someone isn't owning up. Who's watching it?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

theticklemister

From the Bunker

In fairness he has got his act a bit more together in this. Don't know if it's the production? The old Mrs Browne stuff that people used to rave about was shite. And although it is still mediocre, at least it's miles ahead of the old stuff. It's Brendan Grace Humour - no harm nor groundbreaking!

Boycey

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 02, 2015, 06:15:04 PM
In fairness he has got his act a bit more together in this. Don't know if it's the production? The old Mrs Browne stuff that people used to rave about was shite. And although it is still mediocre, at least it's miles ahead of the old stuff. It's Brendan Grace Humour - no harm nor groundbreaking!

Can't say I've noticed the difference...

Young lad watches it, he's probably too young but it keeps him out of my hair for a bit  :). I was unlucky enough to see both episodes over the Christmas, it's pure brutal. A half hour of totally unfunny comedy with one laugh out loud moment, usually unscripted or ad libbed..

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

A mystery to me as I don't know anyone of the millions claimed to be watching it.

Throw ball

You are all a pile of grumpy feckers. :D

To be fair it is funnier than most other shows on TV at the minute. Silly and harmless.

brokencrossbar1

Slapstick, toilet humour at its best.  O'Carroll hasn't changed from the time I saw him in the Glencarn in Blayney when I was about 16 and that's a year or 2 ago.  'On Baggot Street Bridge, it was cold as a fridge...'  ah the memories ;D

seafoid

He is very good at what he does. It is an uncertain time for a lot of people and they don't want stuff that is too stuffy or complicated.  It is very different to the early 80s when the Young Ones or the 70s when Monty Python were going. Fair play to him for spotting the opportunity.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyCake

I gave it a chance the other night. Could only take 5 minutes. I've seen better novelty acts in Scór that finished last.

Itchy

Anyone looking forward to channel 4s new sitcom based during the famine. Word is that they are planning a Auschwitz comedy next year too.

Maguire01

Quote from: seafoid on January 02, 2015, 08:26:07 PM
It is an uncertain time for a lot of people and they don't want stuff that is too stuffy or complicated. 
What a ridiculous statement.

Itchy

Quote from: Maguire01 on January 02, 2015, 09:38:44 PM
It is an uncertain time for a lot of people and they don't want stuff that is too stuffy or complicated. 
What a ridiculous statement.

Aye. The poor people wouldn't want to be reading Seafoods essays on Palestine on some of these threads.

5 Sams

He is very good at what he does. It is an uncertain time for a lot of people and they don't want stuff that is too stuffy or complicated.  It is very different to the early 80s when the Young Ones or the 70s when Monty Python were going. Fair play to him for spotting the opportunity.

+1. The man is very funny. Snobby oul cnuts the whole lot of yiz
The Aristocrat Years