Dublin GAA

Started by mournerambler, July 15, 2007, 11:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 17, 2007, 01:16:26 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 17, 2007, 01:11:30 PM
They were hardly punches that were thrown at Ryan

Not having a go at you J70 but this is the difference, two punches thrown and they were hardly punches.

Then rewind to Whelan pushing Geraghy and it was reported on here as an "elbow to the neck".

Honest question, if that was Shane Ryan throw the "hardly" punches do you think there would be more widespread criticism on here?
Honestly.

Very probably, yes.

Clancy wasn't trying to deck or even hurt Ryan. Maybe the very act of striking with his fists, regardless of how gently, is a red-card offense, but there is no way that that was an attempt at a proper punch.

his holiness nb

I 100% agree, but it was striking with the fist nevertheless.
I'm not saying it was a red card offense, my point is if were a Dub all we would hear is how the Dub should have been sent off.
Imagine the reaction if Ciaran Whelan did the same.
Ask me holy bollix

orangeman

Ciaran Whelan is a master at evading justice !

Moose

There is certainly a level of Dublin hatred on these boards, its pretty pathetic to be honest, i was glad for Dublin to win yesterday, all the nitpicking that goes on about the Dublin team, its perceived dirtiness in comparison to other teams(when every other team is at it), the so called hype about dublin(the last three years i've heard more talk about the hype than actual hype). Complaining that Dublin are ruining the pitch by running onto, as if Laois wouldn't do the same if they had won either. Grow up and get over it, and this from a Mayo man.   

Hardy

Ah in fairness now it's great crack and there's no chance at all of it stopping as long as the reaction continues to be so rewarding! There's no better entertainment than the indignant Dub in full flight.

rrhf

I dont know if theres hatred at all.  Everyone loves to bate not hate the jacks.. Having said that its nearly 12 years since you won an all Ireland.  Is the premiership even that old?

Tankie

QuoteDubs get stand alone fixture
17 July 2007

Having originally been fixed to play their All-Ireland quarter-final on the same day as Kerry, Dublin will now have a stand alone fixture on Saturday, August 11th, with the Nicky Rackard Cup final providing the curtain raiser.

The following day, Sunday, August 12th, will see Kerry play their last eight encounter while the All-Ireland SHC semi-final between the winners of Waterford/Cork and Clare/Limerick will precede it.

I guess the GAA have finally realised where their bread is buttered and stop their normal bullshite about Double headers. I suppose you culchies wont want to build a clubhouse out of another €3m that Dublin GAA is giving away.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

magpie seanie

Common sense decision.

Common sense - take note Tankie.  ;)

Tankie

I'd say there would be more at a U12 game then the Nicky Rackard Cup ::)
Grand Slam Saturday!

orangeman

Tankie - I don't know about the € 3m for a club house but we have a fantastic facility at our club and precious little has come from Dublin - the idea that Dublin account for all of the money going into the GAA is a silly one - ok you have great support but Dublin being responsible for running the GAA is a bit wide of the mark.

Whitehair

Any odds on the throw-in being delayed for this match?

Tankie

Quote from: Whitehair on July 17, 2007, 03:38:20 PM
Any odds on the throw-in being delayed for this match?

well the last match wasnt so maybe the GAA got their scanners working properly and fans could get into the ground ;D
Grand Slam Saturday!

Fishead_Sam

Starting threads SuperDubs this SuperDubs that is crazy for a team that has only made one All-Ireland Semi in 12 years and a League Semi in God knows how many years, your only trying to get on peoples nerves and then complain when the bite back.

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.