Dublin GAA

Started by mournerambler, July 15, 2007, 11:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tankie

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 16, 2007, 06:47:15 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 16, 2007, 06:46:12 PM
Does anybody really get offended when they are called a "culchie"?

Doesn't bother me..Im actually a Dulchie though....A culchie living in Dublin

Why do you live here if you dislike dubs so much??? We call you culchie as if we said want we wanted to call you's we would get banned ;)
Grand Slam Saturday!

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Mike Sheehy

QuoteMikey Sheehy NEVER soloed the ball in his entire Kerry Career - spanning 24 years and 142 goals and  8876 points

Soloing is for pansies !

paddypastit

Dreamer - I told no lie - go watch the video. I'll accept it wasn't 11, but there were 8, possible 9.  FACT so FYT
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

J70

There wasn't a word from any of you last year when Paul McGrane took a similar number of steps in scoring the decisive goal in the Ulster Final. Every team gets away with this and square balls and throws balls and the like at some stage. There's nothing wrong with giving the dubs a bit of a slagging, but this is a bit ridiculous!

Star Spangler

QuoteDoesn't bother me..Im actually a Dulchie though....A culchie living in Dublin

A Dulchie is a Dub who lives out in the "sticks".  Once a culchie, always a culchie even if you've lived 50 years in Dublin!

orangeman

Why were Dublin goading the Laois players and the first aid man ? It was disgraceful !

Gnevin

Quote from: orangeman on July 17, 2007, 10:12:58 AM
Why were Dublin goading the Laois players and the first aid man ? It was disgraceful !
Their is 9 page discussion on this in the leinster final thread , no need to start it here as well
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

his holiness nb

Quote from: orangeman on July 17, 2007, 10:12:58 AM

Jaysus lads the Dubs mustnt have done much wrong is this is all ye have to whinge about, a few extra steps (happens every few minutes in every game) and a bit of celebrating rather than rising to the row the Laois lads wanted.

Funny though that there were a few punches thrown at Shane Ryan yet hardly a word about that. Jesus if it were the other way round ye would be calling for assault charges!

It really is quite amusing.
Ask me holy bollix

orangeman

Sorry Gnevin - didn't see that - but it was a disgrace and I see the Leinster chairman is looking for action to be taken against the perpetrators -

dubsnsubs

The Leinster chairman is from Laois and has a history of anti-Dub statements despite us paying his wages. No surprises there!

orangeman

I see - he's a Laois man - but why goad the first aid man then ? what did he do ? did he assault one of your players - I couldn't really see what happened.

J70

They were hardly punches that were thrown at Ryan, although to his great credit, he didn't go down making a meal out of the incident like many other players would.

timmyot501

Mulgrews goal for Tyrone against Donegal - at least 8 steps before he hit a cracking goal.  Finished Donegal off.

his holiness nb

Quote from: J70 on July 17, 2007, 01:11:30 PM
They were hardly punches that were thrown at Ryan

Not having a go at you J70 but this is the difference, two punches thrown and they were hardly punches.

Then rewind to Whelan pushing Geraghy and it was reported on here as an "elbow to the neck".

Honest question, if that was Shane Ryan throw the "hardly" punches do you think there would be more widespread criticism on here?
Honestly.
Ask me holy bollix