Senior Hurlers 2022

Started by mcwregor, December 16, 2021, 10:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiritof86

Yes he's currently with Kerry .

Giovanni

Is a return of Eddie Brennan completely out of the question?

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Giovanni on June 24, 2022, 11:36:47 AM

Anything to be said for another mass?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

clonadmad

Quote from: Giovanni on June 24, 2022, 11:36:47 AM

And cheddar could then come in again after parkinson interviews him again?

Keyser Söze

When you see the likes of Molumpy with Kerry & Herrity with Kildare, there are options out there of young, vibrant and well respected individuals out to make a name for themselves.
Brennan showed this also.
But when does going back ever work.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Giovanni

There aren't too many examples right enough but I don't see why that should be the case. I suppose Jack O Connor could be put forward as an example. James Horan? Personally, I'd be looking for someone who would create a buzz amongst supporters and players. Wouldn't have to be a high profile experienced manager but it should be someone who would generate interest in the county in the way that Shefflin did when he went to Galway.

redsetanta

Would the likes of DJ Carey be worth a punt. Seems to have done a decent job with Carlow IT and would already know some of the players.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Laois man

Mick Dempsey was the main man behind Carlow IT doing well. Louis Mulquee former clare coach and was involved in a few clubs in Galway has a very good record. He was Davys right hand man when clare won the All lreland.

marty34

Would Derek Lyng be an option? Up and coming.

Outside bet - try Liam Sheedy?

Spiritof86

Mulquee would be interesting. He is involved with Blackrock in Cork at the moment I believe . There the  fellows we need to be looking at the likes of Mulquee ,  Mullins , Lynch , Molumpy and Lyng .
Our budget rules us out for the likes of McGrath , Sheedy and Fitzy .

Laois man

Not McGarth I don't think he's the mam for the job.

Giovanni

Zooming around

Any sign of a senior manager being appointed? Any names for possible candidates floating around??

burdizzo

Someone mentioned Davy Fitz, but.... I don't think so!

Helix.

Quote from: burdizzo on July 09, 2022, 03:41:31 AM
Someone mentioned Davy Fitz, but.... I don't think so!

Wouldn't surprise me if he got the Dublin job.