Senior Hurlers 2022

Started by mcwregor, December 16, 2021, 10:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

;D I don't think you will.

burdizzo

We shall see. But Westmeath are deserving favourites. They should have beaten us in the league relegation last year, as well.

G@@

Half time Laois 1-11 v 1-12 Westmeath.
They'll have the breeze in the second half.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Joeythelips

Getting well beaten, a sad finish to the year. Laois GAA needs to take a good look at itself in the off season

G@@

5-24 to 1-18 in the finish.
An 18pt beating.
We're back four or five years when we nearly crashed out of the JMD. We've regressed to Offaly's level.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Laois man

O my god that was shocking.

Helix.

G@@

Quote from: Helix. on May 21, 2022, 07:43:06 PM
P45 for Cheddar.

Unfortunately so. I feel sorry for Cheddar - great dedication for Laois hurling, but his tactics were never great and rarely got the best out of the team.

Compared to Eddie Brennan, the Laois lads were lined out to get the best out of the team.

Where does Laois senior hurling go from here. Hope for a Kerry win next weekend to stay up, or go down to the dog fight that is the JMD Cup?

seafoid

Laois have been having a bad year in both codes.
Getting rid of Eddie Brennan was a mistake.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Silkyskillssunshinee

Personally, I hope Kerry manage to beat Antrim and we stay up. I still think this is a decent enough team there, and with some talented u20 and minor players coming through, there is rooom for improvement.

I don't see the benefit in dropping down to Joe Mc and possibly stagnating there.

Laois man

If westmeath can beat us by 18points do we deserve to stay up.?

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Laois man on May 21, 2022, 09:22:35 PM

No we do not.
Huge fan of Cheddar. Gutted that he went the first time. Raging the way people here spoke about him.
But it's all over. His time has gone. It's for the betterment of Laois hurling that he steps aside.
Whether we are good or not is one thing. We currently aren't trying. The players aren't applying themselves. Too many won't go in. Those who are there don't appear energized in any way.
To say it isn't working is an understatement.

What a f**king low point for the county to suffer a beating like that at home to Westmeath. I'm sorry that Cheddar and a number of the senior players will be associated with/remembered for that.

To twist CJHs' words "He has done the county some service, we know it. No more of that."
Time is up Cheddar. I just hope Laois County Board approach the matter of replacing him in a serious manner.
Tom Mullally anyone?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

blueandwhite1

No. This fantasy that we will improve by playing the better counties is nonsense. We have gotten worse under cheddar. Westmeath outfought us, outhurled us, outpaced us and out thought us. They were much better. This system is awful. If Kerry win they have to beat Tipp to play in the provincial championship and we will stay up! The first year after winning the MacDonagh is usually a decent one. The subsequent ones less so (e.g, Carlow and now Laois). The weaker counties should get a shot at the stronger counties but should only have to be exposed to a couple of hammerings a year. That does not help anyone to get better.

For Laois, we need more top class hurlers. When we are missing a few of our better hurlers as we were for large parts of this year we are not competitive.

Good luck to Westmeath. They looked the part tonight.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on May 21, 2022, 09:46:46 PM
Good luck to Westmeath. They looked the part tonight.

They certainly looked more like InterCounty hurlers in terms of physique than we did.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Laois man

Is Tom Mullaney still with Carlow? We are training still before Xmas and still look unfit or is it only me?