Senior Hurlers 2022

Started by mcwregor, December 16, 2021, 10:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost soul 2

Helix.

Quote from: Lost soul 2 on February 16, 2022, 07:11:44 PM
Yes Conroy did cruciate

Again? The poor hoor. Speedy recovery to him.

redsetanta

How did he do that? Wasn't during the game.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Lost soul 2 on February 16, 2022, 06:11:12 PM
Conroy out with cruciate,I don't think cheddar will change fonsey out of centre back which is shame,jack Kelly does need go wing back,tracking runners is not his strong suit.we need few more doggers in forwards,all like it nice and handy up there bar Willie dunphy in my opinion.

In fairness Roddy and Picky well able to win their own ball too but I agree with you in general, need more fighters on the half forward line in general.

Any word on Cha?

Lost soul 2

Back doing a bit af training but few weeks out

redsetanta

Decent first half again but over ran in the second half and another big defeat. Whatever is happening it will need to be sorted for championship.  Antrim will beat us based on results so far and then it's a play off against Offaly.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

G@@

Very poor performance from Laois yesterday. Easily one of Rowland's poorest days minding the net too - he had some woeful puckouts. Laois looked like a team not interested in competing yesterday. Alot of ball watching and taking too long to react to situations.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

burdizzo

Quote from: redsetanta on February 28, 2022, 09:50:03 AM
Decent first half again but over ran in the second half and another big defeat. Whatever is happening it will need to be sorted for championship.  Antrim will beat us based on results so far and then it's a play off against Offaly.

Which Offaly will probably win.

blueandwhite1

There is certainly a stale-ness about the team and performances at the moment. It will need to improve if we want to stay in Division 1.

Not much evidence of development in how we are hurling. Determined to copy the same mistakes week in / week out.

The Antrim / Waterford result will be a sobering one for us.

Lost soul 2

Yea totally agree Rowland poor,we are not improving,hard to see it fixed if he still sticking to same system.thought Lennon wasn't great at sweeper but can see the confidence drained out of the team,can it be turned around??

Laois man

Playing Lennon as a sweeper with the wind not very poistive by a mangerment team🤔

SpeculativeEffort

Quote from: G@@ on February 28, 2022, 11:33:32 AM
Very poor performance from Laois yesterday. Easily one of Rowland's poorest days minding the net too - he had some woeful puckouts. Laois looked like a team not interested in competing yesterday. Alot of ball watching and taking too long to react to situations.

Wasnt at the game but you say Laois didnt look like they wanted to compete. Thats very worrying. Does some of this stem from the tactic of trying to use short ball eg puckouts and attempting to create situations where we have cheap non contested ball in non threatening parts of the pitch. Then we shoot from distance before retreating again. Its sniper type hurling and its why we score so few goals, have so many wides from long distance and invite teams onto us. Its a poorer version of Wexford under Davy. We will generally hit 17 to 20 pts but concede 2, 3 or 4 twenty something. Must be v tough playing in a constantly outnumbered forward line.

mcwregor

Big game Sunday. Televised live on tg4. Its a home game against Antrim. We beat them reasonably easily last year in the championship. I have no doubt that we have the players to beat Antrim. Something doesn't seem to be right at the minute within the camp but a win here could keep us from relegation and set us up for the championship. On paper at the moment our team looks solid enough. We need to get hartnett back in corner back. Not sure if he's injured? Other players that have done it at this level in the past need to find form. Now is the time lads.
Its also a huge game for the management. This game will tell a lot of them also. We need to win simple as.

clonadmad

I wouldnt have any expectation of a Laois win Antrim tbh

basing it on form lines alone

KK bet us by 17,they bet Antrim by 4 and Antrim fought them all the way

Antrim had a penalty to beat Waterford with the last puck of the ball and McManus drove it over the bar

Our Performance v Waterford

I dont think anyone needs to be reminded about

It was always going to come down to beating Offaly in a relegation final.

Spiritof86

Quote from: mcwregor on March 03, 2022, 08:56:41 AM
Big game Sunday. Televised live on tg4. Its a home game against Antrim. We beat them reasonably easily last year in the championship. I have no doubt that we have the players to beat Antrim. Something doesn't seem to be right at the minute within the camp but a win here could keep us from relegation and set us up for the championship. On paper at the moment our team looks solid enough. We need to get hartnett back in corner back. Not sure if he's injured? Other players that have done it at this level in the past need to find form. Now is the time lads.
Its also a huge game for the management. This game will tell a lot of them also. We need to win simple as.

Hartnett out injured . Another 5/6 weeks before he's back in contention .