Paddy Kenny

Started by Leo, April 22, 2012, 07:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo

Shay Given in decline, next choice Westwood can't get a game at Sunderland, third choice Forde can't get a game in the championship.... then we are looking to a guy in the basement Scottish league .....
Meanwhile Paddy Kenny continues to perform as one of the best keepers in the premiership week in week out, yet there is no clamour for him to play again for Ireland!
Yes he had one nightmare game a few years back - who didn't? - but does that explain the silence from our wonderful pundits like the boys who analysed the QPR-Spurs game inside out last night on RTE yet never once mentioned the man of the match.
But then Kenny was born in England so is only an Irishman when it suits us (Tony Galvin, Kevin Sheedy, Terry Mancini, Cascarino!!!!!!)
Could the true Dub supporters not adopt him for one of their Andy Reid inspired campaigns? On second thoughts that might need him to take QPR to the bottom of the championship.
Fierce tame altogether

DuffleKing

Solid keeper but one of the best in the premiership? Give me a break. He's probably the weakest starting keeper in the top flight.
Paddy does the basics well - good handling and deals with crosses - but unless he's hit he never makes a save out of the ordinary. Being a solid premiership keeper is no disgrace by the way!

Personally, I'd rate westwood as number 2

Cosmo Kramer

Henderson at Portsmouth is in the reckoning too, wasnt his fault they were relegated, will get a move to a top championship or lower premier club this summer. Colin Doyle at Birmingham could be back in the premier league next year. Randolph at Motherwell is rated as highly as their previous keeper, John Ruddy who now plays in the EPL with Norwich. Plenty of competition, Paddy is a decent keeper but I don't think his services are required.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

AFS

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on April 22, 2012, 11:38:02 AM
Henderson at Portsmouth is in the reckoning too, wasnt his fault they were relegated, will get a move to a top championship or lower premier club this summer. Colin Doyle at Birmingham could be back in the premier league next year. Randolph at Motherwell is rated as highly as their previous keeper, John Ruddy who now plays in the EPL with Norwich. Plenty of competition, Paddy is a decent keeper but I don't think his services are required.

Henderson is already gone from Portsmouth, Doyle is only Birmingham's sub keeper, and Ruddy is English.

I'd imagine there are some non-footballing issues behind Kenny's absence.

ziggy90

Paddy Kenny is the best farmer in Roscommon.  :P
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Leo

Quote from: AFS on April 22, 2012, 03:23:51 PM
Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on April 22, 2012, 11:38:02 AM

Henderson is already gone from Portsmouth, Doyle is only Birmingham's sub keeper, and Ruddy is English.

I'd imagine there are some non-footballing issues behind Kenny's absence.

If so what are they. Has he "deceased" all his grannies?
Is he really an Italian? (Cascarino!!)
Would Henderson or Doyle (decent players) be on the target list for any premiership club?
Doyle is second choice at a championship club but I agree he has shown up well in recent games where he has been played, not dissing on him at all but still no. 2 in that league where Kenny was the no. 1 goalkeeper last year. Since then he has again proven to be one of the best in the premiership and a major reason why QPR have a chance of staying up. Our friend who rates only his ability with crosses obviously looks away at his amazing shot-stop statistics.
So what is it then?
Did he jump on cars outside a Dublin nightclub?
Was he late (and langared) getting on a team bus?
I'm only asking....
Fierce tame altogether

Leo

Our second choice Westwood is now doiwn to third choice at Sunderland, our third choice Forde can not get a game at mighty Milwall. Afetr that we are off to the lofty heights of the Scottish league.
Meanwhile Paddy Kenny is still no 1 at a premier league club.
I'm still baffled.
Fierce tame altogether

trileacman

You know I think the Irish news have a page every Thursday for shite like this, you should get onto them.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Christmas Lights

Shea Given in decline eh  ???

Villa's best player today.  This thread is laughable  ::)

Leo

Quote from: Christmas Lights on April 28, 2012, 07:56:36 PM
Shea Given in decline eh  ???

Villa's best player today.  This thread is laughable  ::)

Since first poste Given has proved me wrong - bang back in form in a crap team. But nobody seems to be willing to address the rest of my argument other than to throw meaningless abuse.
Fierce tame altogether

laoislad

Having a stormer today. Beaten 3 times after 20mins.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Leo

Quote from: laoislad on April 29, 2012, 01:56:03 PM
Make that 4.

It ended up 6 but he will still be close to QPR player of the year and still nobody can answer my initial question.
Fierce tame altogether

muppet

Quote from: Leo on April 30, 2012, 11:56:36 PM
Quote from: laoislad on April 29, 2012, 01:56:03 PM
Make that 4.

It ended up 6 but he will still be close to QPR player of the year and still nobody can answer my initial question.

This was the only question in your initial post: "Could the true Dub supporters not adopt him for one of their Andy Reid inspired campaigns?"

I'll answer: No.
MWWSI 2017

Agent Orange

He is keeping QPR in the premier league at the minute.