Eamon Fennell
Ross McConnell
David Henry
Niall Corkery
Paul Flynn
Alan Hubbard
Kevin McManamon
Bernard Brogan

I'm not going to bother with analysis because there is no point. However if anyone knows the handicap for this game for a Tyrone win could they put it up. This is a better bet then Ruby Walsh on a favourite. I could do with making a few quid.

You said the same prior to the Kerry game Indiana and that went ok. I hardly have the time to defend another manager against unreasonable criticism, what with the Mayo lads and all but Gilroy is doing alright in my book. No harm in giving Savage another run between the posts and Brogan or Keaney would hardly be right to start a game like this, anyway isn't this a great opportunity to give experience to some young lads in a championship like game. Those not starting can always come off the bench if needed and the difference between 70 mins and 40min of action won't be huge for Brogan or Keaney. McAuley is the only surprise omission for me as I think he needs to look at alternatives for the championship at midfield.

heffo

Quote from: Zulu on April 08, 2010, 03:01:18 PM
QuoteDUBLIN (SF v Tyrone)
Michael Savage
Paul Conlon
Rory O'Carroll
Ross O'Carroll
Philly McMahon
Denis Bastick
Cian O'Sullivan
Eamon Fennell
Ross McConnell
David Henry
Niall Corkery
Paul Flynn
Alan Hubbard
Kevin McManamon
Bernard Brogan

I'm not going to bother with analysis because there is no point. However if anyone knows the handicap for this game for a Tyrone win could they put it up. This is a better bet then Ruby Walsh on a favourite. I could do with making a few quid.

You said the same prior to the Kerry game Indiana and that went ok. I hardly have the time to defend another manager against unreasonable criticism, what with the Mayo lads and all but Gilroy is doing alright in my book. No harm in giving Savage another run between the posts and Brogan or Keaney would hardly be right to start a game like this, anyway isn't this a great opportunity to give experience to some young lads in a championship like game. Those not starting can always come off the bench if needed and the difference between 70 mins and 40min of action won't be huge for Brogan or Keaney. McAuley is the only surprise omission for me as I think he needs to look at alternatives for the championship at midfield.

Darren Magee should be in midfield - McConnell still hasn't made a single clean catch at midfield all league and we've been cleaned out in that sector in the last two games

Hound

Would have been nice to see Alan Brogan back, but no surprise that Gilroy is continuing to treat the league as being for experimental purposes only. I don't have a problem with that, assuming he has some overall plan! Missing the league won't do Brogan any harm, tho bringing Cahill back and then leaving him out again is a bit of a strange one.

Glad to see something else tried at 6. Some people have bee raving about Cian O'Sullivan, but the main thing we've learned about him this campaign is that he is not ready for intercounty championship level at centre back. Wing back should suit him much better.

Midfield is a disaster area, so I can understand getting big men in and around that area.

Glad to see KevMc get another start. This should be a good test.

Must admit that I know very little about Niall Corkery. If you asked me to name 15 forwards who might play against Tyrone, Corkery would not have been in the list! I haven't heard about him being talked up before - can anyone provide more info on him?

I don't think making a league final will fit into Gilroy's plans for playing down expectations! Hopefully the lads can pull out a victory despite that!

ONeill

1 Jonathan Curran – Oileán a'Ghuail
2 Dermot Carlin – Coill an Chlochair
3 Joe McMahon – An Omaigh
4 Ryan McMenamin – An  An Droim Mhór
5 David Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin
6 Conor Gormley – An Charraig Mhór
7 Philip Jordan – An Mhaigh
8 Aidan Cassidy – Eochar
9 Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
10 Kyle Coney – Ard Bó
11 Brian McGuigan – Ard Bó
12 Peter Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin
13 Martin Penrose – Achadh Uí Aráin
14 Sean Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
15 Mark Donnelly – An Charraig Mhór

16 John Devine – Aireagal Chiaráin
17 Kevin Hughes – Cill Íseal
18 Jason McAnulla – An Omaigh
19 Cathal McCarron – An Droim Mhór
20 Colm McCullagh – An Droim Mhór
21 Conal McElholm – An Omaigh
22 Tommy McGuigan – Ard Bó
23 Colm McGurk – An Charraig Mhór
24 Niall McKenna – Domhnach Mór
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

ONeill

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Tyrone Dreamer

Curran's kickouts have been a major factor in a good few league defeats in recent seasons. I have no problem with him starting on Sunday though if Harte has told him to get distance on his kickouts as its when he tries the short one's that theres a problem.

Can't understand how Cathal McCarron has been dropped before Harte and Ricey. Given his inexperience I think he has did quite well whereas Ricey and Harte have been well off the pace.

I see it says Mugsy is injured. Wonder is this right.

up tyrone

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on April 08, 2010, 10:34:57 PM
Curran's kickouts have been a major factor in a good few league defeats in recent seasons. I have no problem with him starting on Sunday though if Harte has told him to get distance on his kickouts as its when he tries the short one's that theres a problem.

Can't understand how Cathal McCarron has been dropped before Harte and Ricey. Given his inexperience I think he has did quite well whereas Ricey and Harte have been well off the pace.

Told use 2 wks ago hes bestman at a wedding on saturday and is unavailable.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: up tyrone on April 08, 2010, 11:08:48 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on April 08, 2010, 10:34:57 PM

Told use 2 wks ago hes bestman at a wedding on saturday and is unavailable.

It says on BBC and RTE he is injured but I'm assuming that the real reason is the wedding. Bit of a loss in the forwards but good to see Donnelly get another chance. Would be a bit worried about a lack of ball winning ability in the half forward line if Cavanagh actually plays at full forward.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Gaffer

Quote from: hardstation on April 08, 2010, 11:51:53 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on April 08, 2010, 11:49:41 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 08, 2010, 11:45:43 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on April 08, 2010, 11:36:23 PM
I'm very nervous that Curran is starting.
Why?

Why you asking why? You knpw the answer?

Clue.....

Last game he played for Tyrone
One game ffs. One mistake and his Bangors went. Jeez.

Come on!!!   There was more than one mistake. 1st half was brutal for him!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ziggysego

Quote from: hardstation on April 08, 2010, 11:57:00 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on April 08, 2010, 11:54:08 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 08, 2010, 11:51:53 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on April 08, 2010, 11:49:41 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 08, 2010, 11:45:43 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on April 08, 2010, 11:36:23 PM
I'm very nervous that Curran is starting.
Why?

Why you asking why? You knpw the answer?

Clue.....

Last game he played for Tyrone
One game ffs. One mistake and his Bangors went. Jeez.

Come on!!!   There was more than one mistake. 1st half was brutal for him!!!
Deserves a chance to put that right imo.

For sure, but I'm allowed to be nervous aren't I ;)
Testing Accessibility