Next Laois football manager

Started by SCFC, July 27, 2017, 08:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

town1980

If Gerry and the officials pick someone like Colin Kelly and don't interview all people mentioned locally or that are nominated this will cause a lot of trouble

portlaoisekid

What link does Kelly have with the CB or someone on it ?, because its obvious his name hasn't been pulled out of thin air.

If true , This all sounds like a inside job of the highest order.

High Fielder

I have no interest in another failed inter county manager either. If jobs are given on the basis of who you know, then there's no place for these people on a County Board. I'd rather give one of our own a chance. Clubs need to vote against this sort of stuff

redsetanta

Well it's about time the clubs showed a bit of balls and stood up against this. Club executives should be getting their mandate from their club. Time to act is now!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

BallyroanAbu

BallyroanAbbey have nominated Clancy, but have stipulated a preference for a locally based candidate.

The Monument Road

Quote from: town1980 on August 02, 2017, 10:28:52 PM
If Gerry and the officials pick someone like Colin Kelly and don't interview all people mentioned locally or that are nominated this will cause a lot of trouble
People MENTIONED LOCALLY AND ON THIS FORUM cant be interviewed.

Don Draper

Quote from: town1980 on August 02, 2017, 10:28:52 PM
And the mask slips

Keyser Söze

I'd find it hard to believe the Colin Kelly rumour. It'd be a very difficult sell for Gerry & co.
Something they might do as a last resort, but not as a fait accompli this early in the process.
Don't believe it myself.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

town1980

john sugru is another who would be an ideal candidate young trained kerry lives local and im sure the lads would respect him to he hasnt been mentioned much but could be a very good man and has delivered workshops for laois GAA

welcomehome

I see where fergal byron...donie norton michael murphy who was manager of the heritage this three-man committee have being selected  in picking the new laois manager....

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: welcomehome on August 04, 2017, 11:30:38 AM
I see where fergal byron...donie norton michael murphy who was manager of the heritage this three-man committee have being selected  in picking the new laois manager....
Good luck to them. It's a big responsibility getting this one right. Personally I'd like to see a young Laois manager get it. Any of the names being mentioned here, Clancy, Conway, Higgins could be worth a try. Mick Lawlor is also a name I'd like to see in the mix, if he were interested.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Unison

I suspect that Mick Lawlor would love to be involved at some level. It has to be someone who sees this job as a long term project i.e. building a new team of players who are committed to playing for the county. Looking at the likes of Portarlington last night, alone, I think there is some young talent that can be worked with.

I hope Fergal and co. come up with the right man. They should talk to all concerned parties, current players, ex-players, coaches around the county, possibly even some supporters.

I would prefer that a committed Laois man with innovative ideas got the job. But if it has to be an outsider, then so be it.

No pressure on Fergal and co., but get us the right man!!!!

portlaoisekid

Don't envy the groups task to find a manager .

Is there money there to fund a top class mgt team?

High Fielder

If there is don't waste it. Keep it for when we have a talented and dedicated crop. This group aren't it.

Giovanni

An interesting and maybe reasonable way to look at it.  This group have had a lot of resources fired at them over the last 5 or 6 years and it could be said that they have not made the best of it.