Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Pain

So hot here, so hot in herre!

Mr. Pain has been reading. Never before has he seen such tripe.

Richie J can and will be ignored as it is obvious he has an agenda and resorts to name calling to his target (Mr Ego) Andrews.

CavanBoy is obviously a player who was dropped or a close relative of one with a bee in his bonnet.

Any management or Co. Board have no obligation to make a statement about issues like these. If they did so for every player who was dropped from every county team how would it work?

Pride in your own club and county should take precedent over your selection (or not) to play.

Lastly, lots of players are dropped from county teams. Get over it.

Rant over!
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

Denn Forever

We missed you Mr Pain.

Ripped from another thread.

Derry   2   2   0   0   4   32   26   1.230769231
Cavan   2   1   0   1   2   29   27   1.074074074
UUJ   2   1   0   1   2   25   28   0.892857143
Donegal   2   0   0   2   0   23   28   0.821428571

So if we beat UUJ and Donegal beat Derry, are we in the semi final?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Dougal

Quote from: Denn Forever on January 18, 2012, 05:32:36 PM
We missed you Mr Pain.

Ripped from another thread.

Derry   2   2   0   0   4   32   26   1.230769231
Cavan   2   1   0   1   2   29   27   1.074074074
UUJ   2   1   0   1   2   25   28   0.892857143
Donegal   2   0   0   2   0   23   28   0.821428571

So if we beat UUJ and Donegal beat Derry, are we in the semi final?

we would go out on head to head with derry,unless we win by 7 or 8 and fermanagh lose by the same.i think
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

anglocelt39

Quote from: Richiej on January 18, 2012, 06:31:51 PM
Team tonite..... Reilly ,o dowd ,mc cormack, slowey, Meehan, o Reilly, Jordan, givney, mckiernan, mc keever. R Cullivan Murray , mcclarey, keating, Fitzpatrick.

very positive to see three Gaels lads starting, bodes well for the future.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Ollie

Cavan 0.16 - UUJ 3.05.. full-time score.

trim blue

Good to keep winning but we are leaking some amount of goals
ah sure tog out anyway

BigMac

Which Jordan was wing back does anyone know? Joey and Stephen are both on the panel. I presume it was Joey, as Stephen was wing forward for the previous two games. If Joey was going to get a run it would have been in the half back line, although most people would agree Stephen's best position is at wing back. Good to get another win, but it would be nice to stop conceding goals and maybe get one or two more ourselves.

boojangles

Good post Cavanboy. Alot of valid points. However I will say that if Jelly leaves his club to enable himself to play with another county then I believe he is wrong. Your club is your club.
But the more you look at what Val has done, there is no consistency in his decision to drop the players he has. The buck stops with the manager and it should always be that way. I'm not having a dig at any player but it's a valid point to mention that tonight Cavan had 2 or 3 lads playing who in the past would not play for Cavan.
You can say I'm only trying to stir things but if people are questioning the influence on a panel (be it negative or positive) from somebody like Jelly then surely they should also be questioning the influence of players who have walked away from panels in the past.
I'd just love to know Vals reasoning behind all this.

rodney trotter

Martin Dunne seemed to have done well when he came on last night. I didn't know he was even on the panel. He has the potential to be as good as Johnston when he was at his best. I always thought he lacked a bit on the physical side for county senior level, i saw him against glenswilly and he was pushed about the place, maybe the marking wasn't as tight last night. Heard Cavan Gaels refused Johnstons move, so he will have to transfer to a club in Kildare now.

Denn Forever

Its all about beating Doneal in the 1st round.  An interesting analysis from another thread.  But only based on McKenna cup but its a starting point.

http://sc1sports.com/have-donegal-been-worked-out/
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

cavanmaniac

Thanks for that link Breffni Yank. It would seem Parkinson is of the opinion that it's Seanie's behaviour that has cost him his place, although he then goes on to admit he hasn't really heard anything concrete from within the county so make of it what you will.

You could discuss this around the houses for days on end but the bottom line for me personally is that a player of Johnson's calibre has not been dismissed for simply no good reason. Despite having speculated a bit on it myself - putting two and two together and making an educated guess as to what that reason might be - it's probably best until we hear for sure what it is before making more judgements.

Breffni_Yank

Richie J, I have seen your posts on this thread, one on the main page and on the Hoganstand and I think your conspiracy against Andrews has to stop. It is time we all respect his decision to select the panel that he sees fit and let him go with that. Can we really get any worse? Can we ever put up a more lifeless performance than we did against Longford last year?

He has decided to take a fresh approach and whether he is right or wrong we will soon find out. He deserves an opportunity to make his mark on the team. He was here before and get us to an Ulster final. He deservces a shot. If he fails well then at least he tried something different.

We all want to know why he dropped Sean but he doesnt have to tell us just like he doesnt have to tell us about the tactics he wants to play. Football is a game of opinions. We are entitled to ours and he is entitled to his. The difference is he wears the manager bib and even though many of us wont agree with everything he does we respect his right to make that call.

From following our three games so far this year I see Murray, Meehan, Smith, McClarey and Dunne have all played for Cavan. If they are willing to accept the manager's decision to cut Johnston and give their best for Cavan then I think we should respect them and give them their chance.

Let's stop all the crap and give our new panel time to find its feet.

anglocelt39

Richie I agree with you in fairness that it's a pity there are not a few more experienced lads in the panel to help some of the new blood along the way. The problem is, however, that a fair few of the lads in question were in the panel last year when some of the new blood was brought in. Now if you believe some of what you might hear, the more established lads on the panel didn't do a whole pile to bring the new lads along.

without knowing the in's and out's of it I think that probably left Andrews with a choice of sticking with the core of the established panel or going for a clean out. For better or worse he has chosen the latter, will be judged on it and should be given a chance to get on with things. It's not as if he's cleaned out lads that had won a pile of stuff at County level. Somebody spoke about the Longford performance last year, well the one against Cork the previous year was the most awful that I can remember so this has been coming a while.

Both Keogan and Carr spoke about there being attitude problems in the panel when they were involved. In fairness to Val at least he has taken the bull by the horns and tried to do something about it.

For this year if we hold our own in Division 3, win one championship game (perhaps in the qualifiers), have 20 lads lining out that put the effort in and continue  the great progress that has been made at underage level in the last year or two i'll accept that as the a tentative step towards recovery. There will be setbacks, Roscommon went for the clean slate approach a few years ago and it was far from plain sailing but they seem to be in a better place as regards performance and panel attitude. Hopefully we can move in a similar direction.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

cavanlad

we need to move on, val will do the talking on the pitch.
My ignore list - Richiej